All Playbook issues put aside I seem to always come back to one huge issue and thats text entry on almost any website except the WAP Crackberry site.

We can use XDA-Developers as a reference for anyone willing to try it out. Essentially no matter what I do when trying to type a reply or fill out any text field on most sites (PayPal, Chase, XDA) the keyboard constantly closes. In most cases I can only enter 1-3 letters before it closes and I must re-open the keyboard. This has to be the most aggravating thing I have ever experienced with a tablet.

So I got to thinking and figured I would ask here if this seems to be a widespread issue or if I am doing something wrong.

For the record I am typing this post now on the Crackberry WAP site with my Playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 08:46 PM
    Just make sure the site is fully loaded.
    06-30-11 08:50 PM
    I've seen that also lately - with site fully loaded as well I believe...its a strange fluke that seems to be random. Very frustrating and another reason I hate the virtual keyboard that was foisted upon us . Still looking for that slide out drawer where they hid the real keyboard or.. a good case/keyboard combo.. orr - the bluetooth phone thumbtyping solution .. (yeah we know blackjack you've said that 100 times) - just trying to increase exposure for the developers and case designers....HINT HINT.

Best idea is to keep an eye on it and keep track of what you were doing when it happened then report back here. Ay Ay Captain.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-30-11 at 09:15 PM.
    06-30-11 09:11 PM
    In my case this is not random. Site fully loaded and it will happen every single time all the time. Anyone care to hop on XDA and give it a shot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 10:47 PM
    Same issue here, doesn't happen on every website but more than a few so far.
    Didn't have any issues before 1.06, so let's just hope they'll fix that soon.
    It's horribly annoying on password fields.

It's not random here either, just happens on multiple websites, fully loaded.
    07-01-11 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD