Last week I got an email from Blackberry saying they locked my account for too maany log in attempts. Now I hadn't tried logging in even once. I told my wife to watch the account. Today I got a call from my bank, someone attempted a small charge in California, followed by a large charge in Spain. My bank caught it and closed the card out. My question, do you think the two are related, and how do you gaurd against this. I hate using Paypal.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-01-12 08:43 AM
    if you are on OS2.0 then there is a separate issue with the BBID been locked. There are recent threads on this you can search.

If you are OS1.0.8 then yes, I would guess that someone did try to log in with your account. It happened to me. After a lot of sweat I did manage to change the BBID without losing anything on the PB.
    But as I was trying to do so I did change the credit card on my app world account, so that it does not get hacked. You can easily do these changes by going to the app world from your BB phone.

I cannot say for sure whether the incidents are related in your case, its likely. But I do not use paypal so I am limited in my input. I suggest its better to use a CC than paypal.

At the end these kind of things happen, whats important is how fast we act to minimize the damage (which you did).
    Last edited by anindoc; 02-01-12 at 11:25 AM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-01-12 09:29 AM
    I use paypal and so far never a problem with it. I use paypal because they are suppose to offer protection and help with these things.
    02-01-12 09:51 AM
    I don't have 2.0, I changed my password to hopefully something that will be stronger. My Credit Union watches this for us. It probably is a good reminder to change up your passwords now and then.
    02-01-12 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD