I don't know if they canceled it yet, I just sent an email to both [email protected] and [email protected] and sent them both the same message, that no one answers the phones and to cancel my order immediately or I'll do a charge back. My order shows as it's not shipped yet, it's just "received" so it's no problem anyways. If it has already shipped then it's their fault for not answering their phone or properly updating their order statuses.
    Oh ok. Ya I have sent around 5 emails to both of those addresses and I have yet to receive a reply. Ridiculous. Maybe its good for me though, I dont absolutely NEED a tablet. I just thought it would be cool to have one. I think ill just cancel and save myself a couple hundred bucks....still disappointing though...
    11-30-11 09:47 PM
    Oh ok. Ya I have sent around 5 emails to both of those addresses and I have yet to receive a reply. Ridiculous. Maybe its good for me though, I dont absolutely NEED a tablet. I just thought it would be cool to have one. I think ill just cancel and save myself a couple hundred bucks....still disappointing though...
    If you decide to buy a Playbook at a store near you and the one from shopblackberry shows up at your door, just refuse it, it'll get sent back to them and if they don't refund you within a couple days of that, call your CC company and tell them whats up and that you want a charge back to recoup your funds.
    11-30-11 09:50 PM
    I was having so many issues with shop blackberry i emailed them and called them only to receive no answer. I ended up calling my credit card company adn told them to reject teh orders and then proceeded to order one from radioshack in store. Should have done that from the get go.
    11-30-11 10:07 PM
    okay, so after almost 2 hours on the phone, 90 of which were on hold trying to get a rep on the line. I got a hold of a rep, and after I gave her my order# and stated my concerns about the cancellations. Prior to that I had talked to my bank and they informed me that the money for the transaction was in a "pending" status (much like others that have posted). I was then told my my bank rep that if the order is not authorized by the vendor (SBB) by tonight, that the pending status would get cancelled and the funds (which are still in my account) would then be freed up. I explained to the SBB rep that I was afraid that my order would then get completely cancelled like many others have been notified, and I would lose out on the sale if I didn't find it anywhere else. that's when she notified me that the unit I was ordering (the 64G) is now on backorder! I was pretty frustrated, because I had not been notified that it was on backorder let alone when I should expect any new stock to come in... After the run around, the rep said she would call me in 24hours to give me an idea off when to expect my PB, because with the free shipping, and then the email about the additional delay it was looking like at least 2 weeks before I should expect my PB. I told her if I did not hear from her in 36 hours (benefit of doubt), by friday afternoon, I would be cancelling my order.

Now with all that said and done. I am going to cancel my order with SBB, because I talked to my bank again tonight, and they said they could only put a complete stop to the pending transaction if I changed my bank card I used to pay with. But with the order not being fufilled by tonight, it was going to cancel out by my bank anyway. I went ahead and ordered from Staples... a few dollars more in the long run, but my confirmation email from Staples also included a delivery date of 12/06/11!

Yet another corporation that has lost out on my hard earned $$! Sadly this time around it was supposed to go directly to the manufacturer!
    Last edited by Serkle K; 11-30-11 at 10:41 PM.
    11-30-11 10:37 PM
    I sure hope people will stop calling SBB so those reps can get off the phone and get back to packing and shipping my PB.
    Serkle K likes this.
    11-30-11 10:49 PM
    i called shopbb about two days ago saying that i wanted to cancel my order which was on inventory hold. today i called to double check to see if my order was cancelled and it wasn't it got shipped t.What can i do now, should i refuse the delivery?
    Last edited by nero25; 12-01-11 at 05:50 PM.
    12-01-11 05:41 PM
    Just wait till y'all need customer support! That's when the real nightmares begin.
    12-01-11 06:22 PM
    I've been trying to cancel my order with the, but got no response via email, and don't get me started on their phone. I either hear no sound or a busy signal...for a multi-million dollar company I at least expect some kind of automated messaging system.

Worst customer service/support I have ever seen in my entire life. They're pretty consumer unfriendly.
    Spinalguy likes this.
    12-01-11 06:26 PM
    i called shopbb about two days ago saying that i wanted to cancel my order which was on inventory hold. today i called to double check to see if my order was cancelled and it wasn't it got shipped t.What can i do now, should i refuse the delivery?
    You should probably just accept the delivery and avoid further aggravation in the return and refund process.
    12-01-11 06:36 PM
    I've been trying to cancel my order with the, but got no response via email, and don't get me started on their phone. I either hear no sound or a busy signal...for a multi-million dollar company I at least expect some kind of automated messaging system.

Worst customer service/support I have ever seen in my entire life. They're pretty consumer unfriendly.
    1-888-805-6789, that number is much better then the original one offered on their site. he picked up the phone in about 30 seconds and answered my questions for me.
    12-01-11 07:03 PM
    Thank you Tman1988 a great tip on phone # 1-888-805-6789
    I just got off the line with a very nice fellow, Andre, he helped me cancel my Pb 32gb at ($399) and helped me order a new Pb 32gb at $299. I saved $100+ of course that will help with the $399 Pb 64gb I ordered on line at Staples and am picking up tomorrow. Of course now with all the angst and craziness I'll have two Playbooks, I guess someone in my family or my GF will get the extra.
    I'm new here and would like to thank all for their help, input, etc., hey at least we have a place to vent, compliment, laugh and cry. Thanks everyone
    12-01-11 08:38 PM
    question if i do refuse the delivery, do i need to call call shopbb before to tell them that i am going to refuse the package?

also what company does shopbb use to ship?
    12-01-11 09:05 PM
    So ticked off at these SBB people!! I was told Wednesday night that my order was on "Back Order" and they weren't getting another shipment for 2-3 business days... Thought about it over night and ordered one from Staples. Called first think Thursday morning, to cancel my order and the rep tells me its supposed to ship "tomorrow" meaning Friday (today). So I told her I still want to cancel it because I'm being told many different things without being notified of my order status via email, and not being given a straight answer after the 90+ minutes I sit on hold with them. She tells me, "it takes 24 hours for a cancellation request to process" so I still go ahead with it, and verify its in the cancelation queue. I finally get home from work last night and check my order status and it says it's SHIPPED! Really?! Are you kidding me?! From backordered to shipped in 24 hours when its supposed to be on backorder for another 2-3 business days?!

So then I called them right away and after another 2 HOURS! On hold, I finally get a hold of someone and he tells me its out of their hands now because its shipped, and all they can do is suggest I refuse the package or send it back un opened, and as soon as they get it, they'll refund my $$!!

After talking to my bank, they tell me since the transaction was pre-approved but not yet taken - and since its been a week since they pre-approved it, it fell off the record - the vendor (SBB) has up to 6 MONTHS to take the money!! And according to SBB, since the order is "shipped" they can now charge me for the order, but they can't stop the package in route?! Really? Who are they using for their deliveries?! ACME shipping company?! This is redicules!

So now I have to wait 5-7 business days to get it, just to refuse it, and then another 5-7 days for it to be received by SBB, and then another 5-7 days for the return to process and a few more days for them to return the funds to my bank! This is all in business days, so we're looking at about a month before I get my refund!!

This is not right, and these people need to learn how to better communicate! They say their calls are monitored/recorded for training purposes... That's as likely as getting a straight answer from their CSRs... >_<

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-11 05:54 AM
    I ordered a BlackBerry PlayBook from ShopBlackberry.com on 11/25.

I received a confirmation email a few hours later, but on 11/27 I check my bank account right after the order and the money for the playbook was taken out by blackberry, but i check the next day and the money was refunded back to my account.
    Hello All,
    Just wanted to jump in here and give my .02 worth. In most cases when you order on line you will see a "pending transaction" on your card, then when it is determined that the item will ship then the transaction is completed and becomes and actual charge... It could take 7-10 business days for this transaction to complete and ship. Depending on what carrier they use (FedEx, UPS, USPS or DXL) and what type of transportation IE Ground, 2 day Air or Next Day Air and what warehouse it ships from... will determine when you get your pride and joy PB. It's all just logistics... :-) If you took the free shipping like I did, then it probably placed on a 1962 VW Van and it may take a while longer... I don't think that a PB would ship on a weekend. Hang in there your moment of Zen will becoming soon!
    12-02-11 07:28 AM
    I ordered a second 16 GB PlayBook for $189 from SBB since it was so cheap (I will probably give it as a gift). I last got an email indicating there was high demand and that I'll receive an email when shipped. I checked that status on their site of my order, and it says shipped, but I never received any email about it. So I'm not sure if it really shipped or not. Plus, there is no tracking # no any indication when it actually changed to "shipped". I can wait, but they seriously have a small-time operation going on there.
    12-02-11 09:47 AM
    I ordered a second 16 GB PlayBook for $189 from SBB since it was so cheap (I will probably give it as a gift). I last got an email indicating there was high demand and that I'll receive an email when shipped. I checked that status on their site of my order, and it says shipped, but I never received any email about it. So I'm not sure if it really shipped or not. Plus, there is no tracking # no any indication when it actually changed to "shipped". I can wait, but they seriously have a small-time operation going on there.
    I had no emails at all from SBB apart from the initial email confirming the order.

I called that new 1-800 number late last night and gave them my order number and was told very much to my surprise that my PB had shipped and would be with me today ( Friday ) the guy on the phone could not give me a tracking number so i still don't know if this is the truth.....i am still sat waiting for the delivery truck.

I ordered on Monday the 28th and paid for express shipping to Canada.
    12-02-11 09:54 AM
    Called CS also. As I ordered on the 28th as well. Status on the website says "Inventory hold" But as of this morning if you try to buy a new 16GB PB is says "In stock" will ship in 1-2 business days.........her response was "Give it a few more days and check the website again, you might want to check every day".. so basically waiting for an email is not worth it...

Update

Now it says "shipped". I guess calling this in gets that result.....
    Last edited by cgresq192; 12-02-11 at 10:26 AM.
    12-02-11 10:10 AM
    This is response that best bUy gave the me And the BBB "Best Buy appreciates your business and understands your frustration when you received a cancellation notice for the Blackberry Playbook. Unfortunately this product has been discontinued from our inventory and we will not be receiving any more product from the manufacturer. We apologize for any disappointment this may have caused."
    12-02-11 10:15 AM
    Yup, went to the best buy store near me and the sales guy response was "we don't carry the playbook anymore, I don't know why the display model is still out there"

Of course the display model didn't work either....
    12-02-11 10:20 AM
    I have not tried calling them. I did email them last night around 9PM PT and within a few minutes I got a response back. Stating that my PB would be shipping in 5-7 days due to "overwhelmingly" response. I checked early this morning and it had that cryptic "inventory Hold", I checked a bit ago and it SHIPPED!
    I was very close to canceling the order and going to staples and getting it. Though, I have to admit, not happy with staples. They are selling the PB according to the sales associate but they are not even displaying it!!! Morons.
    12-02-11 11:15 AM
    A little patience went a long way for me. I was able to reorder today after the cancellation problem and still got the $199. Still have plenty time for the holidays.
    12-02-11 11:26 AM
    I wanted to buy another one as a Christmas gift but its out of stock on SBB Canada :\ and the price is back up to 499$
    I guess its the end of the sale? I would have expect they continue until they empty a bit more their inventory.
    12-02-11 02:24 PM
    I wanted to buy another one as a Christmas gift but its out of stock on SBB Canada :\ and the price is back up to 499$
    I guess its the end of the sale? I would have expect they continue until they empty a bit more their inventory.
    Check your pm.
    12-02-11 02:52 PM
    their customer care sux.
    I ordered mine last Thursday, and then I got one at local futureshop. So I emailed them to cancel, no reply. Called them, no one answered.
    12-02-11 02:54 PM
    Hey I'm going thru the same thing, Did you ever get it?
    12-02-11 07:40 PM
460 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD