Simply put, it doesn't always work.

This wouldn't seem to be a big deal, but it is. Specifically, I have managed to get KeePass working by porting the Android app, and other than it having a hissy fit with any sort of automated file update capability for the password database (e.g. via the Bluebox Dropbox client) it works fine.

BUT -- if you can't paste into the text boxes for passwords, it doesn't matter.

Some apps will allow it, others will not. Specifically, Tweetdeck does not. Holding down the box should pop up the paste option -- and doesn't.

There are a few other places where it doesn't work as well.

This is a fairly serious issue and one that Blackberry needs to address for those of us who have security-related things on our mind... like me.
    03-16-13 12:34 PM
    I'm sorry but I want to be clear here.... you're upset that it isn't pasting in a sideloaded app that wasn't designed to fully work with BB10? Also, where else has paste not worked for you? I've never had an issue with it.... well aside from the phone app.
    03-16-13 12:41 PM
    Paste is a keyboard thing, or at least should be. You know, that virtual thing they're emulating with the screen?

Yeah, that. If they emulated a CTRL key it would be easy but they didn't of course (nobody else does, to be fair, either) but it appears that this isn't NECESSARILY limited to sideloaded apps. In fact, the app where it doesn't work that I have found is NOT sideloaded!

I'm playing with this on my Playbook as I don't yet have my Z10 and am trying to establish workflow. If there are places I can't use paste then there are going to be sites and such where logging in is going to be a problem for those of us who have some sort of password management system.

KeePass works fine (albeit sideloaded) and does the right thing with copying into the buffer, but inability to access the paste function anywhere a keyboard appears and can be used is something that simply shouldn't be an issue -- but in a few instances, it is.

And incidentally what I tried to paste into was NOT a sideloaded app -- it was downloaded off the BB appstore. (Tweetdeck will not run if sideloaded; it brings up the permission screen and then silently blows up -- the version I am using is the one off the Playbook Blackberry store)
    03-16-13 12:56 PM
    If this is something that you are experiencing with your PB, and don't yet have a BB10 device, how can you comment on what does or does not work on the new platform? I'm sorry man but this should be put to the PlayBook section of the site.
    03-16-13 01:05 PM
    BB10 - Serious issue with paste

- Doesn't own a BB10 -.-

I've personally never had a problem with cut/paste. It works just as it does on iOS and Android. I would try to help you, but seeing as this whole post is based on assumption, I'm not gonna bother.
    03-16-13 01:20 PM
    I'm going to screenshot this for my review on the Z-10 in a couple of weeks. It'll only go out to 300,000+ readers

PS: It appears, from further work, to impact ANY application that uses Adobe Air. Not that you seem to care about that little factoid....
    03-16-13 01:31 PM
    I'm going to screenshot this for my review on the Z-10 in a couple of weeks. It'll only go out to 300,000+ readers

PS: It appears, from further work, to impact ANY application that uses Adobe Air. Not that you seem to care about that little factoid....
    I don't see why you're upset. You were commenting on the lack of ability on something that you do not own yet or have experience with. The thread has been moved to the appropriate forum and maybe there is someone here that can help you or relate.
    03-16-13 01:49 PM
    Bottom Line: copy/cut/paste/select ARE inconsistent between the various apps.
    03-16-13 02:23 PM
    Bottom Line: copy/cut/paste/select ARE inconsistent between the various apps.
    On the Z10 as well or just the PB? I haven't had any issues with copy/paste on my Z10 yet.
    03-16-13 02:30 PM
    Playbook. I have not even seen a z10.
    03-16-13 03:55 PM
    Tweet deck is just a launcher. Have you tried just going to the site instead of using the launcher webapp thingamajig??

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-16-13 04:24 PM
    Playbook. I have not even seen a z10.
    Ok... just so you know, this was originally titled "BB10 Serious issue....." and in the BB10 forum. That may explain the previous answers to this thread as the OP stated he didn't even have a new device yet.
    03-16-13 04:47 PM
    Ok... just so you know, this was originally titled "BB10 Serious issue....." and in the BB10 forum. That may explain the previous answers to this thread as the OP stated he didn't even have a new device yet.
    That explains my confusion with this thread.
    03-16-13 04:54 PM
    But, but what about his 300,000 followers? Shouldn't we be fair and alert them to prepare for it? A legend in. . . . .
    03-16-13 06:16 PM
    Sayanora folks. Here I thought this was a place that existed for answers, not this sort of nonsense.

My review will note what you're likely to "encounter" over here; I've been a significant booster of Blackberry's "re-invention", but I think it may be time to call an end to that.
    03-16-13 06:37 PM
    Sayanora folks. Here I thought this was a place that existed for answers, not this sort of nonsense.

My review will note what you're likely to "encounter" over here; I've been a significant booster of Blackberry's "re-invention", but I think it may be time to call an end to that.
    Don't trip over your ego on the way out!

Ta ta
    03-16-13 07:02 PM
    This is a serious problem on the Playbook. I frequently can't get Paste to work right. Bridge apps are the worst, but I've seen it in the browser a lot.
    03-16-13 11:11 PM