Hi,
    I am on my second Playbook in 2 weeks.
    First one would not power up, just red flashing light, no matter how long left charging & not recognised if plugged into laptop. RIM did an Advanced Exchange Service. Replacement one updated twice, keeps powering off, various different Power status Icons show, charging, not charging, no charge...., also when i tried to put some music on it says memory full..only one sample song on it? When I checked Settings > About > Hardware is says Boot Time 31st Dec 1999???.
    After a couple of conversations with Customer service they have agreed to exchange again. Is it just me or is this normal for Playbook. My brother sent me it as a gift while I recover from cancer treatment....it is stressing me out!! lol
    09-02-12 07:14 AM
    There are PBs that have had issues as do all tables, but no that isn't common to run into 2 PBs that have issues like that. Hope your 3rd one is a good one.

WOW, Boot Time 31st Dec 1999. Definitely a glitch somewhere in there.

Good luck with your recovery, hope all goes well for you.
    09-02-12 07:39 AM
    I wish I could help you but I've never run into any of those problems personally. That said, I have another electronic device (nothing that has anything to do with computers) that has had to be replaced twice in two months due to malfunction. A friend has the same device, purchased around the same time, from the same place, but hers has worked flawlessly since day 1.

I think sometimes that some units are just lemons, whereas the vast majority work exactly as they're supposed to.

That's of little comfort to you. Sorry.
    09-02-12 07:40 AM
    Same little issue with Amazon. Shipments say "ordered on December 31st 1969"
    09-02-12 07:44 AM
    Same little issue with Amazon. Shipments say "ordered on December 31st 1969"
    when you order bb10?
    09-02-12 03:17 PM
    when you order bb10?
    ^Good one

Anything ordered from amazon.ca will show that date, odd little glitch in their system I assume.
    09-02-12 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD