So a few days ago I had to wipe my playbook as I had forgotten my password for my wifi sharing. When I reinstalled everything it seemed to be working perfectly till today when I noticed that if I get an email...say a subscribed thread from crackberry...that has a link in it I can not click on the link and go to the site/thread. It worked before the security wipe and now it does not. Any ideas? Also I lost my sample HD video too....I want it back!!

Thanks
    04-27-11 03:20 PM
    trying to do a security wipe again to see if the links in my bridge emails will come back again. Is this happening to anyone else?
    04-27-11 03:47 PM
    No Go...I am lost....was I imagining that it worked before? Can people open links in their bridge email?
    04-27-11 04:12 PM
    Links in Emails NEVER worked for me, are you sure it has ever worked? It's ridiculous, and on top of that, copy and paste does not work in Emails (at least for me?) so I have literaly NO option to open a link in an email.
    04-27-11 04:22 PM
    I am starting to think that I was dreaming for those 3 glorious days!! LOL I really am not sure anymore. I now that before the 1710 update they did not work but I am almost positive that when the 1710 update came they started to work. Then when I did the security wipe they do not work again Maybe they never worked though...I am 99% sure they did though
    04-27-11 04:54 PM
    Links have never worked on either of the playbooks we have. I heard it doesn't work for anyone.
    04-27-11 05:09 PM
    It's official...I have lost it! Thanks guys I just figures I lost the links with the darn HD video that came on it. Wish they had this for download too.
    04-27-11 05:47 PM
    My pb is bridged to my 9650/Bold.

I just tapped on links in two separate email messages and they opened.

What I did notice the other day was that I had sent what I thought were links, that is they were in the http:..... format but they were merely TEXT and not actual links. I knew that I had tapped on some links that worked so I investigated and found that my email program was set to send TEXT and not html mail. So my "links" were not active links but just plain text and did not work as links.

I believe that my BB phone works on those same text links. So maybe the pb is more sensitive about formats.

YUP.

I just sent myself two separate messages.

Both using the same paste of The top news headlines on current events from Yahoo! News

(oh, it seems CB changed what I expected to be text into a live link in this message: xttp://news.yahoo.com/ so I changed the first h to x)

But I sent one using my email programs plain text and the second using its html-and-text option. (I use TheBat which allows one to create email in plain text or html or combo)

The links in both messages are active on my 9650/Bold. But on the pb, only the link created using the html-txt format is an active link that I can click on in the pb. The second message merely shows that link I posted above as text and I canNOT click on it.
    Last edited by F2; 04-27-11 at 06:05 PM.
    04-27-11 06:01 PM
    My pb is bridged to my 9650/Bold.

I just tapped on links in two separate email messages and they opened.

What I did notice the other day was that I had sent what I thought were links, that is they were in the http:..... format but they were merely TEXT and not actual links. I knew that I had tapped on some links that worked so I investigated and found that my email program was set to send TEXT and not html mail. So my "links" were not active links but just plain text and did not work as links.

I believe that my BB phone works on those same text links. So maybe the pb is more sensitive about formats.

YUP.

I just sent myself two separate messages.

Both using the same paste of The top news headlines on current events from Yahoo! News

(oh, it seems CB changed what I expected to be text into a live link in this message: xttp://news.yahoo.com/ so I changed the first h to x)

But I sent one using my email programs plain text and the second using its html-and-text option. (I use TheBat which allows one to create email in plain text or html or combo)

The links in both messages are active on my 9650/Bold. But on the pb, only the link created using the html-txt format is an active link that I can click on in the pb. The second message merely shows that link I posted above as text and I canNOT click on it.
    Ok i knew they worked before. on my torch if there is a link in the email it works but if i look on my PB in bridge they are not live links. Can you check, if you have subscriptions from crackberry forums, if you can link from the bridge on your PB please?
    04-27-11 06:48 PM
    I think you are right. I believe it is only the crackberry forums that I am not able to use the hyperlinks...seems like all other links are working fine. Thanks for letting me know what you had done.
    04-27-11 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD