Hey guys, first time posting. I will get right to the point. I have a wifi playbook with os ver. 2.0.1.358 and the scrolling is horribly slow and checkered. Also clicking on pics is bad also. They don't open right if at all. I don't have much installed mainly because of those two problems... any suggestions on how i can fix it?
    09-17-12 06:55 PM
    See my video in this thread, and the posts by me and others following it. Maybe it will help.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...11/index2.html
    09-17-12 07:21 PM
    Start by checking WiFi performance and make sure you are not sharing bandwidth with a big download to pc. The times I see poor screen and checkerboard it is always slow delivery of source data so server streaming speed can also be an issue particularly for big pages like crackberry.
    09-17-12 08:51 PM
    Thank you.
    09-17-12 09:31 PM
    Will doing a hard reset erase my data, or lose my contacts, pictures etc? And if not, how do I do a hard reset?
    09-17-12 09:42 PM
    You should not lose any data. You should back up your data in any event. You can do it manually (which I prefer) using drag/drop under Windows or mac file explorer/manager. Or you can use the Desktop Software.

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    09-18-12 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD