I expect to receive a RMA from RIM to send my Playbook in to repair a camera error (error 4003). I will take a full backup before I send it.

If they repair mine or replace it with another one, what will I need to do to get the Playbook (Settings and applications) back to the operating state it was in when it was sent?

Will the applications be restored from the backup? Will I need to re-install my applications.

I would appreciate advice -- especially from someone who has experienced a Playbook return from repair.
    11-19-12 02:33 PM
    Well, I got a NEW unit so I had to add back my STUFF! I may have tried the Restore using the Desktop software but in the main I restored things manually. But definitely backup. If you use the SAME BBID, all of your apps will be available to download again if you don't use Restore. In the event an app has changed in price, appworld will not provide you access generally but it may - depends on how the programmer coded it for appworld. Sideloaded apps are neither backed up nor restored.

Others may have more info.
    Scotter75 likes this.
    11-19-12 04:28 PM
    Make sure to do file copy of any media/data files not just relying on the desktop manager backup function just in case the restore has issues.

As F2 said, you can use same bbid and restore your apps, they'll show in the uninstalled list, then copy back you media data using file copy. That method isif full backup/restore doesn't work.
    11-19-12 04:35 PM
    If RIM replaces my Playbook instead of repairing it, what impact will a new PIN have? Blackberry ID, applications, bridge, etc.?
    11-20-12 08:54 AM
    If RIM replaces my Playbook instead of repairing it, what impact will a new PIN have? Blackberry ID, applications, bridge, etc.?
    You can use the same BlackBerry ID with the new BlackBerry PlayBook and at some point it will ask if you want to associate the new PIN with the BlackBerry ID. Click the confirmation button. Applications associated with the BlackBerry ID will be available for re-installation via BlackBerry AppWorld - Uninstalled Applications. You will need to pair the new BlackBerry PlayBook to your BlackBerry Torch 9850.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-20-12 09:09 AM