I have really been enjoying my playbook. I have also been a little frustrated by some of RIM's decisions, but that is for another thread.

I was pretty disappointed when I synced up my EVO and playbook via bluetooth, only to discover there were "no available services". Not being able to share files was annoying. Also, one of my biggest frustrations has been the inability to browse the file structure. Well today, I found a solution to both of these.

Knowing that the wifi file sharing works brilliantly with my Win 7 laptop, I went searching through the android market. I discovered AndroXplorer. It is a file manager for android which allows wifi sharing. It is also free. Bonus.

So I installed it and fired it up. The first thing I tried was network, new. I typed in the ip address and password, and presto! We have access.

It works just as fast as using my laptop. It was very easy to copy and paste files from my EVO to the playbook and back. I even left it in the other room and grabbed a file off the playbook. It transferred a 2 megabyte file in no time. I have used the wifi sharing at work a lot, and now I see me using this as well. If nothing else, I finally have a playbook file explorer without having to fire up the laptop.

Just thought I would share this experience.
    FTWrath, bigchico68 and cschmach like this.
    05-10-11 10:09 PM
    Awesome, will be useful for my Droid X
    05-10-11 10:12 PM
    not working for me. any ideas?. i typed in the ip and everything and can see my playbook listed on my evo under the network tab, but when i click on my playbook no files show up nor can i copy anything over.
    05-10-11 10:55 PM
    The username by default is playbook, did you put that in?

Have you connected from a pc?
    05-10-11 11:23 PM
    I use ES File Explorer myself. Haven't tried it with a PB yet, but have had great with other devices.

I prefer it over the other file explorers available, but it's just my personal preference/taste based on the UI.
    cschmach likes this.
    05-10-11 11:56 PM
    I just tried ES File Explorer and it worked well also. I like the way it looks, and especially how it handles copy and paste. One of the things I like about AndroXplorer is that it has three views that you can have a specific folder open and slide back and forth between, similiar to the android home screens. Makes moving files back and forth without having to drill up and down each time, easier.
    05-11-11 08:30 AM
    The username by default is playbook, did you put that in?

Have you connected from a pc?
    ok well ill try that because under username i thought it wanted my ssid username so that it what i used there. ill try the playbook username and let ya know how it goes
    05-11-11 09:29 AM
    ok got it.. thanks for all the help i went under network properties on the playbook and seen that i had changed the username. once i fixed that on my evo all is good now. Thanks again!
    05-11-11 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD