Blackberry has told me to wait an additional 5-7 days, THREE times already.

A customer service rep. told me that my playbook was in the "Shipping" process that started on Thursday. I asked him what the "Shipping" process was and how long will it last untill it is shipped, and he had no clue.

Shopblackberry has some of the most uneducated customer service representatives I have ever spoken with. They all sound like trained dummys who just read off of a notecard in front of them.
    They only have 3 different responses:
    "It should be shipped soon"
    "I dont know"
    "You will receive an email when it is shipped"

They will answer with these responses regardless of the question asked.

And their emailing service has the same 3 responses that have been posted on this thread already.

Regardless of whether this purchase even gets completed, I will NEVER order from shopblackberry again.
    12-05-11 06:54 PM
    Well I ordered mine on Saturday Nov 26/11. Received email with order confirmation a few seconds later. Received another email on Monday Nov 28 saying that due to high volume of orders the shipment may be delayed 5-7 days. On 29th or 30th I checked my account and it changed from "inventory hold" to "shipped". I called the number posted on this forum and talked to the rep. I asked her to confirm that the BP was shipped and to give me a tracking #. She said it was shipped but she doesn't know when and she couldn't find the tracking # in their system. After a minute or two she says " OK, I can see it now " so I said, can you email it to me. So I ended the phone call and checked my email. What do I see? It's an order confirmation that I received right after I placed the order not shipping tracking #.
    This morning I checked my credit card and it wasn't even charged. I called my CC company and there is not even anything being on hold for that amount. I am really confused. It was shipped but the CC wasn't charge?
    12-05-11 07:32 PM
    Just got done sending my daily "where's my stuff" email to Globalware. I've pretty much given up on ever getting any products from them. I'm finding writing to them pretty good therapy, and it gives me a chance to give my sarcastic side a pretty decent workout.

If only I could find the email addresses of some of the senior management people - they may well just be clever enough to locate the Reply button.
    12-05-11 08:16 PM
    Well I ordered mine on Saturday Nov 26/11. Received email with order confirmation a few seconds later. Received another email on Monday Nov 28 saying that due to high volume of orders the shipment may be delayed 5-7 days. On 29th or 30th I checked my account and it changed from "inventory hold" to "shipped". I called the number posted on this forum and talked to the rep. I asked her to confirm that the BP was shipped and to give me a tracking #. She said it was shipped but she doesn't know when and she couldn't find the tracking # in their system. After a minute or two she says " OK, I can see it now " so I said, can you email it to me. So I ended the phone call and checked my email. What do I see? It's an order confirmation that I received right after I placed the order not shipping tracking #.
    This morning I checked my credit card and it wasn't even charged. I called my CC company and there is not even anything being on hold for that amount. I am really confused. It was shipped but the CC wasn't charge?
    Same thing happened to me last week. The man said that he had shipping information that he would send to my email, and all he did was resend the confirmation email I received earlier.
    12-05-11 09:45 PM
    The same thing happened to me, lucky us, well first lets see if we get it.
    12-05-11 10:49 PM
    Well after a few calls, they now went from order "shipped" on 12/3 to order "complete" as of last night, yet still tell me it could take 5 to 7 business days. Mind you, I had placed my order on 11/24 and got the order reciept and the two shipping delay emails. I just want a tracking number, and I can be done with this company forever.
    12-06-11 09:09 AM
    I just wanted to touch base here. After reading several of your comments and horror stories about globeware solution, I want to share my experience.

I ordered my 16gb on november 24. Received an email on the 28th stating there's going to be a shipping delay yadda yadda. On december 1st, I went online to check the status of my order which went from "received" to "shipped".

Well , this morning , my sister just called to let me know that they just dropped off my tablet .

Can't wait to go home from work!

Toronto,Ontario.
    12-06-11 10:16 AM
    they are good when they are on the ball but with this PB purchase it's a disaster. Now my order is not even listed on my account anymore. going to call them the last time and gonna have to b*tch at them.
    12-06-11 10:46 AM
    Fantastic news canbb! We actually ordered our BB on the 28th, so we are a few days behind you. *fingers crossed here*

Here's how it went for us so far :
    Nov 28th - ordered online/ bank account was charged
    Nov 28th - recieved order confirmation email
    Nov 29th -recieved shipment update email (said it may 5 to 6 days to ship due to high volume and to look for a shipping confirmation email)
    Dec 2nd- order status went from "recieved" to "shipped" *no shipping confirmation email to date*
    Dec 2nd - noticed that the charge disappeard off of our bank acct.
    Ded 3rd - talked to sales rep..tried to cancel order..told that they couldn't because it was "shipped" Told that the amount should be charged by Monday
    Dec 6th- Still no charge to the bank and no change in status on my order

Soooo...we were just concerned when the payment disappeared off of our bank statement after 3 or 4 days of being there. We were told by the bank that it was because the merchant failed to send a reciept within the 3 day limit that the bank requires...so the bank (not the merchant) removed the charge.

I'm betting that when the purchase is actually filled on shopblackberry.com's end..we will see the purchase amount show up again.

My take on it is this. I understand delays due to high volume of sales and the time of year it is..I even understand to a certain degree that they are hard to reach because of the same reason. My problem is the evasivness of some of their tactics. The fact that they mark items as being "shipped" when that couldn't possibly be true yet. When after being on hold for an hour and a half, I finally reached a sale rep to cancel my order (because I was afraid that it wouldn't be here in time for Christmas for my son) they refused to cancel the order because it was in fact marked as "shipped". They basically have six months before I can dispute any charges made to my bank account, once it has finally been charged that is, and untill then we are stuck. There could possibly be no merchandise before Christmas, and my order remains eternally marked as "shipped". I have to give it to them..it's a win/win for shopblackberry.com as long as they EVENTUALLY fill the order.

I do believe that we will recieve the tablet, but it's how much time it takes to get here that will be the deciding factor for me. At any rate, I've learned my lesson here..stick with retailers that I trust, and/or retailers that garauntee to send items by a certain date. This is partially our fault for jumping without looking I suppose.

Good luck to everyone out there in the same boat we are in..and keep everyone updated on when or if you recieve your tablets!
    12-06-11 11:08 AM
    My order is "shipped" and they even linked me to a non working tracking number.

But i just called my mom in law ( whose credit card the PB was ordered on ) and her card has NOT been charged.

What gives ?
    12-06-11 11:31 AM
    Well I called BB yesterday about my order, and he said it was shipped.... Today I call for S & G.... Well the guy I talk to today says "Well it looks like your order is about to go out today." WTF? Today? Really? I told him that its been past the 5-7 handling time... He says "It shows your order was proccessed on 11/30." But my order was placed on 11/25. Whatever... this is the last BB product I buy...

To all the people saying this is Globalwares fault well no it isn't!!! Blackberry pays them to handle THEIR website, and shipout THEIR product. Blackberry needs to get rid of them and find a new company to handle their website, because its giving them a bad rep. Its just like when car companys use other companys products to build their cars. If you use their product, and something goes wrong. The car company gets the blame for it... ex. GM and Firestone, Ford and their airbag supplier...
    12-06-11 01:01 PM
    I just wanted to touch base here. After reading several of your comments and horror stories about globeware solution, I want to share my experience.

I ordered my 16gb on november 24. Received an email on the 28th stating there's going to be a shipping delay yadda yadda. On december 1st, I went online to check the status of my order which went from "received" to "shipped".

Well , this morning , my sister just called to let me know that they just dropped off my tablet .

Toronto,Ontario.
    Really? Same with me, I ordered mine on the morning of the 24th and they didn't charge my card yet, but my status changed to SHIPPED on Dec 2nd. It's still SHIPPED. How annoying! I'm in Toronto too, so I don't get why the bloody heck I don't have my crap yet...
    12-06-11 04:54 PM

Toronto,Ontario.
    Let us know what carrier they used to get it to you in Canada, and did you choose the free shipping ?
    12-06-11 04:59 PM
    Just got off the phone with customer service.. called cause i wanted to cancel the 2 extra charging pods i placed. They told me he wasn't able to change it cause its preparing to be shipped. He told me worst case, it's out the warehouse by Friday for sure. Im in Toronto, selected free shipping and i still have a "received" on my order status.
    12-06-11 05:10 PM
    Just got off the phone with customer service.. called cause i wanted to cancel the 2 extra charging pods i placed. They told me he wasn't able to change it cause its preparing to be shipped. He told me worst case, it's out the warehouse by Friday for sure. Im in Toronto, selected free shipping and i still have a "received" on my order status.
    That's BS, if its still in there wherehouse and not out of the door then i can't see why you can't cancel the order !!
    12-06-11 05:15 PM
    That's BS, if its still in there wherehouse and not out of the door then i can't see why you can't cancel the order !!

my guess is they took the time to package and organize multiple orders at once (5-6 day delay) to make the shipping process easier for them...then request for "pickup" ???

on another note, future shop did the same when i ordered something else from them. They refuse to process the cancellation and asked me to return it to their store. crazy thing is
    i placed it late at night and they claimed it already was sent later that afternoon ... when in fact, today i got a confirmation email saying that its on it way blah blah blah...

hummm...
    12-06-11 05:53 PM
    my guess is they took the time to package and organize multiple orders at once (5-6 day delay) to make the shipping process easier for them...then request for "pickup" ???
    This makes sense, they seem to be using UPS's "Mail Innovations " system to ship stuff now, and that is a large volume mail system, so they would have to let a huge amount of orders pile up before they could be picked up by UPS for that service.

And yesterday seems to have been the big pickup day.........
    12-06-11 05:58 PM
    YES, finally shipped since I used the secret email and they shipped it out immediately for fedex overnight delivery. You might say this made it a slickdeal because I got free overnight shipping which is a $31 value according to Fedex. So subtract those saving of ~$60 (over B&M shoppers) from my $3,000,000 in wasted time and emotional stress I got a really bad deal.

BTW I ordered on the 24th with $10 coupon and free shipping.

PM for the method.
    Last edited by lebob23; 12-06-11 at 06:18 PM.
    12-06-11 06:09 PM
    ...AND another day goes by, and I still havent received my order yet.

I called up shopblackberry earlier and they told me for the 4th straight day that my order was "in shipping" and they still could not describe to me what "in shipping" means.

Day 11 is complete, and I still have no clue what the real status of my order is.
    12-06-11 06:35 PM
    If you believe people when they tell you it cannot be canceled inspite of it never leaving the warehouse then just call the credit card company and have the charge reversed. Then see if they are still unable to keep it from shipping out.
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-06-11 08:14 PM
    You are not alone...GlobalWare is the company engaged in product Non-fulfillment and customer No-service, and even though they share a website and corporate logo with Blackberry/RIM, the latter distanced themselves from GW when things went FUBAR on Black Friday by replying to complaints with "Not our problem: You bought from a third party vendor." Information has been spotty, conflicting and inconsistent, if not non-existent. Not even a few honeyed lines of ***-covering corporate-speak nonsense, but I suppose that is actually a rare blessing. I have no idea why I still am attempting to obtain this device after this circus of incompetence, but at this point, I guess it is a sort of macabre lottery. One hopes the product is better than the rather frightening attempts to NOT sell it to you. Black Friday, indeed.
    12-06-11 08:46 PM
    You are not alone...GlobalWare is the company engaged in product Non-fulfillment and customer No-service, and even though they share a website and corporate logo with Blackberry/RIM, the latter distanced themselves from GW when things went FUBAR on Black Friday by replying to complaints with "Not our problem: You bought from a third party vendor." Information has been spotty, conflicting and inconsistent, if not non-existent. Not even a few honeyed lines of ***-covering corporate-speak nonsense, but I suppose that is actually a rare blessing. I have no idea why I still am attempting to obtain this device after this circus of incompetence, but at this point, I guess it is a sort of macabre lottery. One hopes the product is better than the rather frightening attempts to NOT sell it to you. Black Friday, indeed.
    Very well put, sums it all up in a nutshell......
    Willard814 and BluesHarp9 like this.
    12-06-11 08:53 PM
    For the record: I ordered mine at 2:30pm EST on the 25th. Received no emails from them other than the original order confirmation. My Playbook arrived today via USPS. I didn't get any shipping confirmation or tracking info from RIM/GlobalWare, either. I assume others will receive theirs early this week. Best of luck everyone. Now it's time to play...er, work.

By the way, I'm US-based. Maryland, to be exact.
    i ordered at 1 pm on the 25th, and I'm based in DC, not that far from you, and still waiting... did you select free shipping with yours?
    12-06-11 09:33 PM
    Sometimes there may be charges for cancellation a coupon or something like that.

cobone
    Last edited by markshah2; 12-07-11 at 05:25 AM.
    12-06-11 09:33 PM
    If you believe people when they tell you it cannot be canceled inspite of it never leaving the warehouse then just call the credit card company and have the charge reversed. Then see if they are still unable to keep it from shipping out.
    Its not a big deal to me at the moment. I decided not to fuss about it.. im sure it will help productivity and avoid delays for everyone if everything was already packaged.

I did tell the guy im not paying for the shipping charges and he noted that on my account.
    12-07-11 07:55 AM
460 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD