10-02-12 06:56 PM
228 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Darn, this is the old sherlock. I will give it a whirl nevertheless. Could not link through appworld, had to copy and paste link to browser. Could not submit new registration, submit button would not work. Had to go to rovio and register first. Got the movie but it is 1.8gb I think. Got less than 500mb on my PlayBook now. Wish I got 64gb version instead of 16. Sad. Movie selection is poor and I think you can get on netflix some of the content... Eg walking dead. I hate all of these disparate services selling the same content and ripping us off. Now if they get game of thrones season 3 than I am in.
    09-27-12 02:24 AM
    Hi guys, is this offer good only for Americas? What about Europe? Any news?
    Thanks anyway
    09-27-12 03:51 AM
    can the registration and download be done using proxy for those outside US/canada? thanks.
    09-27-12 04:21 AM
    For all those who followed other threads discussions and didn't read the app world notes...Sorry if this was mentioned before, I was not able to use the redemption code WATSON as mention in other threads SHERLOCK worked for me in Canada.
    Last edited by saint613; 09-27-12 at 04:36 AM.
    09-27-12 04:30 AM
    1. Go to blackberrycanada.roxionow.com/redeem
    2. Enter the code SHERLOCK

apparently it says it has expired =( so sad.
    09-27-12 04:32 AM
    Hmm, here in Czech republic it is not showing the movie in appworld
    09-27-12 05:04 AM
    Hi

Has anybody got any ideas as to when if ever they will offer the video store in the UK??

Neil
    09-27-12 05:33 AM
    Hey flushing good to see you.
    Who is your internet provider?
    Hey, good to see you too! I have Verizon Fios.
    09-27-12 05:35 AM
    Anything for those of us in the uk?
    09-27-12 06:16 AM
    Mine finally showed up this morning and downloaded fast - no problems now!
    09-27-12 09:10 AM
    Lucky you, when I went to download it told me it had expired, just got the offer. How fair is that?
    09-27-12 09:21 AM
    I got same message and just got offer, so what gives? Was it avaible for 15 hours?
    09-27-12 09:23 AM
    Yea I just tried too and it say EXPIRED! bummer
    09-27-12 09:24 AM
    Yay!!! My one braincell kicked in and I found it! In 'My Library' look on the left hand side and click the 'Purchase' and there it was!!
    D'huh...

Anyway, downloding it now.. Thanks to all with your great instructions!

Yep< after reding this post i looked in my library and there it is.
    Downloading now.
    Thanks
    09-27-12 09:33 AM
    All downloaded for me just fine. However I can't imagine ever actually buying a movie for the PlayBook for 13.99. Can you transfer the file off to your PC and watch it elsewhere? If not filling up a device that typically only has a 2-3 year lifespan with drm movies doesn't sound like a good idea. I can see renting but not buying.
    09-27-12 09:34 AM
    Ah, the ol' NOT Required REQUIRED middle initial. But then "we encountered a problem, use the back button in browser!" and over and over.....

edited to add: Oh, boy. Now I'm not sure of my username or whatever. When I finally tried registering again, it told me the username was taken. Then I changed username and it said my email was taken and to try logging in! Swift operation. Aha, or ha, ha.... I got five, count 'em FIVE blank receipts and one actual receipt. Downloading - Hmmm - expected to take 3 hours and 43 minutes! This may be a first and last.
    I got the error message in the BlackBerry site, too. But when I went into the video store app it let me in using the password I had just registered with. I also put in a middle initial as suggested. Try that. I am downloading just fine.

Thanks, RIM. You got slackers like me to actually set up an account and starting using the store.
    09-27-12 09:43 AM
    All downloaded for me just fine. However I can't imagine ever actually buying a movie for the PlayBook for 13.99. Can you transfer the file off to your PC and watch it elsewhere? If not filling up a device that typically only has a 2-3 year lifespan with drm movies doesn't sound like a good idea. I can see renting but not buying.
    While I also will not be buying movies at that price, I think that my copying the movie to my computer and then to my OTHER pb, and then being able to use it (after logging in and "downloading:" again), shows that you could copy these movies off the pb for offline storage and then copy them back - no guarantees but it seemed to work last night.
    09-27-12 09:58 AM
    Created an account. Tried to download told me it had expired. WORTHLESS.
    09-27-12 10:06 AM
    While I appreciated the gesture offering a free movie to promote BlackBerry Movie Store, this particular adaptation of Sherlock Holmes left me disappointed. Research In Motion had no control over the production value of the movie. The prices for content are out of line with their value; that is to say the content is overpriced. I would pay CAD/USD1.99 per movie and CAD/USSD0.99 per television show episode. For now it is a better dollar-value proposition to stream the television shows from the television network websites and/or buy the DVD if you do not mind being a season behind.

So, I will give Research In Motion 3/5 for effort. The movie gets 1/5. Movie critic Jay Sherman agrees.
    Last edited by BB9700CA; 09-27-12 at 10:24 AM.
    pickles#WP likes this.
    09-27-12 10:13 AM
    Code says it is expired. Wonder if they didn't anticipate the rush of downloads or something...
    09-27-12 10:43 AM
    Code says it is expired. Wonder if they didn't anticipate the rush of downloads or something...
    Same here. Expired. Tried both codes just in case. No luck.
    09-27-12 11:33 AM
    So i got the promo, was available to download. Obviously Rovio servers where getting slammed. So after 13MB the download would stop and give me the message retry again later!

After i tried about 8 more times always died around the 12-13mb point. It said i have to repurchase it as i downloaded it to many times? I never even downloaded a FULL copy let alone a 1/8 of the file size.

Unreal RIM would even team up with these clowns. So it seems when their servers can't serve the file (error on Rovio side) after so many attempts suck it up. You will pay to try and download it again. FAT Chance.

Also seems when i registered my account for the video store Rovio had it on the PB. While the Blackberry Rovio link that i used to create the account had no record of my account. Yet could sign in with my Playbook. Seems like this gong show is not even close for prime time!

Find a real content distributor ROVIO seems like a big joke! IF Rim wants BB10 to be a hit they better get their $hit together. Crap errors like this will kill them!

Sent a support ticket to RIM/Rovio but i already know where that is going to go.....
    Last edited by SparkyBC; 09-27-12 at 11:59 AM.
    09-27-12 11:49 AM
    I'm downloading it now. 40 minute download. Used Watson as the code in the US.
    09-27-12 11:52 AM
    While I also will not be buying movies at that price, I think that my copying the movie to my computer and then to my OTHER pb, and then being able to use it (after logging in and "downloading:" again), shows that you could copy these movies off the pb for offline storage and then copy them back - no guarantees but it seemed to work last night.
    I put a copy of all the movies I have bought from the video store on my PC. You can definitely move the files around at will but I have not found a way to play them on anything else but the PB it was downloaded on.
    09-27-12 11:55 AM
    So i got the promo, was available to download. Obviously Rovio servers where getting slammed. So after 13MB the download would stop and give me the message retry again later!

After i tried about 8 more times always died around the 12-13mb point. It said i have to repurchase it as i downloaded it to many times? I never even downloaded a FULL copy let alone a 1/8 of the file size.

Unreal RIM would even team up with these clowns. So it seem when there servers can't serve the file to you after so many attempts suck it up. You will pay to try and download it again. FAT Chance.

Also seems when i registered my account for the video store Rovio had it on the PB. While the Blackberry Rovio link that i used to create the account had no record of my account. Yet could sign in with my Playbook. Seems like this gong show is not even close for prime time!

Find a real content distributor ROVIO seems like a big joke!

Sent a support ticket to RIM but i already know where that is going to go.....
    If you go back a Page or two I had the same problem and customer support told me too bad I have to pay for it. I just created a new account and downloaded it again. It worked that time.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-27-12 11:56 AM
228 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD