I'm looking for some advice from my fellow Crackberry addicts.

My 32GB playbook which is out of warranty all of a sudden has some major battery issues, sitting idle my battery will drain from 100% to dead in about 5 hours, never mind while using the device ill be lucky to get 2 hours. I've also noticed my playbook gets hot on the back right in the centre of the unit whether in use or idle. This issue happened out of the blue, I use the playbook as an alarm clock I woke up one morning and the device was off because of dead battery and since then I cant get more than a couple hours of use.

So if your still with me here I'm looking for the cheapest way of getting this fixed. I was just laid off work so the timing for this to happen is perfect... I couldn't find any replacement batteries on line so I could fix it myself (if the battery is even the issue) and if there is a new playbook coming out soon I don't see the advantage of purchasing the same thing.

So what do you guys think?

06-14-12 06:49 PM
    Do you the "new" native email? Do you have it setup to MANUAL sync? That is a known battery killer.

What might you be running in the background?

Have you tried any of the Reset procedures?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    06-14-12 07:00 PM
    Do you have a battery watch app? Battery Guru for $0.99 is a good buy. Battery Watch , a free Android app, is also good but it will not run under OS2.0 as noted in the app catalogue. Diagnosis of the problem appears to be the first step.
    06-14-12 07:12 PM
    Battery guru blows. It tells me one hour my health is 90 percent next hour tells me it's 30 percent.
    06-14-12 11:50 PM
    Not had any bad experience or such inconsistent results with Battery Guru. If that keeps happening would wonder whether the battery has some periodic freaking things going on. Do you get good battery hours out of a charge? Even 90% health is not supposed to be very good unless the battery is two years old with lots of recharges.
    Last edited by jpash549bb; 06-15-12 at 12:27 AM.
    06-15-12 12:24 AM
    Battery guru blows. It tells me one hour my health is 90 percent next hour tells me it's 30 percent.
    Battery Guru is just displaying the info that the Playbook gives it.
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    Chaddface and FF22 like this.
    06-15-12 05:01 AM
    Call RIM Support.

I had my PB RMA'd (IT's out of 1 year warranty) and the RMA rep said they will warranty PB's even if your warranty period is over.
    Torres90 likes this.
    06-15-12 11:40 AM
    Yep blackberry willing to fix the playbook even if the warranty period over right from Canada...even if it's in another country.

As for the battery drain, try turn off the wifi and bluetooth while not in use
    06-15-12 12:41 PM