What is security wipe and why is this feature killing PB? I read a post where a user extend the battery life by doing a security wipe after that I have read two post where PB users are doing security wipes to correct a problems to no avail. What am I missing here?
    12-18-11 05:43 PM
    "Doing a Security Wipe restores the PlayBook to its factory out of the box settings, removing all data, apps and media from the PlayBook itself."

I believe those posters were using the 2.0 BETA OS on the Playbook?
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-18-11 at 05:55 PM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-18-11 05:51 PM
    "Doing a Security Wipe restores the PlayBook to its factory out of the box settings, removing all data, apps and media from the PlayBook itself."

I believe those posters were using the 2.0 BETA OS on the Playbook?
    I could be wrong but a good deal of issues I have read seem to revolved around noob using OS2 which is strictly for developers.
    12-18-11 06:56 PM
    12-18-11 07:28 PM
    All the more reason to steer clear of Beta software, apps, games, etc.....
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-18-11 07:34 PM
    Often a playbook appears bricked when it is not - have a look through the tips and tricks for newbies section, link beneath my post, - I've never experienced this bricking but understand it can be debricked through desktop manager, if not by just the three finger reset and a good charge and some patience.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-18-11 07:51 PM
    It is written in the code, for devices like blackberries or iDevices not to fail.

There is always the 1 last thing that always works, when nothing else will.

With apple, it's restore/DFU
    With blackberry, it's security wipe.

As for OS 2, the latest. .6149 is pretty stable compared to what people say about older OS 2 versions
    12-18-11 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD