What is the file path to the SD Card on the blackberry phone when using one of the many file managers? Know this is probably a stupid question to some, but please extend me some grace for hitting a brick wall on this one!

The Hankster
    Last edited by hankster1988; 06-01-11 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling; edited to make clear sd card on blackberry phone
    06-01-11 12:57 PM
    there is no SD card therefore there is no path
    06-01-11 01:06 PM
    Playbook does'nt have a SD card slot?
    06-01-11 01:06 PM
    Playbook does'nt have a SD card slot?
    No, it doesnt have.

I dont know if the OP means the SD card path of the blackberry when bridged or the user directory of the playbook.

The path for your documents, music, pictures and personal stuff is "accounts/1000/shared"
    06-01-11 01:16 PM
    Correct. I meant to say on the blackberry phone. I have corrected my original post. Sorry for any confusion.

The Hankster

No, it doesnt have.

I dont know if the OP means the SD card path of the blackberry when bridged or the user directory of the playbook.

The path for your documents, music, pictures and personal stuff is "accounts/1000/shared"
    06-01-11 01:40 PM
    In the web browser- file:///SDCard/

In File Explorer- /Media Card
    For example: /Media Card/Blackberry/Documents/

I created a basic 2-page website on my media card to test this way back in the day.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...a-card-130263/
    Last edited by rrrebo; 06-01-11 at 01:54 PM.
    06-01-11 01:47 PM
    Appreciate all the assistance and the confusion is because I am unclear in my question, so please accept my apologies.

I know how to access the file structure when my playbook is connected to my PC. What I need is what is the file path using one of the file managers in App World that I have downloaded to my Playbook.

In using them, I find a sdcard file folder, but it is empty, yet people keep saying they are able to access the contents on their blackberry phone sd card without using the bridge file brower.

Is this true and if yes, what file path would I use? Again, sorry for being so unclear. Hopefully this helps.

The Hankster
    06-01-11 02:20 PM
    I would think you could contact the developer of the file browsing app you are using with that question, or one of these users who says they can do it. The name of the file browser in question would also help.
    06-01-11 02:38 PM
    Are you on BES? I have the same issue and the app developer suggested there may be a BES limitation on accessing the SD card with third party applications.
    06-01-11 05:15 PM
    I'm not on BES and I can't access it either. I have tried air browser and file browser.
    06-01-11 06:10 PM
    Using File Browser the link is rather short

/Blackberry/SDCard

The PB's folders are found in

/accounts/1000/shared

On the PB I reference the "homepage" I created when I open the browser or a new tab as:

file:///accounts/1000/shared/documents/HTML/BlackBerry.html

where I created the subfolder under documents called HTML.

Using the PB browser you can do

file:///

And it will show the paths. If you scroll down you can see a "folder" called Blackberry BUT if you tap is, it will Error Out. You cannot get there from the browser.

More info?

On my 9650/Bold, I've got my homepage in INTERNAL MEMORY:

The reference for the BB's browser is:

file:///store/home/user/documents/BlackBerry.html

I use to have the home page on my sd card but if it was plugged into the usb, it would error out and was slower to load so I moved it to internal storage as above.
    06-01-11 06:23 PM
    What is the file path to the SD Card on the blackberry phone when using one of the many file managers? Know this is probably a stupid question to some, but please extend me some grace for hitting a brick wall on this one!

The Hankster
    You guys need to read. He distinctly said ON THE BLACKBERRY PHONE!
    06-01-11 07:04 PM
    You guys need to read. He distinctly said ON THE BLACKBERRY PHONE!
    DUDE! you need to read! He edited his post for the correct question.

Last edited by hankster1988; Today at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling; edited to make clear sd card on blackberry phone

Post #5 Correct. I meant to say on the blackberry phone. I have corrected my original post. Sorry for any confusion.

The Hankster

He distinctly did not in the original post.
    Last edited by mrwindow; 06-01-11 at 07:25 PM.
    06-01-11 07:14 PM
    Actually, further down, he noted that he edited it for clarity.

It appears the ambiguity was from where? From the PHONE or from the Playbook?

Of the three file managers I have on the PB, only File Browser will access the sd card on a bb phone.
    06-01-11 07:22 PM
    In File Browser, using the file path above, I show an empty folder. Based on a prior post, it may appear empty because I am on BES. It may be an administration issue with my IT Dept.

Thanks for everyone's help!

The Hankster
    06-01-11 08:24 PM
    Is your sd card encrypted? It is slow reading the card and particularly folders since it is drawing thumbnails of the various photos I have.

Oh, interesting. I was just looking at the various folders and now on the SDCard "folder" I am getting "No files in this folder." Buffer or memory problem, perhaps?

How large is your card - mine is 16g...

Oh, even more interesting. File Browser now shows up as a semi-transparently ghostly image and I canNOT open the app. It is not running but I can't get to it. I did upgrade it just before dinner - maybe something is broken.
    06-01-11 08:53 PM
    I have a 16GB card. So, not sure what is going on here......
    06-01-11 09:21 PM
    Well, I just wrote their support an email.

After rebooting, I could not get any files to show on the SDCard folder "no files...." but then I opened BridgeFile and then FileBrowser did show my SDCard. So it obviously has a flaw or two.

(and on a semi-related subject: FileCommander was apparently also upgraded BUT I got it for free and when I tried upgrading it failed. Now I see they are charging for it and I guess there is no freebie anymore. I'm not willing to shell out anymore until some of these apps stabilize, I guess)
    Last edited by F2; 06-01-11 at 09:29 PM.
    06-01-11 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD