Hello,

I have an issue with sharing media between my 9790 and my PB.

I have just come back from a great trip and had intended while away that I would blog the trip via Wordpress (WP).

Having taken pictures on my 9790, I connected it to my PB hoping that I could include the images in WP, but guess what ................ PB would let me do that; I could view them via 'file manager' but could not save them to the PB.
    So I then thought that I'd email them to myself, which worked - to a point. When the mail was recieved on the PB, I could view and save, but the 'add media' function could not find them to add them to a post - I suppose there is some security / privacy thing going on here; but WTF- they are my photos and I should be able to do what the what ever I want to.

Then I thought that I'd upload them to Dropbox from the phone and download them via Bluebox to the PD. Guess what - I could download and view, but could not save the download to the PB gallery.
    I then thought that I'd Bluetooth the pictures to the PB - that didnt work either!

Is it me?
    If I'm honest, I'm getting a little tired of all these stupid 'security' features that prevent me from doing what I want to with 'my stuff'

If there is anyone out there that can advise me on work-rounds for my problem, I would be most grateful.
    Is it possible to plug a flash card reader into the PB?
    Is it possible to connect the phone to the PB via a USB cable?

Cheers.
    Last edited by capers1962; 11-08-12 at 10:42 AM.
    11-08-12 10:21 AM
    Well, I was told here that because I have BES I cannot use external app like File Browser to transfer files from phone to PB.

But in general, it can be done using an app like File Browser or Files and Folder, you can find and buy them in Appworld
    11-08-12 10:44 AM
    I didn't go through all these steps but I want to confirm that although I can "see" my pics that are saved in my BB through the PB, there is now way to save them in the PB. It's really a shame.
    11-08-12 12:46 PM
    Just a thought, if you are able to view on your PB but not save, could you not just take a "screen shot" and would that not simply add it to you PB photo's?

Edit: I just tried this and it does work. Of course if you have multiple pics it would be more than a tad tedious but it is an easy workaround for a couple here and there.
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 11-08-12 at 01:04 PM.
    Chaddface likes this.
    11-08-12 12:53 PM
    Well, I was told here that because I have BES I cannot use external app like File Browser to transfer files from phone to PB.

But in general, it can be done using an app like File Browser or Files and Folder, you can find and buy them in Appworld
    That's correct. Files and Folders can transfer files on the BB to the PB as long as you are on BIS. It's a fairly easy copy and paste procedure. It's a great app with many other features and definitely worth the small fee. There may be a free alternative but I don't know of it.
    11-08-12 12:55 PM
    Also, could these not just be transfered from phone to desktop manager and back to PB? I've never tried but it seems that it wasn't a part of your trial and error points made so thought I'd ask.
    11-08-12 12:56 PM
    You can connect the playbook to PC either by wifi or usb, transfer pics to PC then to playbook. Currently now way to use SD card with the PlayBook, should change with OS10 and OTG, which will help with on the run file transfer, when no PC available
    cjcampbell likes this.
    11-08-12 01:09 PM