I get dozens an hour - but when I get to go to the Playbook I am unaware of how to delete more than 1 at a time. I did learn to swipe down, to show the select dotted icon, and then to select emails one by one by one....but when I've got hundreds it gets so so tedious. I've yet to find like a "Delete prior...� button...

How do you delete hundreds at once

Jim
    03-08-12 05:59 PM
    That is the only way currently. However with practice you'll find you can sort of swipe/select them several at a time, as many as are showing on the current screen.
    03-08-12 06:14 PM
    If you use two fingers, it will select all of the ones in between your touches.
    03-08-12 06:30 PM
    If you use two fingers, it will select all of the ones in between your touches.
    I just tried that. Doesn't work for me.
    03-08-12 06:35 PM
    Swipe down from the top bezel, tap Select, then the 2 finger select works.

You can even scroll down and continue to select.
    03-08-12 07:11 PM
    Just swipe down from the top, then choose select. Once you do that you are able to select more than one at a time for deletion.
    03-08-12 07:16 PM
    Swipe down from the top bezel, tap Select, then the 2 finger select works.

You can even scroll down and continue to select.
    Thanks, it seemed clear at the time, since the OP was familiar with Select.
    03-08-12 07:34 PM
    This is why the playbook was a total flop! I don't really have anything good to say about it other than "It's a tablet oh and it was DIRT CHEAP".

I think 'm going to trade mine in for the Samsung while I have the chance. Since buying this lame tablet, when I try to do the most simple of things such as select all e-mails, I always get such sappy answers with (Blackberry Pride) and (false hope) saying "UNFORTUNATLY" "No You Can't" "Not an option" etc.... Let's just face it, this thing is a total piece of garbage like the majority of the worlds population stated it was and move on.... Even RIM said it was a total flop on their behalf.
    10-25-12 05:14 PM
    This is why the playbook was a total flop! I don't really have anything good to say about it other than "It's a tablet oh and it was DIRT CHEAP".
    It's a flop because you have to read instructions?
    Nah, that can't be it...

...when I try to do the most simple of things such as select all e-mails, I always get such sappy answers with (Blackberry Pride) and (false hope) saying "UNFORTUNATLY" "No You Can't" "Not an option" etc..
    Did you read the thread?
    There were a couple of answers on how to select multiple emails.
    bungaboy and meganVee like this.
    10-25-12 05:29 PM

I think 'm going to trade mine in for the Samsung while I have the chance. Since buying this lame tablet, when I try to do the most simple of things such as select all e-mails, I always get such sappy answers with (Blackberry Pride) and (false hope) saying "UNFORTUNATLY" "No You Can't" "Not an option" etc.... Let's just face it, this thing is a total piece of garbage like the majority of the worlds population stated it was and move on.... Even RIM said it was a total flop on their behalf.
    Bye!!! See Ya!! Toodles!!

Funny, I seem to be able to make it work fine.

10-25-12 05:35 PM
    I don't usually have hundreds of emails at a time and was a little bothered by there not being a "select all" function in the email app. But I do appreciate the information of being able to two-finger select multiple emails. This will suffice me. However, I can understand this wouldn't be very helpful for someone who has "hundreds of emails" at a time. That being said, a lot of Androids don't have a "select all" function in the email app either. Google's own Nexus phones don't have a "select all" function - including the latest Jelly Bean OS. One by one selection of emails is the way in them.
    10-25-12 05:56 PM
    I get dozens an hour - but when I get to go to the Playbook I am unaware of how to delete more than 1 at a time. I did learn to swipe down, to show the select dotted icon, and then to select emails one by one by one....but when I've got hundreds it gets so so tedious. I've yet to find like a "Delete prior...” button...

How do you delete hundreds at once

Jim
    If you're using the Bridged Email app then you can only delete 1 at a time.

If you're using the Native Email app then you can use the Select method as described in posts above.

What email app are you using?
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-25-12 05:56 PM
    Not many of us get so many emails that we have to delete hundreds at a time. Seems like a special problem. Would be nice to have check boxes to speed up the process of deletion. Nexus7 has this as does my computer. Glory be don't get your blood pressure up. Get another tab if it'll calm you down.
    10-25-12 06:48 PM
    *facepalm*

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ THE FREAKING THREAD!!!

The problem has been solved already! swipe down while in native email hit select touch the first email then while holding it touch the last one on the page. hit the trash can.

No more emails. Repeat this as necessary.

GOODNESS GRIEF
    10-25-12 07:38 PM
    Not many of us get so many emails that we have to delete hundreds at a time.
    It's called "running a business."

The problem has been solved already! swipe down while in native email hit select touch the first email then while holding it touch the last one on the page. hit the trash can.

Hahahaaha wow you and your need to delete a few emails at a time. I run a law office. If I leave the office for a couple of hours I come back to 50 new emails. When I originally synced my PB to my mail server, it downloaded 7500 emails. Which I then had to go through and mark read the way you suggest. Took an hour, and I was pissed. That hour of my time could have bought 2 new PBs.
    10-25-12 08:17 PM
    *facepalm*

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ THE FREAKING THREAD!!!

GOODNESS GRIEF
    True. But that only deletes how many fit on a screen, which is what, 20? Delete prior or select all prior/delete would be a bit faster for hundreds.

It helps though, yes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-25-12 08:30 PM
    thats only because your part of a cult and finally once in your life you are accepted and have a voice. take a bow. Your a big shot on here! I have to go join the ranks of the "Real World" people.

Ta Ta

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-25-12 08:42 PM
    thats only because your part of a cult and finally once in your life you are accepted and have a voice. take a bow. Your a big shot on here! I have to go join the ranks of the "Real World" people.

Ta Ta

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Baaa baaaaa, oops, I meant bye bye.

Enjoy your flock.
    10-25-12 09:15 PM
    If I leave the office for a couple of hours I come back to 50 new emails.
    If you regularly receive 25 emails an hour you obviously don't read and respond to each.
    Start doing some filtering before receiving the email.

This isn't a solution to your Playbook question but it may lower some stress.
    10-26-12 04:45 AM
    True. But that only deletes how many fit on a screen, which is what, 20? ...
    As Ottawagabe wrote above, you can continue selecting while scrolling, so you can select more lines than fit on one screen.

See the second half of this message for a summary on deleting multiple messages:

| http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...02-post7226443
    10-26-12 06:59 AM
    If you're using the Bridged Email app then you can only delete 1 at a time.

If you're using the Native Email app then you can use the Select method as described in posts above.

What email app are you using?
    I have no problem doing the procedure with my messages bridged.
    10-26-12 09:54 AM
    It's called "running a business."

Hahahaaha wow you and your need to delete a few emails at a time. I run a law office. If I leave the office for a couple of hours I come back to 50 new emails. When I originally synced my PB to my mail server, it downloaded 7500 emails. Which I then had to go through and mark read the way you suggest. Took an hour, and I was pissed. That hour of my time could have bought 2 new PBs.
    Wow! You must be a fast reader. You need a laptop style app which will work better than a little-bitty tablet app. Maybe Android or Apple can give you one. So far the Android apps on the Nexus 7 are not as good as the BBPB with the exception of a check box feature which can speed up selective deletion. Don't know about Apple. Win8 may be your answer. Running a business - have to admit I never did. Could you access a browser which would take you to a better mailbox? For example: Yahoo has a check all box. I reached my Yahoo account easily with the browser. You can set an icon on the dtab to make it quick.

Started on my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Finished on my BlackBerry PlayBook using Crackberry
    Last edited by jpash549bb; 10-26-12 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Addition
    10-26-12 02:40 PM
    Besides the shortcut described above by Koolwater, have you considered unsubscribing to some of those places that send you advertising email?
    10-28-12 12:50 AM
    I have no problem doing the procedure with my messages bridged.
    hi Bob, not sure what you mean ...... but what I mean is that if you are using the PB's bridged email program then you can't delete more than 1 email at a time. If you want to delete more than one then you will need to use your BB phone.
    10-28-12 03:00 AM
    I'm this threads OP...and the only way I've found to delete multiples is to use the two finger method and I turn the orientation to portrait to be able to select as many as possible. Still bugs me that RIM wouldn't have allowed users to Select All as an option...

Real pain in the ....RIM....you listening ???

;-(
    10-28-12 08:49 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD