For the past month or two I have gone to bed putting my pb in standby on the bed side table only to be woken up in the middle of the night with several Internet windows open and running as well as apps? What the heck is going on here? Even more of a concern the webpages pulled up and running are normally sites that are password protected and they are always at the change my password screen. For instance last night it was all mail which I don't use and wells Fargo which I do use. What is making this happen and how can I stop it? A few weeks back walmart.com was even pulled up, there were items in the shopping cart, and it was trying to check out as in hopes that I had saved credit card info there or something? Keep in mind when I go to bed at night I always make sure all apps are closed and all Web sessions are closed as well.

I'm totally at a loss and everywhere I seem to look I cannot find anyone with anything close to the same problems I am experiencing.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    saint613 likes this.
    01-07-13 10:17 PM
    Also, when this happens once am always awaken by music either from a website or panoramic or even the music I have loaded on my phone playing
    01-07-13 10:19 PM
    Call Ghostbusters.

555-2368
    pickles#WP, heppyX, sosof and 1 others like this.
    01-07-13 10:25 PM
    this is beyond crackberry , you need to contact paranormal society at Penn state. Music from your phone playing on your PlayBook??? I wish my bridge could up and connect itself and launch songs...that would be so awesome
    01-07-13 10:58 PM
    this sounds more like an identity theft issue rather than a playbook security one,,, if i were you i'd call EVERYONE, banks, card holders, even Rim; notify them of suspicious activity,,,, change ALL passwords/security questions & close out unnecessary accounts,,, cut up old cards & get new ones,,, NOW!!!
    01-07-13 11:36 PM
    Me thinks someone is yanking your chain...have you ticked off any computer engineers lately?
    01-07-13 11:37 PM
    Has the OP installed any Google Android applications on their BlackBerry PlayBook? Regardless of the answer I recommend manually backing up only data files (documents, music, photographs, movies), performing a security wipe, and reinstalling the BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 software onto the tablet. Afterwards, reinstall only non-Android BlackBerry PlayBook applications and leave the tablet running for a week to verify whether the original issue persists. Once the tablet is functioning normally without any paranormal activity you can manually copy the data files to the tablet.

If all else fails, contact The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS)
    00stryder likes this.
    01-07-13 11:41 PM
    While the pb can go a bit haywire in the presence of Plasma TV's, those globes that show off mini-lightning bolts and even poorly grounded electric sockets, the fact that you see too specific links pressed or data entered is interesting or more than that. Hate to ask, but any sleep walking in the family? Sleeping medications - ambien has had interesting side affects.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-07-13 11:51 PM
    While the pb can go a bit haywire in the presence of Plasma TV's, those globes that show off mini-lightning bolts and even poorly grounded electric sockets, the fact that you see too specific links pressed or data entered is interesting or more than that. Hate to ask, but any sleep walking in the family? Sleeping medications - ambien has had interesting side affects.
    OFF TOPIC: what issues are caused by plasma tv's??? i've been lookin' @ them lately...
    01-08-13 12:11 AM
    Does this happen during the day? Or just mysterious at night? Somehow I think that there is a very simple answer. When I put my PB to bed, I will turn off the BT and Wifi, so I do not get awoken when email's are received, etc.
    01-08-13 06:49 AM
    This was documented on this site as an issue early on in the playbooks life cycle with the charging dock, random apps opening etc., I haven't seen it since a couple of OS updates ago on my PB though.
    01-08-13 08:24 AM
    OFF TOPIC: what issues are caused by plasma tv's??? i've been lookin' @ them lately...
    Here is what F2 is talking about:
    I don't have this problem with my plasma. It may have something to do with the power supply in the TV.

I have experienced this when I charge the PB in the same area I charge all my other electronic devices.
    OP: is there other electronics in the area of the PB when this happens? I would try to charge in a different area and see if it continues.
    Ben1232, purple_bb, FF22 and 2 others like this.
    01-08-13 08:26 AM
    Thanks, Chaddface. I had not seen the video in a while and forgot it was also orchestrated!
    01-08-13 09:24 AM
    Tesla is controlling playbooks from his grave... Freaky.
    axllebeer and Bobert_123 like this.
    01-08-13 09:34 AM
    Sleep web browsing.....
    01-08-13 10:19 AM
    Thanks, Chaddface. I had not seen the video in a while and forgot it was also orchestrated!
    I remember another video that showed a PB going nuts when the person set it down on top of a macbook. I couldn't find that one.
    01-08-13 11:51 AM
    Have you got kids? ;-)
    sosof likes this.
    01-08-13 12:29 PM
    There could be a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo close to where you store your PB at night. I don't know what kind of house you live in, but if you're in a semi-detached or an apartment, or a condo... chances are, your house layout is exactly your neighbor's opposite. So your bedroom would be right next to your neighbor's bedroom... Even if there is a thick wall in between the 2 rooms, some signals will still go through.

Have you got a BB phone running bridge? Could someone in your house be using your phone to control your playbook?

Within the current context I laid out... here's a scenario for the Walmart shopping cart.
    Guy next door is sitting in bed using a Bluetooth device to control whatever he has.
    He goes on Walmart.com, adds stuff to his cart and gets ready to check out. Meanwhile, the signal makes it to your PB and everything he does on his device gets replicated on your PB.(For all you know, that guy may also be using a Playbook)
    Now, said guy has to enter his credit card info. So he gets out of bed, walks to the kitchen and completes his order.

Because he got out of bed and walked away, the signal your PB was catching is no longer strong enough to be read and the last thing you see is where he was when he walked away.

This is pure speculation.
    Last edited by blaze_125; 01-08-13 at 12:43 PM.
    01-08-13 12:30 PM
    I had a similar experience over Xmas where my playbook went nuts trying to load and open different programs. All I did was try to put it on charge. I had bought my wife an RC helicopter ( cough cough ) and was charging it in the same receptacle as my playbook. Turns out that the proximity of the RC charger to the playbook was the culprit.

You may be experiencing electronic interference.

Hope this helps.
    01-08-13 12:54 PM
    It's not a playbook you have, it's an old win95 machine.
    01-08-13 01:36 PM
    It's not a playbook you have, it's an old win95 machine.
    lol yeah someone installed Back Orifice
    01-08-13 01:38 PM
    There could be a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo close to where you store your PB at night. I don't know what kind of house you live in, but if you're in a semi-detached or an apartment, or a condo... chances are, your house layout is exactly your neighbor's opposite. So your bedroom would be right next to your neighbor's bedroom... Even if there is a thick wall in between the 2 rooms, some signals will still go through.

Have you got a BB phone running bridge? Could someone in your house be using your phone to control your playbook?

Within the current context I laid out... here's a scenario for the Walmart shopping cart.
    Guy next door is sitting in bed using a Bluetooth device to control whatever he has.
    He goes on Walmart.com, adds stuff to his cart and gets ready to check out. Meanwhile, the signal makes it to your PB and everything he does on his device gets replicated on your PB.(For all you know, that guy may also be using a Playbook)
    Now, said guy has to enter his credit card info. So he gets out of bed, walks to the kitchen and completes his order.

Because he got out of bed and walked away, the signal your PB was catching is no longer strong enough to be read and the last thing you see is where he was when he walked away.

This is pure speculation.
    You would have to pair the BlueTooth device before it would function with the PB. And I'm not sure you can even connect to two devices simultaneously with BT.
    01-08-13 02:25 PM
    Has the original poster been back?
    01-08-13 02:35 PM
    He may be having too much fun reading the answers. Maybe his PB will post tonight.
    antiRIM, SPNKr, Toodeurep and 1 others like this.
    01-08-13 10:46 PM
    Has the original poster been back?
    As long as his/her PlayBook is not floating in the air by itself, I'm sure there is a technical word for that problem... and that can be solved without the need of spiritual interference...

Anyway, based on my personal experience, most of the software-related problems with PlayBook can be solved by security wipe and upgrading...
    01-09-13 02:43 AM
52 123