I am wanting to send music downloaded on my PB to the 9810... What can help with this please?
    05-22-12 03:10 AM
    If you go to App World on your Playbook, do a search for My File Manager. It is the program I use to transfer pictures from my 9800 to by Playbook and back, by using the bridge connection.
    raskarl likes this.
    05-22-12 04:52 AM
    If you go to App World on your Playbook, do a search for My File Manager. It is the program I use to transfer pictures from my 9800 to by Playbook and back, by using the bridge connection.
    Hey man, is it the one that costs 2 pounds? I am not concerned about the price...just do not want to waste my money if it is the wrong program.
    Thanks
    Last edited by raskarl; 05-22-12 at 05:31 AM. Reason: misplaced word
    05-22-12 05:29 AM
    I think a few of those file manager apps will work. I use Files and Folders. It's in app world with a free trial.
    Innovatology likes this.
    05-22-12 07:12 AM
    Hey chaps. I have now loaded a thing to do this..one is My File Manager and the other is called air browser..Just got to figure out how to use it now and then I'll be away!
    Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by raskarl; 05-22-12 at 12:38 PM. Reason: misspelled words
    05-22-12 12:36 PM
    Hey chaps. I have now loaded a thing to do this..one is My File Manager and the other is called air browser..Just got to figure out how to use it now and then I'll be away!
    Thanks for all the help.
    I don't see a way to do it with air browser.

File manager is possible by going into selection mode then copy and paste.

I still prefer Files and Folders. More features. It's worth the price of admission in my opinion. Give the trial a go.
    05-22-12 01:10 PM
    I don't see a way to do it with air browser.

File manager is possible by going into selection mode then copy and paste.

I still prefer Files and Folders. More features. It's worth the price of admission in my opinion. Give the trial a go.
    Right...I will remove Air Browser when I get in. Am going to try and use the file manager app only because i don't really want to pay if i don't have to. what is the purpose of air browser then?
    all of this hassle because I don't want to use USB cable..lol (I'm sure it will be worth it though, hopefully once I learn the ropes it's ok)
    Last edited by raskarl; 05-22-12 at 01:45 PM.
    05-22-12 01:39 PM
    While Air Browser may not allow access to the phone, some folks like its appearance and how it works.
    05-22-12 03:33 PM
    i have been using air browser since its free and did what i needed most of the time. though I required a way to load the pics i took from my phone and display them on the playbook. the playbook has a built in bridge browser which is super lame if you want to view more than one picture.

my friends and i went out for a hike and took quite a few phots each with our cameras. I feel the camera phone takes better pictures than my playbook especially in low light since it has a flash. after the trip they bluetoothed over their photos (im sure theres a more efficient method. post here if u know of one). so i had all the photos on my phone but no real way to look at them since the screen on the bb9900 is quite small for many to see.

I was able to load up one picture at a time with the bridge browser but felt that was a major fail. Especially since I'm the lone bb fan in our group I needed a way to make the BB pb/phone shine. This is where Files and Folders has come to the rescue. Just tried it out. I'm able to browse the photos on the phone through bridge, select the ones I want, then transfer them over all at once with bluetooth. Sure you might have to wait like 5 minutes for them all the transfer but when thats done your set to go.

Just view one photo after another seemlessly on the playbook. Friends were quite impressed. Especially seeing that we just took them.

[would be nice if there was a way to use files&folders to access file shares on other phones through the mobile hotspot. not sure if this is possible or how I would do it. if u know please post on howto]

edit: oh yeah cloud support is super cool since your able to upload all those photos and invite others to share that folder (with box anywayz)
    Last edited by Guyzer; 05-22-12 at 07:20 PM.
    05-22-12 07:17 PM
    If the cameras use microSD cards then pop them into a BlackBerry smartphone and activate BlackBerry Bridge with your BlackBerry tablet. Then open the photograph on the smartphone, press the menu key, and select Open on TABLET_NAME. Maybe Research in Motion could invent a BlackBerry Bridge hub that accepts memory cards and allows the content to be shared with other devices running BlackBerry Bridge.
    05-22-12 08:01 PM
    After all this...I installed about 3 different applications on the PB and even downloaded a FTP client...ended up connecting the damn thing through the USB, waited till the thing appeared as an external, then just copied over all the music...
    lol...
    Thanks for everything though chaps.
    05-23-12 01:41 AM
    After all this...I installed about 3 different applications on the PB and even downloaded a FTP client...ended up connecting the damn thing through the USB, waited till the thing appeared as an external, then just copied over all the music...
    lol...
    Thanks for everything though chaps.
    There is always THAT - usb. Efficient if, well, so 18th Century! Kind of like the old "sneaker-net" - carry floppy to other computer and copy its contents.
    05-23-12 08:29 AM
    I purchased "File Browser" a while back and never had any issues with it. Of the ones I used it has been my favorite, and it's only .99. The copy and paste function works well. Though depending on your file size can take time as it sends everything through bluetooth.
    05-23-12 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD