But in their accessories, they offer SD cards for the PB....
    yeagh i saw that but, i don't like sears anyways.
    ipad is sold at walmart...

walmart.
    i know right lol.
    03-11-11 08:30 PM
    ipad is sold at walmart...

walmart.
    Walmart sells a ton of electronics, including phones for all the major carriers. TV's, laptops, etc...they carry all of that, so they are a destination for electronics buyers that want the best price. You go to Sears for a washer and dryer, not a laptop or tablet. I have gotten electronics from Walmart, never from Sears...has anybody else on this forum gone to Sears in Canada to make such a purchase?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 08:33 PM
    Clearing up my original post

BlackBerry PlayBook Launch

That link gets you an email with details. i'm so excited i signed up and i live in usa! hahahha
    03-11-11 08:39 PM
    03-11-11 08:44 PM
    i have never bought electronics from walmart
    maybe sear is trying to make a push into electronics and it will only be available on line and another thing a lot of people got sears cards
    03-11-11 08:59 PM
    Walmart sells a ton of electronics, including phones for all the major carriers. TV's, laptops, etc...they carry all of that, so they are a destination for electronics buyers that want the best price. You go to Sears for a washer and dryer, not a laptop or tablet. I have gotten electronics from Walmart, never from Sears...has anybody else on this forum gone to Sears in Canada to make such a purchase?

I've priced matched plasma TV's at sears. Not a big deal.

Do the crap-tastic magnavox products at walmart "scream electronics mecca"?

sears sells a bunch of electronics too.
    phonegeek#AC likes this.
    03-11-11 09:00 PM
    i have never bought electronics from walmart
    maybe sear is trying to make a push into electronics and it will only be available on line and another thing a lot of people got sears cards
    or maybe RIM is trying to sell through anyone they can!
    03-11-11 09:00 PM
    Wow I learned a new word today!!! crap-tastic....

Many thanks!

PG
    03-11-11 09:16 PM
    I've priced matched plasma TV's at sears. Not a big deal.

sears sells a bunch of electronics too.
    They actually sell Samsung, LG, Sony and Toshiba TV's. For laptops and computers, mostly Acer and Toshiba. They also carry Apple products as well as smartphones for all the majpr carriers. They are a major sales channel for the big electronics giants...I highly doubt Sears has the same reach.

03-11-11 09:41 PM
    They actually sell Samsung, LG, Sony and Toshiba TV's. For laptops and computers, mostly Acer and Toshiba. They also carry Apple products as well as smartphones for all the majpr carriers. They are a major sales channel for the big electronics giants...I highly doubt Sears has the same reach.

meh. Sears sells Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic tvs too. Sears USA sells computers from HP, acer, lenovo, Asus etc

bottom line is, its not like Sears is the exclusive dealer for Playbook. it's just another retail outlet.
    03-11-11 09:50 PM
    meh. Sears sells Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic tvs too. Sears USA sells computers from HP, acer, lenovo, Asus etc

bottom line is, its not like Sears is the exclusive dealer for Playbook. it's just another retail outlet.
    I know they sell them, but who actually goes there to buy them as a first-choice destination? My comment was that Sears seems like an unlikely partner for RIM for such a specialized product. I'm questioning the strategy behind the decision, and also why the first retailer to offer a preorder for a long awaited product is such an unlikely retailer?

03-11-11 09:56 PM
    I know they sell them, but who actually goes there to buy them as a first-choice destination? My comment was that Sears seems like an unlikely partner for RIM for such a specialized product. I'm questioning the strategy behind the decision, and also why the first retailer to offer a preorder for a long awaited product is such an unlikely retailer?

maybe its different in the US, but do people see walmart as a first choice destination for electronics?

anyway, the affiliate program referred to may mean it's not actually sold by Sears, but another company selling it through Sears' portal. The email is kind of odd to begin with.

That being said, we've already seen leaks of it being sold at Staples, Office Depot. And just in the last hour we've seen things showing up from Best Buy Canada and Future Shop (Basically the same as Best Buy). Chill, you won't have to buy it at the same place you buy your washer/dryer.
    03-11-11 10:37 PM

why not? sears' online store also has the xoom, ipad and galaxy tab. rim might as well sell the playbook there as well.

they may not be the only retailer to offer a preorder...could just be the other big retailers are better at keeping it under wraps? i guess we'll find out in a few hours...
    03-11-11 11:01 PM
    why not? sears' online store also has the xoom, ipad and galaxy tab. rim might as well sell the playbook there as well.

they may not be the only retailer to offer a preorder...could just be the other big retailers are better at keeping it under wraps? i guess we'll find out in a few hours...
    Sears Canada has none of those products on their site, the PB seems to be the one glaring exception. Other Canadians can attest to the fact that this is completely out of the character of the store.

03-11-11 11:13 PM
    Sears isn't even that bad of a place. I find that it's usually much better than Kmart (although they're affiliated), Walmart or even Target. I know that my local Sears has a fantastic high end electronic section and often has things that other places don't or is cheaper.
    03-11-11 11:13 PM

what's the big deal with it being at sears? so it may not be the top of the list when it comes to electronics retailers, but it's not like it will be the only place to get a playbook in canuckistahn. i never would think of buying electronics from sears, but it seems like it's chapping your sack far too much. like i said, maybe the other retailers are better at keeping the preorder details under wraps until tomorrow (err...today).

people were pissing and moaning, 'when's the release date???' then when there is a release date, 'it's being sold at the wrong stores.' just be freakin happy you can be on here posting about this stuff instead of dealing with the aftermath of an earthquake/tsunami...
    mookish likes this.
    03-11-11 11:21 PM
    Too much whinning in here. Whinning about RIM releasing the product 10 days or whatever too late. Whinning about RIM not releasing enough info so far. Whinning about freaking Sears versus Walmart. You guys should chill a bit.

Personally, I'm super glad Sears or whatever store is carrying the product. The more stores, the merrier. It shows RIM has been working hard to make the PB available in as many channels as possible. This is gonna be a much bigger launch than I expected. I thought availability for consumers, as opposed to enterprise buyers, was gonna be limited but looks like it's not the case.
    03-11-11 11:31 PM
    well i called sears again now they say its in there system as comming soon but you you can order without item number so no preorder or price today
    03-12-11 05:41 AM
    I declare this BOGUS!!!

BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet | Sears Canada

It simply says "coming soon" - which means nothing.
    03-12-11 06:53 AM
    Cmon who pre orders not knowing the date and price?
    03-12-11 07:17 AM
    I dont care where is going to be sell I just want to buy the ******* tablet.
    Well hope it goes to walmart I have a family member that gets 15% off in anything there and I will be in the US on april.

If this doesnt get out on april I'm getting a ipad2 **** it!!!!!

03-12-11 07:43 AM
    Thinking it better I dont want no ipad, just hope the playbook comes true in april!!!!

03-12-11 08:11 AM
    Sears Canada has none of those products on their site, the PB seems to be the one glaring exception. Other Canadians can attest to the fact that this is completely out of the character of the store.
    True dat. When people think media..NO ONE thinks Sears first..unless you're old and smell like mothballs. Is it a big deal that Sears is going to carry it? Not at all..but as acwyau stated..it's totally out of character for the store imo. Any Sears I've been in usually has a small piddly-asss section in some back corner of the store.

Maybe they're trying to up their "street cred"..who knows.
    03-12-11 08:21 AM
    So no one is happy it's not out yet now we are not thrilled that Sears will/may be an outlet??
    03-12-11 08:26 AM
    So no one is happy it's not out yet now we are not thrilled that Sears will/may be an outlet??
    we're just taking out our frustration on sears...
    03-12-11 11:13 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD