I'm having trouble being able to select, copy or paste text. I know youre supposed to press the screen slightly and the little option section pops up ... but thisa rarelyt happens when I press the screen.
    Is there a trick to it ... press it hartder? longer? wiggle your finger a bit?
    Does it work in emails or only with word to go?
    Im baffled getting someting so basic to work properly.
    Thansk
    11-09-11 06:44 AM
    I have found this to be tricky too. It seems to work in all the text programs on the PB, but I maybe wrong. I have found it hard and frustrating to get right. I don't think there is some big secret, but there will be some good tips here.
    kingzogofalbania likes this.
    11-09-11 06:54 AM
    When I can't get it to select where I want it I select text from another part of the page and move the pointers. I share your frustration.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 06:57 AM
    Is there a trick to it ... press it hartder? longer? wiggle your finger a bit? Does it work in emails or only with word to go?
    Hold it down a bit longer. It's not just by pressing on the screen. Then the handles and the options should pop up. I've found that it works wherever there is text on webpages (so emails within the browser and bridge emails too) and word to go... couldn't say about other apps. Is there a specific app you're trying to get it to work for?
    11-09-11 07:17 AM
    Hold it down a bit longer. It's not just by pressing on the screen. Then the handles and the options should pop up. I've found that it works wherever there is text on webpages (so emails within the browser and bridge emails too) and word to go... couldn't say about other apps. Is there a specific app you're trying to get it to work for?

Im trying to get it to work with emails ... to copy a web site address from, the browser ... and then copy t into an email
    11-09-11 07:49 AM
    You don't actually "press the screen- you touch it and hold it for a second or two - perhaps that is your problem - it has nothing to do with pressure, just the amount of time you hold your finger on the screen. Also, it doesn't work everywhere.
    11-09-11 08:57 AM
    Are you on a corporate phone (BES)? There may be limitations on what can be copied/pasted in email from some other threads where folks have had issues.

I just opened the browser, pressed/held on the url bar and the SELECT menu came up. Then in an email reply, Press/held and the PASTE option opened.

I'm a BIS/private bb phone.
    11-09-11 09:41 AM
    Im trying to get it to work with emails ... to copy a web site address from, the browser ... and then copy t into an email
    Yep, just hold it a bit longer. Links can copy and paste into Hotmail messages and Bridge messages. I assume the other email clients will work just the same.
    11-09-11 09:44 AM
    You cant copy from emails while just viewing. You must edit them by replying or forwarding. Then it works perfectly.
    11-09-11 09:52 AM
    Are you on a corporate phone (BES)? There may be limitations on what can be copied/pasted in email from some other threads where folks have had issues.

I just opened the browser, pressed/held on the url bar and the SELECT menu came up. Then in an email reply, Press/held and the PASTE option opened.

I'm a BIS/private bb phone.

nope, i'm not on a corporate phone. i can get it to work for url's ... but cant seem to get it to work on the text within an email.
    11-09-11 09:58 AM
    Place your finger on the text itself and leave it there for two seconds and the copy/paste utility will pop up.
    11-09-11 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD