Fellow Betrayed Blackberry Users,

Ordered the Playbook at the sale price on Black Friday...received an email that my order has been cancelled due to being a "high risk transaction" on the 29th. Here we are the 7th of December, and no refund has been received. Dont get me started on customer service, I've been calling since the day of cancellation, and I've yet to get someone on the phone! I've sent several emails; no response. WTF is this? Is this a joke? You cancel my order, but dont issue a refund? I spoke to my card carrier, the refund can only be placed by the merchant. So at this point, I paid $200 for no product and a headache...hah!

On a personal note, Im one of those devoted blackberry users, love the product cus it suites my needs and interest. But by golly, its as a evident as daylight that your loosing market share, steadily, and this is the treatment your customers get? I dont care if a third party co. (Global Ware) is responsible, your leaving a really bad taste in my mouth! Apple and Android will undoubtedly capitalize from this nightmare you have caused your customers. Shameful!

If at the very least I was able to get in touch with Customer Service, perhaps I wouldnt be as animated; but I feel as if you stole my money and I have NO recourse!
    BluesHarp9 likes this.
    12-07-11 01:33 PM

Ordered the Playbook at the sale price on Black Friday...received an email that my order has been cancelled due to being a "high risk transaction" on the 29th. Here we are the 7th of December, and no refund has been received. Dont get me started on customer service, I've been calling since the day of cancellation, and I've yet to get someone on the phone! I've sent several emails; no response. WTF is this? Is this a joke? You cancel my order, but dont issue a refund? I spoke to my card carrier, the refund can only be placed by the merchant. So at this point, I paid $200 for no product and a headache...hah!

On a personal note, Im one of those devoted blackberry users, love the product cus it suites my needs and interest. But by golly, its as a evident as daylight that your loosing market share, steadily, and this is the treatment your customers get? I dont care if a third party co. (Global Ware) is responsible, your leaving a really bad taste in my mouth! Apple and Android will undoubtedly capitalize from this nightmare you have caused your customers. Shameful!

If at the very least I was able to get in touch with Customer Service, perhaps I wouldnt be as animated; but I feel as if you stole my money and I have NO recourse!
    Submit a form here: GlobalWare Solutions | Contact Globalware Solutions

They will most likely ship your playbook out asap over night for you. Just make sure you explain situation with your original confirmation number.
    12-07-11 01:48 PM
    I was hesitant to order a playbook, but decided to take a chance. Ordered on the 29 of november. On the 2nd of December I got an email stating that my order was cancelled and asking to forward my contact info because of a technical glitch with my previous order. So I forwarded my contact info as requested. Now December 7th, no one has contacted me, and the order is still marked cancelled. I think my initial hesitation has actually now turned to relief at not recieving the tablet. If a company can't even handle the logistic of an online order what does that say about them and the products they likely will put out.
    Major Fail RIM...(global ware is not scoring any points either).
    12-07-11 01:55 PM

Try this number 1-888-805-6789, it will get you thru fast.

I find it hard to believe they cancelled your order and still charged you for the item, they say they can't charge a card until an item is shipped.

I guess if this has happened then its another example of appalling practices and lack of customer services from Globalware.

They say they have refunded my express shipping ( $49 ) but i have yet to see the refund come thru, but from what i can see a refund can take anything from 3 to 14 days to appear.
    12-07-11 02:09 PM
    Update:

I checked check my bank account and BlackBerry just charged me for my playbook. I guess that means they just sent it?? No clue. I havent received an email about shipping so I am just guessing.

Ill wait untill next Wednesday and if i hasnt arrived them I will definitely be making some more angry phone calls.

This process has been absurd, and I am glad that RIM is losing money with every playbook purchase. I bought mine for 189 and I heard that the PB's cost RIM about 220 dollars to make.

They dont deserve to be making a profit after the way they treat their customers. I will not be ordering anymore BlackBerry products, especially any accessories for my PB (If I actually receive it).

Worst. Buying. Experience. Ever.
    12-07-11 04:39 PM
    You guys are gonna love this..

Finally got through to an associate and was given an actual tracking number for our shipment! We did a nerdy high-five, did a little happy dance and eagerly began to track our package. We quickly noticed that our package appeared to be moving in the wrong direction accross the US.

Question of the day..Were we really given a random person's tracking number to get us off their backs or was it an honest mix up? Hmmm...
    12-07-11 07:28 PM
    You guys are gonna love this..

Finally got through to an associate and was given an actual tracking number for our shipment! We did a nerdy high-five, did a little happy dance and eagerly began to track our package. We quickly noticed that our package appeared to be moving in the wrong direction accross the US.

Question of the day..Were we really given a random person's tracking number to get us off their backs or was it an honest mix up? Hmmm...
    What format was the working tracking number in ?

Sometimes deliveries do take strange routes to get to you, i would not worry too much.......yet.
    12-07-11 08:12 PM
    After further investigation, we have determined that the zipcode associated with this tracking number is in South Dakota...and that's a problem seeing that we are in North Carolina.

I'm going to call UPS Innovations tomorrow and see if they can give me a little more info on this tracking number. Since we ordered on the 28th, and there are people here who have ordered several days before me and still have no word on their BB...I don't think this number is going to turn out legit.

I truly hope that this is not yet another delay tactic..if it is..it's lying and has to be crossing some sort of legal line.
    12-07-11 10:48 PM
    Submit a form here: GlobalWare Solutions | Contact Globalware Solutions

They will most likely ship your playbook out asap over night for you. Just make sure you explain situation with your original confirmation number.
    You are plagerizing my information
    12-07-11 10:55 PM

RIM = ripoff in motion
    12-07-11 11:28 PM
    Update:

I checked check my bank account and BlackBerry just charged me for my playbook. I guess that means they just sent it?? No clue. I havent received an email about shipping so I am just guessing.

Ill wait untill next Wednesday and if i hasnt arrived them I will definitely be making some more angry phone calls.

This process has been absurd, and I am glad that RIM is losing money with every playbook purchase. I bought mine for 189 and I heard that the PB's cost RIM about 220 dollars to make.

They dont deserve to be making a profit after the way they treat their customers. I will not be ordering anymore BlackBerry products, especially any accessories for my PB (If I actually receive it).

perhaps that's why the service sucks, they hired globalware for cheap to cut costs... i wouldnt have minded paying say 50 bucks more for a better service
    12-07-11 11:36 PM
    Update:

haha i've been following this thread of a couple days and I am just as frustrated as you guys. I ordered my playbook on the 28th, and jus checked my bank account also and got charged for the playbook as well. But have yet to recieve an email. Hopefully it will ship and not get cancelled like some other people's orders.
    12-08-11 02:25 AM
    For those that have receicved their PBs from GlobalWhore, (especially those in Canada) did you have to pay anything at the door. Any duty or extra fees?

Thanks.
    12-08-11 07:12 AM
    For those that have receicved their PBs from GlobalWhore, (especially those in Canada) did you have to pay anything at the door. Any duty or extra fees?

Thanks.
    That would be the end, shipments like this are ment to be cleared of tax, i bought it from a Canadian website not a US one, i clicked on CANADA, so i don't expect to pay duty on any order.

Very few Canadians have been on here saying they have gotten there orders, i remember one the other day in Toronto and that person did not mention any duty payable at the door.
    12-08-11 07:16 AM
    I ordered a 16GB Playbook on 12/3/11 from store.shopblackberry.com. The order status changed this morning to "shipped".

Will update if/when I get it.
    12-08-11 07:37 AM
    I ordered a 16GB Playbook on 12/3/11 from store.shopblackberry.com. The order status changed this morning to "shipped".

Will update if/when I get it.
    You are in the US so you will probably get it within 24 hours, us in Canada in the meantime will be lucky if we get our PB's before Christmas.
    12-08-11 07:49 AM

Thanks.
    When I ordered they collected tax on the invoice, but it looks like it was only 7.5%, which I assume is GST only. Mine have not arrived yet in Canada
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-08-11 at 08:09 AM.
    12-08-11 08:05 AM
    When I ordered they collected tax on the invoice, but it looks like it was only 7.5%, which I assume is GST only. Mine have not arrived yet in Canada
    This was my order total to Canada.

tems In Cart:
    Subtotal:
    $199.00
    Tax(es):
    $25.87
    Shipping:
    $49.18
    Order Total:
    $274.05
    12-08-11 08:21 AM
    I'm still waiting on 2 from GlobalWare. I called them yesterday for an update and to say I didn't receive any email. They said the one shipped on Dec 2nd, and he gave me a tracking number which doesn't seem to work with Canada Post or any other shipping I tried. So I can only hope it arrives soon.
    The 2nd playbook I ordered will ship soon apparently, and he claimed he had sent me an email with info on that one while we were on the phone, but I never received one.
    12-08-11 08:21 AM
    Since the 1st of December i have been in conversation by email with Chris Caouette the VP of business development for Globalware (i contacted him via the contact box on Globalwares website )

And i just asked him to refund my whole remaining money.

Lets see what comes of this.

After 23 emails to and fro between us he seems to have gone "quiet" now......
    12-08-11 09:14 AM

I don't know who you talked to at your credit card company but they didn't give you a proper answer. A "refund" comes from the merchant but a chargeback is not initiated from the vendor side. If you haven't received goods you should be asking for the latter.

We could get into several federal laws being violated here, but that shouldn't be necessary. I'd call them again if your primary intent is the refund.

If you're still looking to receive the product, then that's a different story.
    12-08-11 09:31 AM
    What a HORRIBLE customer experience...

Nov 28/11 - Placed my order
    Nov 29/11 - Got an email titled Shipment Update ... going to take 5-6 days longer
    Nov 29/11 - Order goes into "Inventory Hold" status
    Dec 5/11 - Called due to still "Inventory Hold" ... told it is in shipping waiting to go out status should show shipped today or first thing tommorrow
    Dec 6/11 - Called due to no status change ... told not in shipping, but passed all "fraud checks" and on its way to shipping and will take another day or two to go out
    Dec 7/11 - Called due to no status change ... and I was curious ... told it was at shipping and should be going out "shortly"
    Dec 7/11 - A few hours later ... Status changed to CANCELLED ???? - Called them and was told nothing wrong with order and that they will re-instate it and ship it right away
    Dec 8/11 - Cancelled AGAIN ... called and had re-instated
    Dec 8/11 - 1 hour later ... Cancelled AGAIN ... called and they are having a supervisor look into it

Customer service ... HORRIBLE, BlackBerry product in general ... 2 YEARS BEHIND THE COMPETITION, RIM's choice of business partners ... ATTROCIOUS

RIM = RIP

I wouldn't bother with the devices if my company did not require them! And a good friend works for their head office ... and none of the people there like the company or the crap they are causing ... ALL HAIL SAMSUNG AND APPLE!
    12-08-11 11:19 AM
    You are in the US so you will probably get it within 24 hours,
    Only if that were true. Mine was marked shipped on the 29th and I'm still waiting for delivery south of the Canadian border.
    12-08-11 11:42 AM
    It seems no one is happy with ShopBB. I've never had problems like this ordering anything before ever. I'm lucky I was able to get a playbook for myself, but the 2 I ordered from them are for other people.
    Hopefully they shape up, or RIM hires another company to handle their online shop.
    12-08-11 11:56 AM
    You are in the US so you will probably get it within 24 hours, us in Canada in the meantime will be lucky if we get our PB's before Christmas.
    not true, i'm in the US, washington dc, and i've been waiting since the 25th, and still nothing/
    12-08-11 12:49 PM
460 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD