... for a 32gb Playbook!!

I was able to get my hands on a 32GB PB today from the Telus deal so I am going to sell my 16GB (that i got for Xmas). I have a question though... Do I just need to do a security wipe in order to get all of the information off the PB? Or should I be doing a full factory reset (anf if so, how do I do that?)

Also, if I backup my current playbook on my PC will I be able to put the apps I purchased on my new PB??

Thanks!
    02-03-12 10:19 AM
    a security swipe should put it back to factory, and for ur apps once you enter ur bb id info that u used to buy the apps into ur new playbook all the apps should be waiting for u in app world to be installed to ur new playbook. enjoy
    02-03-12 11:42 AM
    I had my first 64gig stolen, so bought a new 64gig. Once updated, I just logged into AppWorld and it allowed me to reinstall all the apps I had purchased, it just says reinstall, tap it and you're good to go.
    02-03-12 11:47 AM
    ... for a 32gb Playbook!!
    Very funny. You almost had me with the headline...then the humor of the punch line came into play.

I was able to get my hands on a 32GB PB today from the Telus deal so I am going to sell my 16GB (that i got for Xmas). I have a question though... Do I just need to do a security wipe in order to get all of the information off the PB? Or should I be doing a full factory reset (anf if so, how do I do that?)
    A security wipe is sufficient to remove at least 99% of any information stored on the tablet. There will certainly not be any trace of your BlackBerry ID which is in essence what ties your tablet to BlackBerry AppWorld.

Also, if I backup my current playbook on my PC will I be able to put the apps I purchased on my new PB??
    The applications you downloaded from BlackBerry AppWorld will be listed under the Uninstalled tab within My World. Just click on the re-install option. This holds true for any of the paid applications as far as I can remember.
    02-03-12 11:47 AM
    Security wipe will not reset the PB to factory settings, you will need to do a factory reset:

http://crackberry.com/factory-reset-blackberry-playbook-also-fixes-bricked-devices
    02-03-12 11:59 AM
    How much are you asking for it?
    02-03-12 01:39 PM
    I kept my 16 for movies and media - I use my 64 for business
    02-03-12 06:24 PM
    I should have expected this... LOL
    02-03-12 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD