I know it's possible to backup ALL app data, and restore it later, but what if I only want to restore the data of a couple of apps? I have a 16GB PB and it's practically full all the time, but I have a few large games taking up space that I don't play too often, but I don't want to delete them in case I want them back in the future, but then have to restart the games because my save data is gone. And I can't restore a full backup, because then i'd lose apps installed since the backup etc.

So is there anyway to do this? Some option I've missed in the desktop manager software?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer, although I'm not holding out too much hope.
    04-15-13 04:31 PM
    I don't think it is possible and the app data may be in a directory we do not have access to when connected to a PC.
    04-15-13 04:51 PM
    That is a complaint with the Desktop software. There is no selective backup OR restore.
    04-15-13 06:36 PM
    I thought as much, but just had to check. Ah well.
    04-16-13 04:17 AM
    I would be thankful a restore works at all, in any form. I have never been able to successfully restore my PlayBook 64 gb from backup (either with the Desktop Manager or BlackBerry Link.) Backups seem to be created ok -- but a restore never, ever succeeds, either selective or full (not even restoring just 'settings'.)

I have tried following various forum advice, but all to no avail -- I wind up restoring apps by re-installing them, any app-created data or settings is gone.
    gwinegarden likes this.
    04-22-13 10:32 AM
    Well that is rather disheartening. I guess I better hope I never need to restore a backup then...
    04-22-13 11:16 AM
    I'm in the same boat! I want to wipe the data from my old Bold 9700 and then restore a single app that I downloaded in App World that is not available on BB10. In BDM6, wasn't it possible to backup your third party apps and then selectively restore them? I did a full backup in BDS7 (and also tried backing data up using the Switch Devices tool), but when I do a selective restore, I don't see the apps in the list. Of course if I select Applications from the left-hand menu in BDS7, I see the applications.

What if I install BDM6 on a different computer (or in XP Mode so as not to interfere with BDS7), would that version accomplish what I am trying to do?

Normally I would simply reinstall the app via App World, but there is some app data that I don't want to lose (it's a bunch of chess puzzles, some of which I have solved, some of which I haven't). What about copying the .rem files of the App World folder of the app to my computer, reinstalling the app via App World and then copying the .rem files back to the Blackberry?

Thank you in advance!

PS: As my question is more or less identical to the original poster (and the solution could be helpful), I wasn't sure whether to post a new thread. I am familiar with the expression "hijacking a thread" and if I am guilty of that I apologize.
    05-04-13 12:01 AM
    This is the pb forum. But it sounds as if your question is related to a bb phone?

At least, with the pb, Selective Backup and Restore for individual apps is not possible. At one time, I thought there were tools that could backup COD files for bb phones but I have not done that in ages.
    05-04-13 12:47 AM
    Sorry, yes my question relates to my Blackberry Bold and not the Playbook. I have started a thread in the correct forum.
    05-04-13 01:30 AM
    Fwiw on the BlackBerry 10 devices as long as the third digit in the os version hasn't changed, I've been able to restore after installing a leaked os.
    09-16-13 07:03 AM