Looking for pro's and con's about getting a Playbook now while the prices are very good or waiting until the 4G units come out. Would it be worth the wait and I'm guessing the price increase as well.
    Thank you!
    10-02-12 03:08 PM
    Pros of getting it now = cheap as chips.
    Cons = none.
    The 4g PB isn't worth the extra dollar imo. If you desperately need 4g and the extra 500mhz in the processor, and don't mind the extra cost, there's no point in waiting. The prices for the 4g PB isn't likely to drop (much) as RIM wont have overstocked it like they did with the original PB. They now expect its "failure" in the market so they wont make millions (hyperbole?) that will then be written off. The only reason the original PB is so cheap is because they made too many basically, they wont make the same mistake twice.
    I realise ive made this extremely convoluted, I get carried away.
    1in8twst likes this.
    10-02-12 03:14 PM
    4G playbook is out. If you already have a BB and/or plan to get a BB10 device, save your money and get the Wifi only version. You get the same benefits minus the 500mHz extra in the processor.
    1in8twst likes this.
    10-02-12 04:26 PM
    I'm definitley planning on getting BB10. I just hadn't seen that the 4G was out already. I guess I have some more research to do.
    Thanks so much for the info everyone. Most appreciated.
    10-02-12 04:56 PM
    I'm definitley planning on getting BB10. I just hadn't seen that the 4G was out already. I guess I have some more research to do.
    Thanks so much for the info everyone. Most appreciated.
    You hit the nail on the head do your research and you won't be sorry no matter which way you go.
    If price point is an issue you can't get more bang for your buck then the pb.
    Good luck on your research and purchase.
    Stewartj1, Ben1232 and 1in8twst like this.
    10-02-12 05:20 PM
    4g PlayBook released in the States yet?
    10-02-12 06:44 PM
    Thanks for everyone's thoughts and suggestions. Ordered my PB this morning. I'm thinking this should help keep me busy while waiting for BB10 to get here.
    10-05-12 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD