Okay so originally this was a thread asking for tech help, but I fixed my own problem with a little bit of patience so I'll change it to what I was thinking about earlier today. (Could someone change the title? I feel so dumb.)

When you originally bought your PB what did you plan to use it for and now that you've had it for awhile, what do you actually use it for?

When I bought mine I had dreams of never turning on my computer again. It was going to be my internet/word processing/video watching/game playing machine.

I got mine about a month after release and found I used it a lot less than I thought I would. I had to start making myself use it because I was just too into the habit of doing everything with my phone.

Now I do use it for internet, and for reading books, which I never thought I would. My PB also spends the majority of the time in my kitchen as my recipe database. Overall I'd say I'm using it for less than I intended to but it's actually found a more unique position in my collection of gadgets. I do use it for some of the things I originally thought I would, but not as often as I thought.

How about everyone else?
    Last edited by goaliegirl33; 05-11-12 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Solved my own problem, changed the thread.
    05-11-12 01:40 AM
    Actually, I'm not sure what my initial thoughts or purposes about the pb were. I was attracted by its link to the bbphone. I only once touched a Xoom but never an ipad, so tablets were not on my wish list.

It has replaced my living room laptop which is tucked under a chair as a spontaneous lookup device. It allows me to check things on the web, news, weather, stuff. But also is a much easier email device and a larger email device than my bbphone.

It also travels much better than my laptop but has a smaller screen. Also the laptop, being a windows computer, has more other tools, movie/photo editing, stuff like that.

It is definitely a more fun tool than my laptop. It will not really replace my desktop computer with tons of "tools" as well as a 22 inch screen and full size keyboard and mouse.
    05-11-12 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD