Can anyone help me??? I purchased the Playbook, hoping to use it at work. I wanted to be able to use the Sheet to go to update an excel file and resave it to our server. I was hoping i could transfer the file using the Desktop software, open it and sync it back when i was done. I cannot see anywhere on the desktop software how to add excel files to the playbook. Is this even possible, or do i have to email the file to myself and open it?????

#2 Does anyone know if you can copy/paste or insert cells in playbook in Sheet to Go? I can do it in Word to go, but cannot find anywhere how to do this in Sheet to Go.

Thanks
    1Misift
    04-25-11 09:38 AM
    I never use the Desktop Management program as I like to control where I put all of my files. Im not sure if you have tried this already, but if you simply plug your Playbook in your computer, you can browse to it as a network drive - your computer will automaticaly set this up. Once its up, instead of opening Desktop Manager, just use your Windows Browser to browse to your playbook. Then, click on your excel file that you want to transfer to your device, drag it over to the Playbook and drop it in the folder called "Documents". Voila, your excell file is on your Playbook and will open in Sheets to Go.

When your finished editing your file on the Playbook, just do the reverse.

Regarding your second question, I haven't tried that out in my excell documents yet so cant help you.
    1misfit likes this.
    04-25-11 10:12 AM
    I too have that dilemma. I also want to email the updated file, I was hoping the bridge app would just let me update the file on my Bold and email it from there using the bridge. But I cant even see the file using bridge. Anyway, failing that it would be nice to be able to email the updated file from the PB directly but I could find how to attach files using the Gmail app in the PB. Early days, much to be done.
    04-25-11 11:29 AM
    Thanks for the info, works great, you saved me alot of fustration.

hopefully somebody will develop an app that will run windows based operations on this. Being able to browse my server through wireless and save files in real time would open up endless possiblities for this tablet.

Has anybody been able to run more than one file of Sheet to Go at a time? When I open it up, I can only have one file at a time going.
    04-25-11 11:40 AM
    My son showed me this and it worked: use the pb like a flashdrive while connected to your pc or laptop. Went to "computer" on my start menu and playbook showed up as Network Location (1). He dragged & dropped the file & it showed up instantly on my playbook. Nice!
    02-24-12 05:31 PM
    I use skydrive for word and excel documents then just download them to my playbook. You also drag and drop or use print to go.
    02-24-12 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD