After a lot of thought and a lot of use, I regretfully had to take my PB back today.

I really loved the web browsing experience on it. And, it's screen is simply amazing.

Thanks to everyone on Crackberry for helping me during my Odyssey to get the dang thing working. That was quite an adventure!

I really want a smaller tablet to go along with my Xoom and iPad2. But, at least right now, the PB is not it.

When I returned it at Staples, they assumed I didn't like the "quirky" OS...

In actuality, I loved it! I keep swiping my iPad!

That apps were sorely lacking and I just didn't have the confidence that native email was coming.

If the PB survives and grows, it will be a phenomenal platform. I'm not a PB hater. I really liked it, but couldn't justify keeping it for basically browsing the web.
    05-01-11 07:26 PM
    The lack of native email is really a letdown considering that is one of rims strenghts.....there is a lot better and cheaper way to surf the internet
    05-01-11 07:47 PM
    Playbook is definitely a beta product right now. As it gets more native apps - email and others - it'll be really solid. I just hope we don't have to wait for Q3 when the 4G versions come out.

The open question is third-party apps. Even Honeycomb isn't close to competing with iOS with good tablet apps. I think RIM is killing themselves by not having QNX phones ready or coming very soon. Being able to build native Apps that would work on a QNX BB and Playbook would would be a much bigger draw for developers than developing for such a small Playbook user base.
    05-01-11 07:53 PM
    Mine is going back tomorrow!
    All this time I felt like having the beta device (why spend $600 then?) and helping rim to working on it for free... I was patient and ready to wait but plybook wifi stopped working yesterday, spent 2h with customer service today and no luck...
    waste of time!
    05-01-11 07:55 PM
    You're not getting any argument from me. I'm typing this on my brand iPad2. Bought it today to compare the two for a week or so and then make a decision, but the iPad is just so darn easy to use. and it has all the stuff I really hoped the PlayBook would have had or at least solid announcements as to when it would have them (Zinio, NetFlix to name 2). I'm not counting the PB down and out, but it has some serious catching up to do.
    05-01-11 07:59 PM
    Hey Cozmik,

Did you get the pb from futureshop? If so let me know when you return it so I can get a good deal on an open box item.
    05-01-11 08:05 PM
    Really???.....Another thread for the "I'm returning my PB" crowd.....Are you people that self righteous that you can't post in this thread below????

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/an...aybook-607712/

The above thread supports my PB is going back because,(insert reasons here) __________________.

Do you people feel that special ? As to having to be the first to post? What's wrong with just sticking to an already solidified thread with your issues?

Thankfully everyone who loves their PB isn't starting their own thread!
    05-01-11 08:08 PM
    There is no doubt the ipad will be leagues ahead for apps and even in some ways OS refinement. For my needs the 7 inch tablet is a better fit. Plus, in my opinion, the playbook is fairly awesome out of the box. Especially considering this is the first cut of a brand new OS. I can wait for improvements...actually I will enjoy that process. The final decision is definitely individually driven. I did get an ipad for the youngest girl. It's a better fit for her. I must admit, it is nice to have so many good options to pick from.
    05-01-11 08:12 PM
    Hey Cozmik,

Did you get the pb from futureshop? If so let me know when you return it so I can get a good deal on an open box item.
    There's an OB 32gb at Future Shop Waterloo right now. Unless it sold this afternoon that is.
    05-01-11 08:17 PM
    Really???.....Another thread for the "I'm returning my PB" crowd.....Are you people that self righteous that you can't post in this thread below????

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/an...aybook-607712/

The above thread supports my PB is going back because,(insert reasons here) __________________.

Do you people feel that special ? As to having to be the first to post? What's wrong with just sticking to an already solidified thread with your issues?

Thankfully everyone who loves their PB isn't starting their own thread!
    +1

No one really cares. All of you can pat each each other on the back and try to justify your decisions somewhere else. Try an Apple website they love this stuff.
    Cynn likes this.
    05-01-11 08:17 PM
    I really don't see what the big deal is about the Playbook not having native email, when you have BB bridge. I could see why someone without a BB would be upset, but really.... I love the fact that it doesn't have native emails. I personally don't need another device beeping and vibrating letting me know that I have email to check. Yea the Ipad is nice, but the BB PB in my eyes still blows the Ipad out the water.
    05-01-11 08:18 PM
    If you don't care, don't read it. It really is as simple as that. No one is asking you to read the thread. The title is already telling you what it was going to be about, so it is your fault you wasted your time.

OP, good luck with whatever you choose. Hopefully one day you will check out the PlayBook again when it is able to do all you wanted.
    05-01-11 08:27 PM
    don't let the door hit you in the a$$ man how many more of these do we have to read?
    i like the pb a lot trust me. but you cant deny that its utterly useless right now. thia just aint gonna cut it rim and i dont have a lot of faith in rim delivering because theyre notorious for talking big but never delivering. hello bb storm.

the last thing i need is to be burned of a $500 paperweight.
    05-01-11 08:38 PM
    After a lot of thought and a lot of use, I regretfully had to take my PB back today.

I really loved the web browsing experience on it. And, it's screen is simply amazing.

Thanks to everyone on Crackberry for helping me during my Odyssey to get the dang thing working. That was quite an adventure!

I really want a smaller tablet to go along with my Xoom and iPad2. But, at least right now, the PB is not it.

When I returned it at Staples, they assumed I didn't like the "quirky" OS...

In actuality, I loved it! I keep swiping my iPad!

That apps were sorely lacking and I just didn't have the confidence that native email was coming.

If the PB survives and grows, it will be a phenomenal platform. I'm not a PB hater. I really liked it, but couldn't justify keeping it for basically browsing the web.
    How can you tolerate the xoom then that only has 60 apps?
    05-01-11 08:44 PM
    You will miss the QNX OS once you're bitten. If you don't, you really never had any need for quality tablet.
    Last edited by edandrea; 05-01-11 at 08:50 PM.
    05-01-11 08:45 PM
    05-01-11 08:46 PM
    My 32GB Playbook, Charging Pod, Convertible Case and Screen Protector (never installed) are all packed up and ready to be returned to Best Buy in the morning.

In my opinion the device is an unfinished product, and I have lost faith in RIM and their ability to deliver.
    05-01-11 08:49 PM
    The lack of self-control is sad.
    05-01-11 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD