here is a prime example of uninformed analysts. This should prove to you that analysts don't really know what they are talking about.

An analyst just said the wifi playbook does NOT have the ability to use cellular data!!!

as we all know this is not true, we can tether it and use cellular data for half the cost or no cost at all depending on the carrier.

The only true argument he has is the "no apps" and no native email which will be fixed.

I believe the xoom and ipad both launched as unfinished products...

don't think the link is up to the interview...but it annoyed me
    04-15-11 10:02 AM
    Well it definitely doesn't have "no apps"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 10:05 AM
    I played with a Xoom again last night. I'd still consider it unfinished. I was with a friend who went to Best Buy specifically to buy it. He was disappointed and now wants to see the PB on Tuesday.

04-15-11 10:08 AM
    Honestly as it is, it does not have built in 3/4 G. He should have mentioned that is can if tethered but he was technically correct and if you don't already have a BB then I'd say to cut him a little slack on this.

The bigger problem is that if he doesn't get it and wha tti all really means for the user, that means that many consumers won't get it or if they do, won't want the hassle of a tethering it when they can buy an IPAD that will be 3 G right out of the box. People are lazy...
    04-15-11 10:09 AM
    did Ipad have 3g version along with it's wifi version at launch? if not, then why the double standard?
    04-15-11 10:19 AM
    Ipad didn't even have copy and paste when it first came out.....
    04-15-11 10:33 AM
    Honestly as it is, it does not have built in 3/4 G. He should have mentioned that is can if tethered but he was technically correct and if you don't already have a BB then I'd say to cut him a little slack on this.

The bigger problem is that if he doesn't get it and wha tti all really means for the user, that means that many consumers won't get it or if they do, won't want the hassle of a tethering it when they can buy an IPAD that will be 3 G right out of the box. People are lazy...
    And some people don't want a 3g or 4g one or the additional carrier charges to go along with it. Wifi is perfect for some people.
    04-15-11 10:57 AM
    did Ipad have 3g version along with it's wifi version at launch? if not, then why the double standard?
    Because it does now. No serious reviewer would compare a new release to an older version of a competitor's product.

I am not defending Apple though my wife loves her IPAD2, but just as the no flash, crappy cameras, no easy Office access, and being wed to all things i-tune annoy us about that device, let's acknowledge that the PB is not perfect either and not say that its a "double standard" because the reviewer is pointing out an obvious difference that MAY be very important to some users. If I didn't live in a big city where wi-fi was everywhere or didn't have a BB already the no 3G issue would render the PB useless on too many occasions and make the IPAD2 a better choice. My wife has no wi-fi access at work and no BB so for her this was a deal breaker and the reviewer is right o point it out.
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 04-15-11 at 12:28 PM.
    04-15-11 12:24 PM
    And some people don't want a 3g or 4g one or the additional carrier charges to go along with it. Wifi is perfect for some people.
    Absolutely true and I agree, but bashing the "shmuck on CNBC" for telling lies when he didn't really do so is pretty unfair
    04-15-11 12:26 PM
    Absolutely true and I agree, but bashing the "shmuck on CNBC" for telling lies when he didn't really do so is pretty unfair
    Well "lie" implies he did it on purpose so I will just say he is inaccurate.

No apps? Well, is that a bigger strike against the xoom? The xoom launched with 11 apps and now it is up to 50.

Yea I would say there was a double standard.

04-15-11 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD