I want to sell the Playbook, how to i untie the pin to my email address so that the new owner can register the pin to theirs?
    02-04-12 01:03 PM
    I want to sell the Playbook, how to i untie the pin to my email address so that the new owner can register the pin to theirs?
    Security Wipe, and may I ask why?
    02-04-12 01:08 PM
    Just do a security wipe on the PB Settings->Security->Security Wipe.

It'll remove all of your info and restore the PB to factory state. The PB PIN isn't tied to your email (that's on the phone)... so Security Wipe and sell it.

Tho' I'm a little surprised that you aren't waiting the few days until OS2, which should be hugely better than OS1.n... aren't you even a little curious?
    02-04-12 01:09 PM
    Don't do a security wipe today. There seems to be a problem with the update servers and if they are not back online when you do it, you will have a PlayBook with no apps but the web browser. Not even appworld will be on it. I am talking from experience
    02-04-12 01:14 PM
    Don't do a security wipe today. There seems to be a problem with the update servers and if they are not back online when you do it, you will have a PlayBook with no apps but the web browser. Not even appworld will be on it. I am talking from experience
    I really wish I'd seen this post earlier. I did a security wipe a little earlier today following a problem and now I have just the browser and a setup icon. And to add insult to injury I cannot setup the playbook I gave to my wife for her birthday today due to the update server problem. I know the setup of the new playbook will be fine once the server is back online but what about mine, anyone know how to resolve this, will it just be a case of doing a further security wipe when the servers are back up?
    02-04-12 01:30 PM
    How much are you selling for? I'm debating a 2nd PB.
    02-04-12 01:30 PM
    I really wish I'd seen this post earlier. I did a security wipe a little earlier today following a problem and now I have just the browser and a setup icon. And to add insult to injury I cannot setup the playbook I gave to my wife for her birthday today due to the update server problem. I know the setup of the new playbook will be fine once the server is back online but what about mine, anyone know how to resolve this, will it just be a case of doing a further security wipe when the servers are back up?
    If it is like the same problem a security wipe on the Beta, a check for updates will serve up all the missing OS once they get the servers up.
    02-04-12 01:42 PM
    i was given it as a pressie i've only used it twice since and dont see myself using it in the future apart from the odd browsing here and there.
    02-04-12 01:47 PM
    too late, i did it and only got the browser in apps
    02-04-12 01:48 PM
    Maybe try hooking up to the DM and do the debricking method.
    02-04-12 01:56 PM
    Maybe try hooking up to the DM and do the debricking method.
    Doesn't work either, just get the message that the OS is up to date.
    02-04-12 02:14 PM
    Doesn't work either, just get the message that the OS is up to date.
    You have to be quick - the update option is briefly offered.

Look here for the debrick method... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    02-04-12 02:26 PM
    I guess if you can't see yourself using it much but I can't see why anyone would sell now with the update so close.
    02-04-12 02:27 PM
    You have to be quick - the update option is briefly offered.

Look here for the debrick method... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    Have you tried it today? I have tried it a couple of times. It is the debrick menu after it runs for a minute that comes back with OS up to date.

BTW, I have had the Playbook since April and always run the debrick when updating OS, so this is definately different than in the past.
    02-04-12 02:29 PM
    Use dingleberry to load a full OS apps and all...(plus an extra app to watch hulu)
    FF22 likes this.
    02-04-12 02:31 PM
    Ah, yes, there is that "local server" or whatever someone put together. I wonder if that/those come with the complete app package, too. It is discussed in the OS (and maybe the Rooting subforums.
    02-04-12 03:27 PM
    Just started working here. For the people with just a browser and setup app, the check for updates button will get you the rest now. Mine is in the process of downloading 83mb of updates.
    02-04-12 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD