Hello I am travelling overseas tomorrow. I will be in Europe and I want my video store and other things to work there. I understand I need to do proxy settings for this to happen. I need a solution for this by noon on Friday. Would like it to think I'm still in Canada. Obviously, I would prefer a free solution. I did three searches on here but couldn't find a step by step way to do this. A link or information would help. Thanks
    10-26-12 12:08 AM
    You can try hidemyass.com ... Though i've not really used it recently..
    10-26-12 12:29 AM
    You can try hidemyass.com ... Though i've not really used it recently..
    how safe is this. if i use a chinese one for example can they hack in and see my information or keystrokes? Or any of them for that matter
    10-26-12 12:34 AM
    how safe is this. if i use a chinese one for example can they hack in and see my information or keystrokes? Or any of them for that matter
    I think that is an inherent risk in all proxies unless you run over ssl... But then I'm not very knowledgeable about this..
    Hope someone with more knowledge of proxies and security can let reply back to this..
    10-26-12 12:56 AM
    The way to setup a proxy is neatly detailed there, also with associated security warnings, in red -please don't skip them.

Somewhere else in this very forum I've seen a list of free proxy sites, but at this time... I don't find it back.
    (Now there must be hundreds of "free proxy list" websites, but not only I'd be uncompetent to advise a good one, my employer 'wisely' blocks any request to any url containing the word "proxy" in it )
    10-26-12 02:07 AM