I'm new to PB. Half the time when wanting to scroll up or down, I inadvertantly open a new window. This is because of all the links and ads on the sides, especially the right side, and touching them does that.

I also blame the small screen size of the PB for this problem. It would be nice if you didn't have to touch the visible screen, but could scroll using the outside sections of the display. Very frustrating, or else I just don't have the touch technique down.
    01-23-12 10:28 PM
    you would only open a window if you tapped the screen.. are your hands shakey or something? haah, ive never experienced this.
    01-23-12 10:31 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    You will get the hang of it with more use... and...

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Also check out the vids in Playbook 101.

Enjoy!
    hpjrt likes this.
    01-23-12 10:34 PM
    Nope, not shakey at all. Maybe I'm touching the screen too quickly, causing an unintended double tap. But I don 't think so.
    01-23-12 10:35 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    You will get the hang of it with more use... and...

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Also check out the vids in Playbook 101.

Enjoy!
    Yes, will do. I'll check out tips/tricks... certainly could use one.
    01-23-12 10:37 PM
    Nope, not shakey at all. Maybe I'm touching the screen too quickly, causing an unintended double tap. But I don 't think so.
    Is it only when using the browser or is it just during general use?
    01-23-12 10:38 PM
    I also open links inadvertently. The suggestion is to touch and slide, a touch, like a quick flick seems to open the links.

You can use the bezel for scrolling it you start scrolling in the main window and then slide over to the bezel and continue in your direction. One fluid move.
    01-24-12 12:14 AM
    I have the same issue, small screen fat clumsy fingers. From what I have gathered the bezel is just a threshold, not a full sensor across the whole bezzel, why we cannot simply have a vertical scroll in that manner. What I find works best for me is to slide my finger on the edge of the screen and bezel. I find it works best by not trying to be too pricise (very tip of a finger), as long as the ads/links are not right on the edge it works nicely for me.

It also gets easier with time.
    01-24-12 12:42 AM
    I got used to it very quickly and love it
    01-24-12 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD