11-14-12 10:19 AM
85 ... 234
tools
    i'm thinking about buying one for my 16 gb but don't know how to set it up to the playbook? Also can you make a document on the pb and then save it to the GoFlex? And can you view documents on the PB that are on the GoFlex?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-23-12 06:29 AM
    i'm thinking about buying one for my 16 gb but don't know how to set it up to the playbook? Also can you make a document on the pb and then save it to the GoFlex? And can you view documents on the PB that are on the GoFlex?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Go to Seagates web site and read the material about the Goflex and watch the short videos about it. They will answer lots of your questions. It is not mentioned in Seagates advertising but there is an upload feature that allows you to upload documents, songs or videos from the PB to the Goflex. It works but it is very slow. The easiest way to put anything on the Goflex is to drag and drop while the Goflex is connected to your PC. Hope this answers some of your questions.
    isotack likes this.
    04-25-12 12:51 AM
    I have been following this thread with a great deal of interest. I recently bought the GoFlex and have successfully attached it to my PlayBook. I connect to the GoFlex through my browser.

I purchased the GoFlex in order to stream lossless .wav files to my PlayBook. So far, all is wonderful but for ONE thing: If I make a playlist and save it, the PlayBook says it can't find the app. Oddly enough, if I select one song at a time. the PlayBook has no problem playing the tune.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
    Loyd
    I have not previously used the Goflex for music. I added a few songs from my iTune library to the Goflex and played around with them. I was only able to view them using folder view and then only erratically. I was not able to make a playlist at all. The music player in the Goflex is strictly basic. This is probably not much help. If I learn anything new I will post it.
    04-25-12 12:56 AM
    I have not previously used the Goflex for music. I added a few songs from my iTune library to the Goflex and played around with them. I was only able to view them using folder view and then only erratically. I was not able to make a playlist at all. The music player in the Goflex is strictly basic. This is probably not much help. If I learn anything new I will post it.
    Thanks for trying. The issue does not appear to be the GoFlex. The music loads into the GoFlex without trouble. It is then sent wirelessly to the PlayBook where I can make playlists using the GoFlex program displayed on the PlayBook. When I try to play one of the saved lists, the PlayBook tells me that I don't have an app for playing back the saved lists. I would like to find the app that I need to play .wav files.

Oddly enough, when I load music directly into my PlayBook, it will play the music without issue, but I can't make playlists.

Cheers,
    Loyd
    04-25-12 08:29 AM
    Stuck in a hotel again for a while, so i thought let's try and get this puppy to work better.

I finally entered the realm of side-loading; side-loaded the PSX emulator that was posted a while ago, and then remembered that someone posted a link to the .bar file of the Android GoFlex app. See page 3 of this thread, a post made by CountOfGamble.

Uploaded the .bar to my playbook, restarted it for good measure.

Re-installed the 1.3.5 firmware on my 1.2 GoFlex

Booted up the GoFlex, connected my laptop to it, and using the crappy web interface managed to stream a couple of videos. These were short ones, but failed on and off (one even right before i upgraded to 1.3.5)

The main problem with the web interface is that only up to 12 characters of the filename are shown. If you sort by size, you will get more characters, but it's still not optimal. Thankks EWY for that tip.

After the PB was done booting, i connected to the GoFlex using WiFi. The app recognized the GoFlex immediately.

Browsing is very fast. The app shows the full filenames.

The app displays everything in portrait only.

Now, if you select a video, and you rotate the Playbook, the video will scale and play in landscape. Strange, but true.

I will keep on streaming for a while, to see if the intermittent stuttering / connection drops come back.

But so far, this combination is pretty much what i need.

Funny, if you play an mp3, then start browsing through folders - the mp3 keeps on playing in the background of the android app. You can start a video, stop the video, and the mp3 file starts playing again where it left off.
    Last edited by TheRealRoland; 05-01-12 at 09:25 PM. Reason: couple minor changes / incorrect name of checkbox
    05-01-12 09:04 PM
    Stuck in a hotel again for a while, so i thought let's try and get this puppy to work better.

I finally entered the realm of side-loading; side-loaded the PSX emulator that was posted a while ago, and then remembered that someone posted a link to the .bar file of the Android GoFlex app. See page 3 of this thread, a post made by CountOfGamble.

Uploaded the .bar to my playbook, restarted it for good measure.

Re-installed the 1.3.5 firmware on my 1.2 GoFlex

Booted up the GoFlex, connected my laptop to it, and using the crappy web interface managed to stream a couple of videos. These were short ones, but failed on and off (one even right before i upgraded to 1.3.5)

The main problem with the web interface is that only up to 12 characters of the filename are shown. If you sort by size, you will get more characters, but it's still not optimal. Thankks EWY for that tip.

After the PB was done booting, i connected to the GoFlex using WiFi. The app recognized the GoFlex immediately.

Browsing is very fast. The app shows the full filenames.

The app displays everything in portrait only.

Now, if you select a video, and you rotate the Playbook, the video will scale and play in landscape. Strange, but true.

I will keep on streaming for a while, to see if the intermittent stuttering / connection drops come back.

But so far, this combination is pretty much what i need.

Funny, if you play an mp3, then start browsing through folders - the mp3 keeps on playing in the background of the android app. You can start a video, stop the video, and the mp3 file starts playing again where it left off.
    i just tried using the seagate app on the playbook .. put a few seasons of reboot(avi) on the hdd and ran the app.. says it can't play it in native? or something like that.. but if i ran it in the browser it works fine...
    05-07-12 08:47 PM
    Excuse me, the only way to play a video from the Seagate Satellite is with the native video player app? I can't use another video-player without downloading to the PB? (like the SRT Player, ir order to play videos with subtitles). Thanks!
    06-27-12 08:10 AM
    Unhappily is no way to acces to the content of Seagate Satellite with a "browser app" (air browser, file expert, etc); so you can't play the videos of the external hard disck with another "app player" (like "Movie Srt Player", "Movie FLV Player", "Rock Player", etc). Very sad.
    06-29-12 06:52 AM
    I'm glad I found this thread. I was scared this wouldnt work, but hey now I know it will work with all 3 of my playbooks at the same time. One question though, am I to assume I cannot use this with my 9930?
    11-04-12 05:37 PM
    Just received my new GoFlex Satellite (great deal from eBay) and it works great with my 16GB Playbook! I was waiting for RIM to enable the USB OTG, but this is a great alternative to it. I have all my tv show and some movies on the GoFlex and I'm set to go shopping with the wife (she shops while I find a comfy place to settle in, travel for work, or whatever down time I may get. With Thanksgiving coming, if there are deals on the GoFlex Satellite, I would even think of picking up another one for my daughters Playbook.
    11-14-12 10:19 AM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD