Does anyone make a SD card reader for the PB yet?? any ideas on how to take the PB out when we go to photoshoots and transfer files so that people can look at them on the playbook??
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-28-11 01:06 PM
    USB doesn't support SD card readers or any other device as host. No USB OTG available, so hard drives, printers, SD readers etc. won't work.
    04-28-11 01:09 PM
    USB doesn't support SD card readers or any other device as host. No USB OTG available, so hard drives, printers, SD readers etc. won't work.
    dang!!! i saw a AirStash wireless card reader... but before i spend $100 on it i would like to know if it would work... any ideas??
    04-28-11 01:13 PM
    i would be interested in this also , if anyone is able to try it and let us know would be cool
    Or if someone knows a Canadian vendor i could buy it at i would try it.

I could see this working as it is useing file shareing rather than USB
    04-28-11 02:01 PM
    Hopefully these people will develop a Playbook app for their Wi-Fi enabled SD cards...

Eye-Fi memory cards: wireless photo & video uploads straight from your camera to your computer & the web.

Card goes in your camera, stores the image on the card and uploads to PC/iDevice/Android via wifi... Just need to add PlayBook to that list
    04-28-11 02:20 PM
    Airstash doesn't work with the Playbook. I've tried it. Been in contact with the Airstash team to figure it out. They said that they will be purchasing a Playbook themselves to figure it out.
    05-18-11 12:56 PM
    Or they could just make a damn dongle for the pb. I've been hunting around for one too.

Still annoyed at all the major players for not putting SD readers righting there machines.
    05-18-11 01:07 PM
    Airstash doesn't work with the Playbook. I've tried it. Been in contact with the Airstash team to figure it out. They said that they will be purchasing a Playbook themselves to figure it out.
    Please post any updates. I'd pick up one of these in a heartbeat if they can get it to work with the PB.
    05-18-11 01:08 PM
    has anyone tried this solution?

Belkin USB Anywhere - Der USB Anywhere verbindet Ger�te: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubeh�r

would be great to hear a review...
    07-03-11 11:29 AM
    I actually thought that the USB would work with other devices. A guy in an electronics store in a mall in Fort Lauderdale tried to sell me an unlocked 3G 16GB Playbook for $600. Claimed the SIM card went into a dongle on the USB socket ... I would have asked if I had "1diot" tattooed on my forehead, but I was with my wife.

edit - forum will not let me post that word in quotes if spelled properly lol
    Last edited by RWD; 07-03-11 at 02:25 PM.
    mandony likes this.
    07-03-11 02:23 PM

I clearly wish it was possible..... I rigged my own lil contraption in hopes that USB OTG will be available in a coming update. RIM did say it will come but im sure its not in the works yet with all they have on the playbooks priority list at the moment.
    07-03-11 06:00 PM
    I just bought the eye fi for our vacation. It communicates fine with my computer and android phone, but I have not been able to get it to work with the playbook by itself. However, androxplorer works great for moving files from my phone to playbook, so for now it sort of works.
    07-03-11 09:02 PM
    I personally think the omission of an SD/microSD slot was a huge goof on RIM's part. That and the lack of a USB port were the biggest reasons why I refused to buy an iPad.
    07-04-11 07:43 AM
    I totally agree, I am going to be moving on, I just cant decide to sell may playbook or give it to one of my kids. There are too many players in the field to be dragging you feet.
    07-04-11 07:55 AM
    Id sure like to have option to transfer from my camera to my PB when I travel.
    Motoberg likes this.
    07-04-11 10:20 AM
    when bridge files works wouldnt you be able to read microSD cards that are attached to your BB??
    07-06-11 03:18 PM
    belkin USB anywhere does not work with playbook nor Blackberry.
    07-07-11 04:54 PM
    Any updates on this one? solution anyone? SD card to playbook transfer in the field?
    08-20-11 01:43 AM
    Does anyone make a SD card reader for the PB yet?? any ideas on how to take the PB out when we go to photoshoots and transfer files so that people can look at them on the playbook??
    This would be pretty nice although I need one for a compact flash card. In the mean time if all you are wanting to do is show your clients the images on a larger screen than the back of your camera. Get a portable DVD player, plug your DSLR camera into it with the video cable that came with your camera and your ready to go.

I know not as cool as the playbook, but just as affective for showing images to clients.

I do use my playbook for in person proofing logging onto my website and showing their gallery. Pretty nice cause they can place their order right there on the playbook. And with bridge I can do this anywhere.
    Last edited by caboose01; 08-20-11 at 06:45 AM.
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-20-11 06:42 AM
    This would be pretty nice although I need one for a compact flash card. In the mean time if all you are wanting to do is show your clients the images on a larger screen than the back of your camera. Get a portable DVD player, plug your DSLR camera into it with the video cable that came with your camera and your ready to go.

I know not as cool as the playbook, but just as affective for showing images to clients.
    Well yes, thanks but couldn't be anywhere close to the resolution,brightness and clarity and overall coolness of the PlayBook display...and then lug around yet another piece of junk? The idea would be to impress, not just have a larger screen.

My favorite question to answer when people view the obvious sleekness and coolness of PlayBook - "Is that an iPad?" What an opening. My response begins with "Are you kidding me?....

The only way I could think of doing this might be with a mobile hotspot, but the cost! the cost!
    08-20-11 10:47 AM
    Could you use something like the GoFlex Satellite Mobile Wireless Storage? Plug your camera into the GoFlex and then just stream the pictures to the PB.
    08-20-11 11:27 AM
    Could you use something like the GoFlex Satellite Mobile Wireless Storage? Plug your camera into the GoFlex and then just stream the pictures to the PB.
    Hmmm I dont know?
    I was thinking something like that, but doesn't seem likely the camera would have the right USB driver interface, as the Playbook doesn't. Anyone tried this?
    08-20-11 12:11 PM
    There are or have been devices commonly called "usb bridges" that can connect two devices that otherwise cannot talk to each other. The reviews have always been mixed - slow or klutzy to use.
    08-20-11 12:45 PM
    There are or have been devices commonly called "usb bridges" that can connect two devices that otherwise cannot talk to each other. The reviews have always been mixed - slow or klutzy to use.
    Sounds like it, but does it work for this? Seems it would need specific drivers on PB and the camera as well...
    08-20-11 06:50 PM
    Sounds like it, but does it work for this? Seems it would need specific drivers on PB and the camera as well...
    I can't seem to find any current devices. But I believe it worked by emulating the "computer" to both devices and played intermediary. Again, reviews were mixed. Here's an older link:

Delkin USB bridge - report from use on vacation - Canon Digital Photography Forums
    08-20-11 09:54 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD