umm it was mentioned in one of the posts in this thread that someone copied the movie to their computer from the playbook, how do I go about that?
    Yeah, wifi sharing. There's a recent post with someone having trouble with how-to.
    09-27-12 06:44 PM
    Last I tried, my PC would not read the movie at all. Is there a coded that I am missing? If it is so, I'll be buying quite a few movies from them.
    09-27-12 06:54 PM
    @beman999 - be a man not a child.
    it was joke, dont be an old fart!
    09-27-12 07:04 PM
    Look back a page I think it was F2 that did it .
    yea he just says that he did it, he didnt explain how
    09-27-12 07:06 PM
    anyone confirm if this is available in the uk?
    09-27-12 07:17 PM
    umm it was mentioned in one of the posts in this thread that someone copied the movie to their computer from the playbook, how do I go about that?
    I copied it but did not play it on the computer. I then copied it to a second pb but had to log in and kind of download it again. See the reply itself.
    09-27-12 07:37 PM
    I moved the file fron one pb to another into video folder but no go. Wouldn't play in video player or in movie store even logging into the same account. Appears it would let me download it again but did not do so I don't know for sure. I used Dukto free app to wifi transfer from 1 pb to the other
    09-27-12 08:04 PM
    In the first season of Sherlock, Sherlock used a blackberry. In the second he had an iphone. Maybe this is rim's way of trying to woo the detective back for bb10?
    09-27-12 09:13 PM
    Apparently it was a 24 hour offer. The good news is that they probably alienated more potential customers with this than they made friends.
    09-28-12 12:27 AM
    @esk369 - That equally applies to you also. You really have no idea what I did or didn't try.
    @Beman39 - I don't seem to recall making jokes about you first, but since you continue to do that I guess you'll also continue to be childish. After tons spams and no movie access yes I was a little frustrated but there was no reason for you to jump in period.
    09-28-12 07:57 AM
    Anyone else having a problem with Playbook not running ANY apps after dowloading Sherlock movie? This is killing me! Tell me I'm not the only one!
    09-28-12 08:31 AM
    Anyone else having a problem with Playbook not running ANY apps after dowloading Sherlock movie? This is killing me! Tell me I'm not the only one!
    How much space do you have left on your 32gig? The download was nearly 2gigs.

You might try restarting the device:

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

From what we've determined, you probably can copy it off to your computer and then copy it back for watching. So you could free up 2gigs.

Good luck
    anon(4050196) likes this.
    09-28-12 09:20 AM
    Thanks for the video.

3 days and counting on the download 600 mb to go.
    09-28-12 11:43 AM
    Thanks for the video.

3 days and counting on the download 600 mb to go.
    Is each frame coming via real snail mail?
    esk369 likes this.
    09-28-12 12:22 PM
    This is a great promotion. I had considered trying the video store, but never have since it is more expensive than renting via Red Box or buying the old fashioned way. Everything is working fine for me.

I may still need to rent once to see how well it works. Does anyone know exactly how it does the rental stuff versus purchases? Is it simply streamed and made available for a certain period, or is it downloaded but in a proprietary format that disables the content somehow after a certain period?
    09-28-12 01:28 PM
    This is a great promotion. I had considered trying the video store, but never have since it is more expensive than renting via Red Box or buying the old fashioned way. Everything is working fine for me.

I may still need to rent once to see how well it works. Does anyone know exactly how it does the rental stuff versus purchases? Is it simply streamed and made available for a certain period, or is it downloaded but in a proprietary format that disables the content somehow after a certain period?
    The purchases are yours watch as many times as you want and you dont need wifi and as f2 stated above you can store it on your computer to free up space if needed.
    The rentals are for 24 or 48 hours and the clock starts ticking when you 1st start to watch the movie and you can also watch sans wifi.
    Hope I helped you out
    09-28-12 05:52 PM
    Not having any problems after watching Sherlock. It played well also. Been using my PB all day today after watching last night and no problems noted.
    09-28-12 05:55 PM
    F2 is right. The less free storage space the worse the PlayBook behaves.

Clean it up (I'd say past 6gb. 5.5gb here is giving me some hiccups).
    09-28-12 06:04 PM
    How much space do you have left on your 32gig? The download was nearly 2gigs.

You might try restarting the device:

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

From what we've determined, you probably can copy it off to your computer and then copy it back for watching. So you could free up 2gigs.

Good luck

Thanks for the stable advice and not making me feel like a doofus. Good reminder to check the simple solutions first. I tried each in sequence, and it still didn't resolve. I got so frustrated (and nervous) that I had to walk off and leave it for a few hours. When i picked it up again, my playbook was ALIVE and working great! The movie loaded and ran perfectly, as did everything else.

As far as memory goes, after the download I have 4.4GB free out of 32GB. Before download I had a little better than 6GB. diegonei mentioned a few posts down that less than 6GB was causing some hiccups.

Love the Crackberry Community! Thanks all!
    09-28-12 08:20 PM
    Already watched it so many times, but still appreciated that it come as promotions.
    Superb quality, even after hooking it up to HDTV.
    I just delete it after copying it to my PC.
    So frustrating having only 16Gb PB.
    Hating it and love it more at the same time.

Sent from my Bold 9900 using.. wait for it.. CrackBerry Forum App! Thanks to Tapatalk
    09-30-12 12:04 AM
    Hello,
    I would like to let any users know that there is a problem with getting the sherlock holmes movie at blackberry.roxionow.com/redeem and typing in the password. Once you get to the registration page you see a bunch of * that needs to be filled out. The problem is that they forgot to add a * next to your middle name and that you will need to type in your full middle name. Once you do that there is no problem.
    Thank you
    09-30-12 11:46 AM
    Sure hope RIM will honour this promo for people who got f*cked by upgrading to .668. Since this SNAFU upgrade .....I've lost the ability to download anything from App World - none too bappy. Couple this with the intermitent wifi ...which keeps losing its connection ...and I'm about to see how far I could skip this tablet across my lake *@!+@*
    09-30-12 06:21 PM
    Sure hope RIM will honour this promo for people who got f*cked by upgrading to .668. Since this SNAFU upgrade .....I've lost the ability to download anything from App World - none too bappy. Couple this with the intermitent wifi ...which keeps losing its connection ...and I'm about to see how far I could skip this tablet across my lake *@!+@*
    Why don't you just load another OS on your PlayBook? What good is it if you can't download apps? There are plenty of threads that will show you how to load another OS without using the DM. What do you have to lose as it seems your PlayBook is already Fubar. Gl
    09-30-12 06:45 PM
    I was tenacious but finally able to download. Not viewed as yet. Why does my credit card show a $19.95 fee from Roxionow Novato? The fat is in the fire!!! Doc Neutron
    09-30-12 07:53 PM
    I was tenacious but finally able to download. Not viewed as yet. Why does my credit card show a $19.95 fee from Roxionow Novato? The fat is in the fire!!! Doc Neutron
    I never did have to supply any credit card info. I hope they have not connected the Video Store to appworld. Oh, I've got appworld connected to paypal and no charges there. I would definitely contest any charges.

The Featured in Appworld still shows "compliments of Blackberry" - I'd screen shoot it and definitely contest it.
    09-30-12 09:18 PM
228 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD