Technically RIM has Paid for my copy. Pay for it not a f'ing chance in . I will get my copy one way or another.
    09-27-12 11:05 AM
    I put a copy of all the movies I have bought from the video store on my PC. You can definitely move the files around at will but I have not found a way to play them on anything else but the PB it was downloaded on.
    As I wrote elsewhere, I originally downloaded Sherlock to my 64gig pb and it took hours. I copied that file to my computer (wifi sharing is terrific). I then decided to copy it to my 32gig pb (did I mention wifi sharing is terrific). It would not initially run it - license issue.

I then ran the Video Store app on the 32gig. I logged on. I saw Sherlock in PURCHASE. I tapped the Download Button. It was INSTANTLY in my Library and offered to view it. So I know that I did not download it again as it really was INSTANT. So it recognized the copy I had moved to the 32gig.

And, the two pb's have two different BBID's.

Now I'm not saying this defeats copy protection as you need to be logged into the account which purchased it to view it again.

And here's Sherlock running on the 32gig in a picture that I took with the 64gig (which is the pb unit that downloaded it originally).
    esk369 and Chaddface like this.
    09-27-12 11:20 AM
    Thanks F2. I understand now. I haven't needed to log in into my video store account since I opened it. I forgot it was there and never thought to try. Downloading again now. Now I don't need to open to open two store accounts.
    09-27-12 11:39 AM
    I found the instructions ambiguous. I created a video store account, found the movie and clicked "purchase", assuming I would be taken to an order confirmation screen that would permit me to enter the promo code. Instead, I found I had purchased the movie for $14.99!! I paused the download and contacted the store via chat. Their rep said she knew nothing about the promotion and it took some time before she canceled the charge. She told me the download was canceled too.

I then went back to app world, reread the instructions and worked my way through the pages, insering the code, and logging in to my new video store account but it wouldn't accept my password. I reset my password but it declined it again! Thoroughly frustrated, I closed the app (I thought) but then saw that the download page of the video store was still open, so I clicked "resume". The movie downloaded in a short one hour and 38 minutes!

I then went back and took a screen shot of the App World offer and also a copy of the chat transcript, just in case the refund doesn't go through.

The point of this lengthy post: If I had not been a moderately teck savvy user, I could never have had a successful outcome. I wonder how many new Playbook owners found themselves totally frustrated, perhaps out of pocket, because of the hoops and barrels they had to go through to get a free copy of a 3 year old movie?

Blackberry sought to create a buzz, promote its video store and reward its customers. Did it succeed? I give it 5 out of 10.
    09-27-12 11:42 AM
    Yay! Just got mine. Just went to the web page on my pb, signed up for an account (no cc required), opened the video store app, and there it was. Once downloaded it shows up in my pb video file so no wifi needed to watch. It's mine, all mine. Thanks RIM - you'll hear no complaints from me on this one.
    BB_Phoenix likes this.
    09-27-12 11:44 AM
    Yay! Just got mine. Just went to the web page on my pb, signed up for an account (no cc required), opened the video store app, and there it was. Once downloaded it shows up in my pb video file so no wifi needed to watch. It's mine, all mine. Thanks RIM - you'll hear no complaints from me on this one.
    I guess I was a lucky one. Everything just clicked for me and bingo it downloaded just fine. Might even watch it tonight on the BIG screen.
    09-27-12 11:46 AM
    If I had not been a moderately teck savvy user, I could never have had a successful outcome.
    Being not so tech savvy, I read the instructions and had a successful outcome. Instructions were fairly simple.
    esk369, OniBerry, diegonei and 2 others like this.
    09-27-12 11:52 AM
    Even though I'm not from the US and Canada, there is an easy way to get this.
    1. Use your PC browser
    2. Use proxy from USA or Canada
    3. Go to blackberrycanada.roxionow.com/redeem or blackberry.roxionow.com/redeem depends on the Proxy that u set
    4. Follow the instructions as stated on crackberry.com/download-sherlock-holmes-compliments-blackberry-your-playbook up to step 4
    5. Get your PlayBook ready
    6. Go to Wi-Fi > Saved Networks > choose your Wi-Fi AP > Use HTTP Proxy > enter the same proxy as the one on your PC
    7. Fire up BlackBerry Video Store
    8. Log in and go to My Library
    9. Download it, but as downloading proccess goes, check the speed, if good, continues..
    10. If you're getting it at slow speed, head back to PlayBook WiFi settings, and UN-check the Use HTTP Proxy. Resume your download.

I want to share this because I felt all PlayBook owners have the rights to also get this promotion.
    I know that the licensing deal isn't available in other countries yet, but nonetheless...

ps: If mods think this post is against the rule/TOS, feel free to delete it.

#BlackBerryByChoice
    #BeBold
    09-27-12 12:13 PM
    This is a scam. Beware.
    09-27-12 02:10 PM
    Ignore the above guy.
    DC506 and diegonei like this.
    09-27-12 02:18 PM
    This is a scam. Beware.
    Please explain.
    09-27-12 03:19 PM
    Please explain.
    Sure, he's a few cards short of a deck LOL
    09-27-12 03:26 PM
    Doesn't work but then they do have you signed up to be spammed by their email.
    09-27-12 03:50 PM
    @beman999 - be a man not a child.
    09-27-12 03:51 PM
    I would totally agree with you, except it did work and I haven't received any spam from them.
    09-27-12 04:00 PM
    Got a receipt and a free movie but no spam here either. And I think you could opt out of any email offers so it's a win for me.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-27-12 04:12 PM
    It took me awhile to figure it out. You MUST initially go thru the website, not appworld or video store. But after I actually followed the instructions, it worked fine.
    Good luck.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-27-12 04:19 PM
    One will only get spam if one agrees to get spam - by keeping the check box ticked... Therefore, it is not spam at all, it's content you agreed to get.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    09-27-12 04:20 PM
    One will only get spam if one agrees to get spam - by keeping the check box ticked... Therefore, it is not spam at all, it's content you agreed to get.
    Yep. Agreed. And I unchecked that check box so I will not be receiving any advertisements (UCE) from them. Amazing revelation - reading the words on the screen allows users to opt-in or opt-out of any further communication from the BlackBerry Movie Store and Rovio.
    mark37724 and diegonei like this.
    09-27-12 04:27 PM
    I guess I was a lucky one. Everything just clicked for me and bingo it downloaded just fine. Might even watch it tonight on the BIG screen.
    The movie itself was a tad disappointing but I was expecting something closer to the books. The theatre-release of this movie was likely targeted to the teenagers and early twenty-something movie attendees most of whom probably never read a book much less the stories penned by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle...no I did not say Conan O'Brian.
    mark37724 and Harryl6134 like this.
    09-27-12 04:30 PM
    @beman999 - be a man not a child.
    Confucius once said "when offering words of wisdom it is wise to remember for one not just to talk the talk but more importantly for one to walk the walk".
    Remember this grasshopper.
    DISCLAIMER[ To the best of the authors knowledge Confucius never actually said this.
    PLEASE don't try to make PP all over everyones hed its not nice.
    Its a little amazing that people will find a reason to about something for free.
    Maybe you just didn't do it right or look for a gizzillion fixes and work arounds on this thread.
    If ur units not runnin right look for a solution and fix it.
    Its just my opinion take it or leave it for whatever its personally worth 2U.
    09-27-12 04:34 PM
    Same here. Expired. Tried both codes just in case. No luck.
    Same here, any solution?
    09-27-12 05:06 PM
    I got the expired thing when I tried to do the code with an email addy that already was accepted for the offer. Try setting up another account with a different email addy. The offer was limited, though...any1 still successful in getting the offer?
    09-27-12 06:27 PM
    umm it was mentioned in one of the posts in this thread that someone copied the movie to their computer from the playbook, how do I go about that?
    09-27-12 06:34 PM
    umm it was mentioned in one of the posts in this thread that someone copied the movie to their computer from the playbook, how do I go about that?
    Look back a page I think it was F2 that did it .
    09-27-12 06:40 PM
228 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD