Hi folks
    I am wondering is there a way I can set a security code on the file management system. I have important info on my docs to go sheets and sort of need to add extra security.

Thanks
    12-21-12 07:25 PM
    1. You can add a password so that prying hands can't login to your playbook.
    Security -> Password
    - enable a password and enable locking after X minutes

Additionally, and this is something I have not seen in other tablets, you can ...
    2. opt to encrypt the entire userspace. So if someone stole your Playbook, they would not be able to bypass your screen password by removing the drive from the unit, mounting it on another system and forensically getting data off as they can on any filesystem with no encryption.
    Security -> Encryption
    -Click Encryption

Doing both of these ensures that the only time your data is useable is when your drive is in your Playbook and unlocked.
    12-21-12 07:45 PM
    Okay thank you, only got it so still learning few things about it
    12-21-12 08:00 PM
    No problem. This feature was newly put into 2.1 update so even older RIM KB articles need to be updated
    KB27707-Security of work and personal data on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
    Does the tablet encrypt personal data?

No.
    See this RIM blog for the new features in 2.1, including personal data encryption
    The BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 Software Update is Here, Bringing With it New Features for Business Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    Full device encryption, including personal data

From the Options menu on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, you can now enable “Full Device Encryption” by navigating to Security and then Encryption. This secures the data on both the work and personal perimeters of the device with AES 256-bit encryption for ultimate data protection.
    In my opinion, RIM should shout these things out in a technical journal as differentiating features, rather than just settling for vendor apps like Angry Birds to get people excited.
    12-21-12 08:59 PM
    In my opinion, RIM should shout these things out in a technical journal as differentiating features, rather than just settling for vendor apps like Angry Birds to get people excited.
    Absolutely correct.
    12-21-12 10:14 PM