I am in a my office where next to me sits a colleague with her shiny new 10'' ipad. I take out my PB with the keyboard. She says ''Oh what a cute small laptop is this?'' Quite amused I explain to her that it's the PB. I switch it on, connect to the Uni's wireless and start browsing in less than 10secs. She is having difficulties to connect to the wireless and I notice that she is looking with the corner of her eye to my PB. She starts showing genuine interest, she gives her ipad to another colleague to sort out her connection, and I start giving her a demo. She was very impressed with the bridge function and that I don't have to pay a penny to browse the internet. Multitasking, keyboard, easy to use. After about ten mins of demo the break was over and I returned back to my desk, and the last thing I heard was from our colleague saying that he could not make it work.

I am sure this night she will be thiking why the she spent (and keeps spending) so much money for something that cannot even connect to the Uni's wireless. Bless, her.
    jamesharmeling and Cracklen like this.
    11-15-12 12:52 PM
    happens to me also....my iPad and iPhone keep getting disconncted in-between to the wifi
    11-15-12 01:06 PM
    Works both ways actually, my PB is unable to connect to my work VPN (no support for Cisco AnyConnect) or to the work Wi-Fi (no support for WPA2 with 802.1x), while the iPad does both without any issues. Surprisingly, the BB phone connects just fine to the Wi-Fi so I use the Bridge feature for browsing and connectivity. As for VPN, I'm forced to go back to my laptop.

Hope RIM figure out a resolution for above in BB10.
    11-15-12 02:57 PM
    The PB is definitely better than iPride anyday....
    11-15-12 03:51 PM
    Works both ways actually, my PB is unable to connect to my work VPN (no support for Cisco AnyConnect) or to the work Wi-Fi (no support for WPA2 with 802.1x), while the iPad does both without any issues. Surprisingly, the BB phone connects just fine to the Wi-Fi so I use the Bridge feature for browsing and connectivity. As for VPN, I'm forced to go back to my laptop.

My BlackBerry PlayBook supports WPA PSK and WPA2 PSK. Apparently, I do not fully understand your complaint. As for VPN support, does your environment support IKEv2? We cannot blame RIM when third-party systems are not available or are non-functional. At most workplaces there are policies against connecting any personal electronic device to the enterprise network, especially if you have a co-worker (workplace bully) constantly running to management.
    11-15-12 04:25 PM
    My playbook connects to wpa2 at my work no problem. May be your work wifi and secure devices.
    11-15-12 04:36 PM

I'll have to agree, it does work both ways. We had plenty of WiFi related issues here in the forums when the PlayBook was still young. Usually changing a few settings in the WiFi network's security does the trick.

But that's as far as I'll go. My network is set as WPA2-PSK and the PlayBook has never complained about it. In all truth, my PlayBook hardly ever complains about anything. I have very few issues with my BlackBerry devices...
    cjcampbell and kbz1960 like this.
    11-15-12 07:00 PM
    Can't identify with wifi issues. I have wpa2 personal at home and haven't had any issues with the numerous other networks I used.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-15-12 10:08 PM
    The only issue I've found has been with WPA2 PEAP or LEAP authentication, for some reason the BlackBerry smartphones support this but the PlayBook does not.
    11-16-12 12:37 PM
    love this. a few more instances such as this and she will be selling the ipad to buy three playbooks!
    11-19-12 08:50 AM