Now rovio is saying tough I used all of my licenses because there download failed each time and if I want the movie I need to pay $15

Some customer service. Way to make the video store look awesome RIM - giving away a free movie that you want me to pay you $15 for (and the you can buy a physical copy of for much less).
    Last edited by wayoung; 09-26-12 at 10:23 PM.
    09-26-12 10:18 PM
    For the Frenchies like me who are using the French layout: (yeah, the promo doesn't show up in the canadian French appworld...)
    Easy way:
    Switch language to english, (reboot?), go back to appworld to see it featured, follow instructions:

Manual way:

Canada:
    1. Go to blackberrycanada.roxionow.com/redeem
    2. Enter the code SHERLOCK
    3. If you already have a BlackBerry Video Store account, log in. If not, create one.
    4. Download the free BlackBerry Video Store app on your PlayBook, if you don't have it already.
    5. Log in to the app and go to My Library, PURCHASES. You should see Sherlock Holmes under Movies.
    6. Click to download.

United States:
    1. Go to BlackBerry.roxionow.com/redeem
    2. Enter the code WATSON
    3. If you already have a BlackBerry Video Store account, log in. If not, create one.
    4. Download the free BlackBerry Video Store app on your PlayBook, if you don't have it already.
    5. Log in to the app and go to My Library. You should see Sherlock Holmes under Movies.
    6. Click to download.

Bon cin�ma!
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-26-12 10:23 PM
    Even though it is still listed in App World the movie is no longer available when you attempt to redeem according to the web site. That didn't last long.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I entered the link for the US offer.
    Last edited by rjedge54; 09-26-12 at 10:28 PM.
    09-26-12 10:23 PM
    Even though it is still listed in App World the movie is no longer available when you attempt to redeem according to the web site. That didn't last long.
    Make sure you go on the right website:
    Canada:

United States:
    2. Enter the code WATSON
    Last edited by goorborhn; 09-26-12 at 10:30 PM.
    rjedge54 and rshew like this.
    09-26-12 10:27 PM
    DL-ing now
    esk369 likes this.
    09-26-12 10:28 PM
    Now rovio is saying tough I used all of my licenses because there download failed each time and if I want the movie I need to pay $15

Some customer service. Way to make the video store look awesome RIM - giving away a free movie that you want me to pay you $15 for (and the you can buy a physical copy of for much less).
    Young - don't get frustrated - log into your account via browser and you can choose live chat for help (through 12 midnight eastern) and they also give a 1-800 number for assistance. I did the chat, to no success yet, but now my case is registered. Go do the same and all will be well , maybe not tonight, but they will make it right.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-26-12 10:35 PM

Did they actually tell you tough you have to pay for the movie now?
    You should get in touch with customer service I can't see how they would expect you to pay for a free movie that you couldn't download.
    09-26-12 10:37 PM
    O hai guize whats goin' on in this thread?!
    09-26-12 10:38 PM
    O hai guize whats goin' on in this thread?!
    Did you get your free movie?
    09-26-12 10:41 PM
    I cannot find my movie store icon...it disappeared. Anyone know where I can download it?
    The app was loaded on my playbook already. Check all your apps.
    09-26-12 10:43 PM
    Did they actually tell you tough you have to pay for the movie now?
    You should get in touch with customer service I can't see how they would expect you to pay for a free movie that you couldn't download.
    It was customer service that told me that. After another 10 min of arguing they said they would escalate my issue to tech support and I could expect an answer from them in 48 hours

I found my own work around - created a new account. Downloading again now. Will see if it works in the morning. With this much crap over a free movie I can garuntee I will never buy one from them.
    09-26-12 10:43 PM
    Young - don't get frustrated - log into your account via browser and you can choose live chat for help (through 12 midnight eastern) and they also give a 1-800 number for assistance. I did the chat, to no success yet, but now my case is registered. Go do the same and all will be well , maybe not tonight, but they will make it right.
    I was waiting for the online chat while on hold with the 1-800 line. 1-800 answered first (15 min) and anothee 20 min later when I finished my call I still hadn't got an agent to login to my chat.
    09-26-12 10:45 PM
    It was customer service that told me that. After another 10 min of arguing they said they would escalate my issue to tech support and I could expect an answer from them in 48 hours

I found my own work around - created a new account. Downloading again now. Will see if it works in the morning. With this much crap over a free movie I can garuntee I will never buy one from them.
    Wow I hope they work that out for you sounds like they were kinda rude hope they do the right thing for you.
    09-26-12 10:50 PM
    Canada:

United States:
    2. Enter the code WATSON
    Yep, that's what happened. I had successfully downloaded it to my PB and then when attempting to do the same on my wife's PB later I entered the web address from memory. I guess my memory isn't what it used to be. I saw your post just after sending mine and realized what I had done. She has it now. Thanks again.
    09-26-12 10:53 PM
    Solved the problem. I couldn't see Sherlock Holmes in 'My Library' after following posted instructions here, and on the web site. Went back to blackberry.roxionow.com/redeem. Re-entered 'WATSON'. Clicked to the next page. Signed back in, and what do you know. My code has been accepted. I go to the Playbook and refresh 'My Library'. There's Sherlock.

Downloading now.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-26-12 10:59 PM
    Yay!!! My one braincell kicked in and I found it! In 'My Library' look on the left hand side and click the 'Purchase' and there it was!!
    D'huh...

Anyway, downloding it now.. Thanks to all with your great instructions!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 09-27-12 at 12:56 AM.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-26-12 11:14 PM
    Canada:

United States:
    2. Enter the code WATSON
    Thank You goorborhn,
    I did not add canada in the string, I'm downloading now!
    09-26-12 11:20 PM
    Just noticed this in app world and after figuring out how to use the video store now have it downloading, have at it if you are interested.
    Thanks for posting that. I would've missed it. Downloading it now.
    09-26-12 11:36 PM
    Took me about three times entering the email address but finally got it. All right. I love the playbook but tablets are new technology. All I ask is that they strive to improve. The video store has definitely done that. When it was first available with 2.0 it was jittery and froze. I still used it because like I said new tech. now it's much smoother and better content. Life just gets better and better. Ahh yaa.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-27-12 12:02 AM
    Just a note: took 38 mins to download
    09-27-12 12:03 AM
    Just downloaded the movie. Nice catch OP.
    09-27-12 12:04 AM
    I will be curious if I can just copy it from on 64gig to my 32gig or will I have to logon and download it yet again?
    09-27-12 12:05 AM
    PS I'm buying a movie just to say thanks blackberry. KC out.
    esk369 and Michelle Haag like this.
    09-27-12 12:05 AM
    I will be curious if I can just copy it from on 64gig to my 32gig or will I have to logon and download it yet again?
    To answer my own question - yes, in a fashion. I copied it over. It would not play from the video app - mentioned LICENSE. Went to Video Store, logged in, Library was empty on the 32 (where I copied TO). I went to purchases - it was there. I pressed Download. It immediately asked if I wanted to play and it started playing. So I gather as long as you log on with the same ID, you can copy videos between two pb's and don't have to download them a second time.
    esk369 and phylez like this.
    09-27-12 12:24 AM
    I got the receipt but nothing in my library. weird.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    09-27-12 01:06 AM
228 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD