Well its not arrived today, and Canada post don't deliver on saturdays.
    No Saturday delivery?! What kind of postal system do you have in Canada?! Total fail! Worst postal system EVER! (I'm just kidding, of course... keeping with the reactionary feel of the thread. The U.S. Post Office near me is actually open seven days a week with door delivery Monday thru Saturday, but that will end soon...)

And i don't see why there should be any hold up at customs if Globalware has sorted out the clearances ect.
    The only time I had something international clear customs fast was when the sender sent me some Japanese Anime toys in a box printed with "Cancer Death Mask". The sender was trying to be environmentally friendly by reusing a box for a bunch of "Cancer Death Mask" figures. Most of the time, it's a day in customs.

Looking more closely at the email, it is a reply to one i sent 8 days ago !!!!
    Well, from this, we can tell that they're eight days behind in their email responses!
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-09-11 02:04 PM
    Well I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring for some reference. Like many others I too purchased via a "Guest" account and only got a confirmation email (no tracking/shipping one). I did call though thanks to cogsinister's phone #, and found that it had shipped roughly 3 days after ordering on the 28th.

Problem of course is upon calling them about 5 business days later, they said there was no tracking info. available and simply told me to wait longer.

Here's some things of interest though: apparently my order was sent via USPS from the states even though I ordered via the Canada site. The only information they could give was a USPS "shipping confirmation number". Called up USPS to see if they could give me any more info, but they said that they couldn't.

So basically like many other's I'm in a bit of a waiting game. If it helps at all, perhaps the US -> Canada shipping might explain the extended length for some Canadian orders (unless you had it expedited, this was a free ground). Also not sure if you could dig any further into the USPS confirmation numbers.
    12-09-11 02:24 PM
    Update:

Day 14, Still no email regarding tracking/shipping etc.

My order was supposedly shipped on 12/6 after ording on 11/25 but I have no way to find out when it should arrive.

Ive sent emails everyday for the past 6 days to orders/[email protected] and still have not received any replies.

I even contacted globalware 3 days ago and havent heard back from them either.

Update 2:

I just called shopblackberry and the guy told me that my order still has not been shipped yet. Even though my account has been charged.
    Last edited by BBPB199; 12-09-11 at 03:01 PM.
    12-09-11 02:56 PM
    Update:

Day 14, Still no email regarding tracking/shipping etc.

My order was supposedly shipped on 12/6 after ording on 11/25 but I have no way to find out when it should arrive.

Ive sent emails everyday for the past 6 days to orders/[email protected] and still have not received any replies.

I even contacted globalware 3 days ago and havent heard back from them either.

Update 2:

I just called shopblackberry and the guy told me that my order still has not been shipped yet. Even though my account has been charged.
    NOT been shipped yet even tho the card has been charged, it was stated on this forum by the CIO of Globalware that they were unable to charge for the goods until they were out of the door.

I would be livid if this situation is in fact for real.

12-09-11 03:09 PM
    NOT been shipped yet even tho the card has been charged, it was stated on this forum by the CIO of Globalware that they were unable to charge for the goods until they were out of the door.

I would be livid if this situation is in fact for real.

Ya I dont understand whats going on.

My bank account says I was charged on 12/7, but the man on the phone just told me it is still in the warehouse......

Update:

Yup just called again, and the guy says my processing is "complete" but the shipping is "delayed". Im starting to get really pissed. My friend ordered one 3 days after me, and he received his PB 2 days ago, yet mine is still in the warehouse.

and since they already charged me I cant cancel the order. Im F'in heated
    Last edited by BBPB199; 12-09-11 at 03:18 PM.
    12-09-11 03:13 PM
    I wish they could just give us vouchers, so we could go to our local store to pick one up for the sale price. I know it would never happen, but I wants my playbooks NOW lol
    12-09-11 03:17 PM
    Well I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring for some reference. Like many others I too purchased via a "Guest" account and only got a confirmation email (no tracking/shipping one). I did call though thanks to cogsinister's phone #, and found that it had shipped roughly 3 days after ordering on the 28th.

Problem of course is upon calling them about 5 business days later, they said there was no tracking info. available and simply told me to wait longer.

Here's some things of interest though: apparently my order was sent via USPS from the states even though I ordered via the Canada site. The only information they could give was a USPS "shipping confirmation number". Called up USPS to see if they could give me any more info, but they said that they couldn't.

So basically like many other's I'm in a bit of a waiting game. If it helps at all, perhaps the US -> Canada shipping might explain the extended length for some Canadian orders (unless you had it expedited, this was a free ground). Also not sure if you could dig any further into the USPS confirmation numbers.
    I'm sure you've already tried this, but for anyone else:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction

It shows some sample tracking/confirmation number formats, which might tell you if the number you've been given is useful.

In my experience, the tracking number is updated until the package hits a border, when it's usually turned over to another postal system. If the package originated from the U.S., you'll see where it went in the U.S. before reaching a sorting facility that would eventually send it across the border.
    12-09-11 03:24 PM
    Ya I dont understand whats going on.

My bank account says I was charged on 12/7, but the man on the phone just told me it is still in the warehouse......

Update:

Yup just called again, and the guy says my processing is "complete" but the shipping is "delayed". Im starting to get really pissed. My friend ordered one 3 days after me, and he received his PB 2 days ago, yet mine is still in the warehouse.

I think what they do is that they have to fill a huge UPS trailer with packages before UPS will ship it out, it seems to take about 5 days to fill the trailer, BUT they class it as shipped as soon as it is in the trailer in the back yard of Globalware towers.

But in fact until the trailer is full our orders it gos nowhere, but Globalwares system sees them as shipped.

That's what i reckon anyway
    12-09-11 03:36 PM
    This is the email I just sent to blackberry.

When I ordered my BlackBerry PlayBook, the site stated that I had to wait up to 7 days for my order to be shipped. 14 DAYS have passed and my order STILL has not been shipped.

I am aware that BlackBerry is complacent with being a second-rate, subpar tablet manufacturer, but this process has been absolutely ridiculous.

Your "customer service" representatives have been extremely rude and unhelpful in regard to my order. They provide me ZERO useful information and they don't even answer my simple questions, such as "Where is my product?"

I find it absurd that BlackBerry has the nerve to CHARGE my card for my order, yet it has not even been shipped out yet!

When calling up 18669570761, it says that due to the high volume of calls, that I should use email instead. That number HANGS UP on me before I even get to talk to a representative.

This is the 10th email I have sent, and I still have not received a reply.

My order number is: SBBXXXXXXXXXX. If you could provide any information to me, then please do. But DO NOT send me any automated replies.
    12-09-11 03:36 PM
    Wait... so people have been receiving them... You really made it sound like your situation was norm and that the problem was systemic.

As some other people have suggested to you directly: you can always refuse shipment and return to sender. Of course, that means you won't necessarily get the sale price or get a Playbook immediately due to current low inventory.

Maybe the best course of action is to wait a few days. Let's see... charged 12/7... say shipped today via USPS ground from the East Coast... five days transit since it's not Priority Mail... 12/14 or sooner arrival (given that your friend received his already and his "purchase to delivery" time was 8 business days, 10 days total wait)...
    12-09-11 03:43 PM
    Wait... so people have been receiving them... You really made it sound like your situation was norm and that the problem was systemic.

As some other people have suggested to you directly: you can always refuse shipment and return to sender. Of course, that means you won't necessarily get the sale price or get a Playbook immediately due to current low inventory.

Maybe the best course of action is to wait a few days. Let's see... charged 12/7... say shipped today via USPS ground from the East Coast... five days transit since it's not Priority Mail... 12/14 or sooner arrival (given that your friend received his already and his "purchase to delivery" time was 8 business days, 10 days total wait)...

As some other people have suggested to you directly:

I would suggest you learn some reading comprehension as no one has suggested to me directly to refuse shipment.

I will just wait untill 12/14. Thats the final day I will wait.
    12-09-11 03:51 PM
    When I ordered my BlackBerry PlayBook, the site stated that I had to wait up to 7 days for my order to be shipped. 14 DAYS have passed and my order STILL has not been shipped.
    7 days to ship means it will take them up to 7 days before they can get the box in the mail... then there's the shipping time, 1 to 15 days depending USPS shipping method (if it's free, it'll be the longer wait).

Also, when a business talks about "days", they refer to business days. Of the 14 days you've waited, 10 of them, including today, are business days. Since you said they charged you on 12/7, that means it took them 8 business days to process your order, one day past their promise.
    12-09-11 03:55 PM
    7 days to ship means it will take them up to 7 days before they can get the box in the mail... then there's the shipping time, 1 to 15 days depending USPS shipping method (if it's free, it'll be the longer wait).

Also, when a business talks about "days", they refer to business days. Of the 14 days you've waited, 10 of them, including today, are business days. Since you said they charged you on 12/7, that means it took them 8 business days to process your order, one day past their promise.
    Has it been more than 7 days? Yes
    Has it been shipped yet? No
    Has it been 11 BUSINESS days since my order? Yes
    Has it been shipped yet? No
    12-09-11 03:59 PM
    As some other people have suggested to you directly:

I would suggest you learn some reading comprehension as no one has suggested to me directly to refuse shipment.
    Message #27 of this thread from Megacharge.

I will just wait untill 12/14. Thats the final day I will wait.
    I hope you get it sooner.
    12-09-11 04:03 PM
    Looks like one of my fellow Pennsylvanians file a class action suit against RIM and Globalware. Looks like we all might be getting what we paid for... a Playbook!

See the Class Action Complaint filed against RIM and Globalware on December 2

http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/1...chinMotion.pdf
    Last edited by Willard814; 12-09-11 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Broken Link
    12-09-11 04:06 PM
    Message #27 of this thread from Megacharge.

I hope you get it sooner.
    Thanks I appreciate it
    12-09-11 04:07 PM
    Looks like one of my fellow Pennsylvanians file a class action suit against RIM and Globalware. Looks like we all might be getting what we paid for... a Playbook!

See the Class Action Complaint filed against RIM and Globalware on December 2

tp://www.courthousenews.com/2011/12/...03;nMotion.pdf
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link doesnt work.
    12-09-11 04:08 PM
    Link doesnt work.
    PITTSBURGH - A class action claims that Research in Motion and Globalware Solutions advertised a BlackBerry PlayBook for $199 through the shopblackberry.com website, but rejected orders and tried to sell tablet computer for a higher price.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 04:41 PM
    Link doesnt work.
    It's fixed!
    12-09-11 04:50 PM
    It's fixed!
    My posts ( among others ) in this the forum appear as an exhibit !!!!!!
    12-09-11 05:05 PM
    I'm sure you've already tried this, but for anyone else:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction

It shows some sample tracking/confirmation number formats, which might tell you if the number you've been given is useful.

In my experience, the tracking number is updated until the package hits a border, when it's usually turned over to another postal system. If the package originated from the U.S., you'll see where it went in the U.S. before reaching a sorting facility that would eventually send it across the border.
    Well the code they gave me was a 'shipping confirmation number' which apparently doesn't count as any of those valid ways of tracking or even as a receipt. From what they told me it was just confirmation on USPS' end that they confirmed taking in the item for delivery.

Helpful details nonetheless though--I hope things turn out alright. Given all the stress others have been experiencing, it'd be great if that recently quoted lawsuit 'motivated' them more.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 10:40 PM
    I ordered mine on Black Friday (11/25), just got it Thursday, 12/9. All I got was an email saying the order was placed and it will take longer to ship, blah blah blah. That was about two business days later. No email at all about it being shipped.

But it showed up! Have faith, perhaps! 7-10 business days. It was a treacherous wait.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 11:51 PM
    - ordered a 32GB playbook from ShopBlackberry (SBB) Canada on morning of Tues Nov 29th
    - received e-mail confirmation right away on same day at 9:31 am
    - no other communication from SBB since, not even e-mail to say there will be a delay
    - called their Customer Service on Monday Dec 5th and was told that order should ship by next day (total BS)
    - order Status finally changed today, Fri Dec 9th, from "inventory hold" to "printed"

Except what the heck does that mean ??? That they printed the mailing label? It would have been helpful if the SBB web site had an explanation for what their various order statuses mean. I looked but was not able to find one.

It's been 9 business days and counting.

Can anyone illuminate what "printed" means?
    12-10-11 12:53 AM
    Placed my order on 11/24 at night, saw it ship early this week about 7 business days as posted, today 12/9 I received my Playbook. Have patients they promise all orders will be filled, if all other retailers sold out in such short time I can only imagine the surge of orders for a week long guarantee sale. I do love my PB though amazing what it can do such as SouthPark or Chatroulette lol.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-10-11 01:05 AM
    I told shopblackberry to cancel my order, (already bought one locally) they ended up taking the money out of my credit card again and shipped the PB that I had canceled to me. Now I have to wait for it to get here, refuse it, and god knows when I'll get refunded from them. Is it possible to do a charge back in this situation?
    12-10-11 02:10 AM
460 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD