When I'm watching a video on YouTube it stops at a different spot each time...that crashes my wifi connection...

Though I wouldn't know it because it shows its connected...

The only thing that I have been able to do to get back on line is by after emptying the upper deck, I then turn off, what looks like a good connection, and restart the wifi. It comes back on and I'm able to use the browser again...

But as soon as I go to YouTube, the same sh*t happens, over and over again. With different videos, nothing helps....it pauses and you can't get out unless you close the window, all the windows and restart the wifi...

Rebooting the system doesn't do anything I still have to restart the wifi?????

My cell phone is working fine on wifi so does YouTube...
    01-13-14 09:50 PM
    Hi Diazaman and welcome to CrackBerry and Mobile Nations communities !

We need some more infos to go further
    Are you using the Youtube App or is it in the browser ?
    Is flash enabled in the browser settings ?

P.S: If you want to try a fast-dirty solution, I'd tend to delete the wifi connexion on the PB and create it again with WPS procedure (if available on your wifi router).

Cheers,
    SF
    Diazaman likes this.
    01-14-14 04:05 AM
    Thanks for responding SuperFly, it's happening with the app, the browser, anything that I open, eventually crashes..even Crackberry?
    The quick answer fix you gave me is a little over my head...It'll have to wait til someone gets home that knows how to play with the router...I live with a bunch of university students who should know how to do whatever it is that should be done with the router, it's not mine either sooo...
    01-14-14 02:25 PM
    Hi Diazaman and welcome to CrackBerry and Mobile Nations communities !

We need some more infos to go further
    Are you using the Youtube App or is it in the browser ?
    Is flash enabled in the browser settings ?

P.S: If you want to try a fast-dirty solution, I'd tend to delete the wifi connexion on the PB and create it again with WPS procedure (if available on your wifi router).

Cheers,
    SF
    I found the button on the router and pushed it, not much happened....my PB continued its count down, so my friend said the router needed to be re-programmed but at the time didn't have access to a pc....

I returned to my hovel and tried connecting again and it worked....Finally I've been using yt for an hour and I'm still connected.......8-)

I'm not sure if pushing the button did the trick, but something jarred loose, and everything seems great...So cheers Mate, may the farce be with yea....
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-14-14 11:15 PM
    I found the button on the router and pushed it, not much happened....my PB continued its count down, so my friend said the router needed to be re-programmed but at the time didn't have access to a pc....

I returned to my hovel and tried connecting again and it worked....Finally I've been using yt for an hour and I'm still connected.......8-)

I'm not sure if pushing the button did the trick, but something jarred loose, and everything seems great...So cheers Mate, may the farce be with yea....
    There have been a lot of thread with wifi connexion issues and most have revealed a problem with the router.
    By problem, I mean several settings choices. The most useful to check are the radio band type (use both/auto or 2.4), the channel used (my testing resulted in choosing 6 or 11, but it also depends on the traffic in the neighborhood) and the security type .
    I've found that using the WPS was the easiest way to get the best settings on the PB, as it will query the router in a more extensive way than using the password key. It is possible that the WPS association you made retrieved extra information, even if the security check failed ...
    Anyhow, glad it finally worked out !

FWIW: my current router WIFI settings (sorry, in French, but I believe you'll translate easily once you face your settings page)
    Serious Connectivity Problems-capture2.png

Cheers
    SF
    Diazaman likes this.
    01-15-14 04:19 AM
    All that went over my head...but not that far...
    What I don't know is how to get into the router my laptop is down, can it be accessed through my android? Or even the PB? And what am I going to need to know? All I do know is the password to connect to the wifi...but will the info I need be on my fone or PB? any help would be helpful...
    From anyone...
    Cheers,
    Dizzy
    01-15-14 04:48 AM
    All that went over my head...but not that far...
    What I don't know is how to get into the router my laptop is down, can it be accessed through my android? Or even the PB? And what am I going to need to know? All I do know is the password to connect to the wifi...but will the info I need be on my fone or PB? any help would be helpful...
    From anyone...
    Cheers,
    Dizzy
    Ususally, you can access to your router settings with any device connected to the network. You just have to type its IP address within a browser.
    Typical IP address are http://192.168.0.1 (most used) or http://192.168.1.1. You will need credentials, they're usually printed on the router and default are often "admin/password" ... Then you will navigate into the settings within your browser.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-15-14 at 05:29 AM.
    01-15-14 04:57 AM
    Thanks Superfly...funny thing, my buddy who has a Blackberry Curve it's a little more than a year old is having the same problem I was having...he keeps getting kicked off the web...
    I was trying to download some apps and his phone needs an update which
    01-15-14 05:49 PM