so I seem to be having issues sending attachments with the Playbook. all is well and i love this thing had it since day one but right from the start the attachments doesnt seem to work right.

--So I add attachments 2-3 of them, either photos or files doesn't matter.
    then I wait for them to "upload" once the "X" is next to them I know it's good to go, so I send.
    problems that occur are either the email doesn't get sent and I get an error message, message not sent. or it send but only one file out of 2 or 3 get sent.
    Am I missing something , did I not wait long enough?
    anyone else having this issue?

Emails and attachments are a big deal for me just want to get it working right and make sure I'm not doing something wrong.
    05-03-11 09:24 AM
    same. sometimes it works sometimes no....i've never had the error message though....
    05-03-11 10:20 AM
    I'm having the same issues although I have not been able to get anything to attach. Any answers?
    05-11-11 02:49 PM
    what are the file sizes?
    05-11-11 03:40 PM
    I cant get an attachment to get past the uploading stage. 32.5kb word doc has been uploading for the past 5 mins. I used to be able to send attachements but have had 0 luck the past couple weeks. So aggervating!
    06-23-11 03:11 PM
    I just sent a 1.4mb picture as an attachment. Although, frnakly, I am not sure I understand the process.

After attaching it from "file browser" I see a progress bar with "sending...." and then it completes the progress bar. But then I get a green icon and no "send" evidence. If I then click on the pencil/edit icon, I can send it. Then it sends.

But frankly the entire attachment-filebrowser aspect is so damn amateurish - I had just taken the picture. So, in order to find it for attachment I had to scroll through over 1,000 images to find it. There is no folder support for locating attachments which is totally messed up. I had to go through pictures of Europe, 3 other trips and misc other stuff to get to the newest camera-shot. It is at times like this that I want to smack rim around and ask what they were thinking. Also, touching the paperclip (attachment) gives no feedback so that I touched it a few times and the darn app wanted to attach 5 more items!

Okay, enough ranting when I thought I was going to help!

edited to add:
    For some reason it seems to create a DRAFT message rather than just sending it out when adding an attachment? I just sent myself a simple email with only text and it immediately sent it. Whereas I just sent an xls/excel file and it again initially creates a draft which you then have to re-edit (and that message shows no evidence of an attachment that I can see) and then can send.
    Last edited by F2; 06-23-11 at 04:22 PM.
    06-23-11 04:15 PM
    I just sent a 1.4mb picture as an attachment. Although, frnakly, I am not sure I understand the process.

After attaching it from "file browser" I see a progress bar with "sending...." and then it completes the progress bar. But then I get a green icon and no "send" evidence. If I then click on the pencil/edit icon, I can send it. Then it sends.

But frankly the entire attachment-filebrowser aspect is so damn amateurish - I had just taken the picture. So, in order to find it for attachment I had to scroll through over 1,000 images to find it. There is no folder support for locating attachments which is totally messed up. I had to go through pictures of Europe, 3 other trips and misc other stuff to get to the newest camera-shot. It is at times like this that I want to smack rim around and ask what they were thinking. Also, touching the paperclip (attachment) gives no feedback so that I touched it a few times and the darn app wanted to attach 5 more items!

Okay, enough ranting when I thought I was going to help!

edited to add:
    For some reason it seems to create a DRAFT message rather than just sending it out when adding an attachment? I just sent myself a simple email with only text and it immediately sent it. Whereas I just sent an xls/excel file and it again initially creates a draft which you then have to re-edit (and that message shows no evidence of an attachment that I can see) and then can send.
    This is the type of stuff they need to fix FAST. Give us a change-log with a bunch of these fixes, and see how fast the buzz starts to change...
    06-23-11 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD