01-20-12 05:36 PM
31 12
tools
    Background: I got a free iPad2 16GB.

I own a 32GB Playbook.

I have to sell one (need the money)... I was originally planning to sell the iPad. But when i told my friends about they laughed and said: "who the prefers a crap like the playbook over an iPad?"

I got a bit upset... so now i'm in doubt, which one should I sell?

Any comments to make me feel better about muggles are well received.
    01-18-12 04:45 PM
    I would assume you'll make a lot more money selling the iPad2, and ultimately will enjoy having the PlayBook much more.

Your call, but I know what I would do in your shoes.
    menaknow, hpjrt and blue-b like this.
    01-18-12 04:47 PM
    I would assume you'll make a lot more money selling the iPad2, and ultimately will enjoy having the PlayBook much more.

Your call, but I know what I would do in your shoes.
    nailed it! i agree completely.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-18-12 04:48 PM
    You'll get more money selling the ipad. If the Playbook totally works for you, keep it, but if you want some flexibility & options (tons of video streaming services, email, video editing etc), dump the Playbook (You'll get at least $100) and enjoy your new iPad.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-18-12 04:50 PM

I own a 32GB Playbook.

I have to sell one (need the money)... I was originally planning to sell the iPad. But when i told my friends about they laughed and said: "who the prefers a crap like the playbook over an iPad?"

It all depends on what you value most. Here are your choices:
    1. If you value highest post-sale cash-on-hand, sell the IPad
    2. If you value the opinion of a "friend" who judges you on which tablet you own, sell the PB
    3. If you value the present and future utility of one of the tablets over the other, sell the one which is least useful to you personally
    peter9477 and barskin like this.
    01-18-12 04:55 PM
    Everything about the playbook and rimm are up in the air right now. Selling ipad would be the wrong thing to do. I love my pbs, all 4. But things are too shaky right now. I say keep the ipad.
    01-18-12 04:57 PM
    You'll get more money selling the ipad. If the Playbook totally works for you, keep it, but if you want some flexibility & options (tons of video streaming services, email, video editing etc), dump the Playbook (You'll get at least $100) and enjoy your new iPad.
    I agree. Plus if you sell the pb you'll have a useless convertible case. New items also sell for more. so for ALL those reasons u should sell the ipad : P
    01-18-12 04:57 PM
    Here's the thing...
    This is a BB forum. That means most in here are partial to BB platform.
    If you go to a ipad forum, you'll likely find most there are partial to the ipad.

If someone should suggest you sell one or the other, and you have regrets, that wouldn't be good.

The answer is in you. Which do YOU want to sell?
    01-18-12 05:06 PM

I own a 32GB Playbook.

who cares what they say, the playbook kills the ipad, it's way better

sell the ipad, get some cash and then use the extra cash for some playbook accessories, or use it to buy some meals out with friends, pay a bill, get groceries, party, i dunno, but i do know you should keep the playbook

it is pretty clear your friends do not have a clue what they're talking about when they talk bad about a non apple product, otherwise they would have been able to put together a better explanation as to why; other than using the word "crap". apple is obviously the new "walmart of technical consumption" - they're (apple) greedy and seem to dish out insecure hipster humor, but can't take any jabs back without crying about it
    Last edited by buckwylder; 01-18-12 at 05:32 PM.
    01-18-12 05:10 PM
    plus, it looks like you have a blackberry smartphone, so definitely keep the playbook

makes more sense overall to make more selling the ipad and keeping the playbook

with 2.0 coming, you won't be disapointed in any way with your playbook
    01-18-12 05:35 PM
    Totally agree with everyone else. Sell the "pad" and make some cash. It is ultimately up to you, but you'll definitely make more money selling the maxi "pad".
    01-18-12 05:41 PM
    Stick with your initial plan. Your friends shouldn't be the deciding factor to what you want to do.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    01-18-12 05:49 PM
    Sell your friend and get a new one??
    hpjrt, menaknow, taylortbb and 2 others like this.
    01-18-12 06:36 PM
    Here's the thing...
    This is a BB forum. That means most in here are partial to BB platform.
    If you go to a ipad forum, you'll likely find most there are partial to the ipad.

If someone should suggest you sell one or the other, and you have regrets, that wouldn't be good.

The answer is in you. Which do YOU want to sell?
    That is true but in the end she needs money. She sound happy with the Playbook so the only right answer is to sell the ipad. If the friends like the ipad so much then maybe you can sell it to them.

James
    01-18-12 07:10 PM
    Why don't you keep the one you prefer...

If it can make you feel better, anyone stating the PB is a piece of crappy garbage is a stupid ignorant that knows sh1t about technology...
    barskin likes this.
    01-18-12 07:11 PM
    I'll give you $100 for your PB.
    01-18-12 07:43 PM
    I have both the Playbook and the iPad. I'd sell the Playbook and keep the iPad. Both are good, but screen size makes a world of difference.
    01-18-12 08:22 PM
    Sell your friend and get a new one??
    hahaha. so true opinions of friends can lead to stupid choices.
    bitek likes this.
    01-18-12 08:37 PM
    Sell the iPad to get more cash for it before the iPad 3 hits. If you find that the Playbook doesn't suit your needs later, then you can buy the same iPad for less or pony up and get the latest one.

The Playbook's price probably won't go any lower, unless RIM completely tanks. With any luck, OS2 will reinvigorate the Playbook's demand and prices will go up a bit, like $249-$299 for 16 GB.
    01-18-12 08:43 PM
    Wait till OS2 and then decide

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-18-12 08:43 PM
    You said you need the money. You know what is going to give you more money, and also you know which of the brands releases a new version every 10-12 months. Prices go down when new versions come out.

Your call. =)
    01-18-12 08:55 PM
    both have pros and cons... do u play cheesy games?? are u 75 and have trouble seeing??? dont prefer true portability??? hate 1/2 the websites out there??? are u insecure??? then u should really keep the ipad
    RicThot likes this.
    01-18-12 08:59 PM
    Maybe your opinion should be based on size? The playbook can be very handy with it's 7" form...
    01-18-12 09:00 PM
    I have both the Playbook and the iPad. I'd sell the Playbook and keep the iPad. Both are good, but screen size makes a world of difference.
    Screen size does make a difference. I couldn't fit a ipad in my winter coat pocket.

If your talking screen size you can't just pick one with out knowing what someone will use it for and where. For some a 10" screen would make more sense for some but others it wouldn't.

James
    01-18-12 09:02 PM

I own a 32GB Playbook.

I do not get it. if you like pb better then sell ipad. who cares what your friends have to say.
    hpjrt likes this.
    01-18-12 09:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD