Got it. Thanks.
    09-26-12 05:58 PM
    If you're not registered you have to join (which I guess is the purpose). They don't ask for credit card information.

It worked with me and I'm downloading.
    09-26-12 06:08 PM
    Just noticed this in app world and after figuring out how to use the video store now have it downloading, have at it if you are interested.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    09-26-12 06:10 PM
    I thought the video store sucked before and now I know for certain. Perhaps they want credit card info. This is the reason I didn't register before this fiasco
    How, exactly, is it a fiasco when someone wants to give you something for FREE if you sign up for their service and YOU refuse the terms??? <<<shaking my head at the state of peoples "the world owes me" attitude >>>

I'm already a paying customer in the movie store and I have the same situation as you (Congrats screen and receipt) and waiting on it to show.

Hope if it comes through you have enough character to eat your words, with some BlackBerry syrup!
    BB_Phoenix and bungaboy like this.
    09-26-12 06:14 PM
    Anyone else have problems with the download? Keeps stopping on me.
    09-26-12 06:19 PM
    can't create a new account... 'submit' button is greyed out!

tried multiple browsers too
    09-26-12 06:22 PM
    My download is now estimated around 9 hours.

In regard to the BLANK receipt - I got 5 blanks and one real one.
    09-26-12 06:23 PM
    How, exactly, is it a fiasco when someone wants to give you something for FREE if you sign up for their service and YOU refuse the terms??? <<<shaking my head at the state of peoples "the world owes me" attitude >>>

I'm already a paying customer in the movie store and I have the same situation as you (Congrats screen and receipt) and waiting on it to show.

Hope if it comes through you have enough character to eat your words, with some BlackBerry syrup!
    I've logged out and back in several times and redone the promo through appworld several times and no movie shows up in my library, downloads. I don't care about an old movie I've seen multiple times, I care that an app taking up space on my device doesn't work and cannot be deleted.

And who said anything about refusing terms? I think your syrup must have fermented
    09-26-12 06:29 PM
    can't create a new account... 'submit' button is greyed out!

tried multiple browsers too
    I (and other users) had to supply a Middle Initial to get the submit button to work.
    bungaboy, DC506, Hgouck and 1 others like this.
    09-26-12 06:32 PM
    Thanks OP
    Downloading even though it says unable to download.
    09-26-12 06:35 PM
    dude u do need a cc I've just tied is asking me for one. there is no ption to skip
    09-26-12 06:44 PM
    dude u do need a cc I've just tied is asking me for one. there is no ption to skip
    Only via the app. The webpage doesn't doesn't ask. My 17 year old son signed up no cc.......through the webpage.
    09-26-12 06:47 PM
    Guess a lot of people are downloading this, says 9 hours, have to plan your watching using this.
    09-26-12 06:48 PM
    Good catch OP! Thanks for posting.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-26-12 06:49 PM
    I (and other users) had to supply a Middle Initial to get the submit button to work.
    Yep.....middle initial.
    09-26-12 06:54 PM
    Thanks OP and Michelle for posting on the CB front page.

I found it on AppWorld. Created an account using the webpage on my PlayBook's browser (did not need a middle initial). Went to the redeem page using the PlayBook's browser. Signed into the video store (Canadian one) and the movie was waiting for me in my library. Said it would take 3.5h to download, but it downloaded in about 15-20 minutes. I did not have to provide a credit card. I got one receipt via email. I can also see the movie listed in the Video App (in addition to the video store).

Oh yes, thanks RIM!
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-26-12 06:54 PM
    Use your user name/password that you registered on the roxio website in you video store, do not re-register.
    09-26-12 06:55 PM
    I guess that there really is no free lunch I already had my account open so it wasn't a big deal.
    So that's the trade off for a free movie actually pretty clever on their part it gets people to sign up so even if you have no intention of purchasing or renting movies from them you can still get the movie for free you never know you could be in a situation where you have sometime to kill and rent or buy a movie from them.
    I think imo thats good marketing on their part.
    And they won't do anything with your card info unless your on like America's most wanted.
    Hgouck and bungaboy like this.
    09-26-12 06:57 PM
    thanks man it worked that way but when I checked video store I still had to pay xD. but thanks for the help it didn't ask for cc n I'm 1st time registering
    09-26-12 06:58 PM
    I been waiting on a free movie yes!
    esk369 likes this.
    09-26-12 07:02 PM
    I am downloading the movie at this moment. However, the process seems overly complicated and I wish we could use our BlackBerry ID with the movie application instead of needing to create yet another account. Oh well, maybe BlackBerry 10 will integrate the movie store and music store and appworld under our BlackBerry ID.
    09-26-12 07:09 PM
    thx for this, this is great it will be my first movie

GOTTA LOVE CRACKBERRY

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    esk369 and bungaboy like this.
    09-26-12 07:09 PM
    I dont see it in my movies or anywhere! I have an acct with cc attached. What am i doing wrong
    09-26-12 07:11 PM
    I dont see it in my movies or anywhere! I have an acct with cc attached. What am i doing wrong
    Read thru the thread I'm sure you will find a fix
    Maybe a quick reboot.
    09-26-12 07:16 PM
    I'm still waiting, too, Jedi. Shoot - for free i guess I could wait as long as I need to (got 2 receipts so far). I wasn't expecting a freebie tonight so I'm patient!

Think I'll go have a bowl of BlueBell Vanilla Bean with some BlackBerry syrup while I wait - who knows - maybe if I look in the back of the fridge I can find some FERMENTED BB syrup. If there ain't some BlueBell, though, someone will PAY FOR THIS FIASCO!
    esk369 likes this.
    09-26-12 07:25 PM
228 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD