I currently have an Apple Keyboard and Magic Mouse hooked up to my Playbook. They work very well, the implementation is incredible. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to scroll with the the mouse. It really limits the PB since if I hook it up to my television I cannot scroll unless I have the PB near me. Has anyone gotten this to work or is this something we are hoping to get in a future update? Aslo, is there a way to select text and bring up the copy/paste menu without having to use the touch screen? I can select text by holding shift / arrow keys on the keyboard but am unable to perform any actions without having to use the touchscreen.

Thanks
    06-23-11 11:50 AM
    I seem to recall the Kevin came across the answer by accident in the middle of his video review of the PB. I think it may have been a right click and then while the right mouse button is pressed, replicating the gesture you'd make with your finger on the touch screen (as in, drag across the bezel to bring up the menu). But I might be remembering this wrong. Look for one on Kevin's earlier video reviews if this doesn't work.
    06-23-11 11:59 AM
    He shows how to gesture using the right click which I understand how to do. I've since discovered the scroll and select function works in all the apps except the browser. Hopefully this is only a bug that will be fixed in a future update or perhaps there is a different way to do it with the browser?
    06-23-11 12:40 PM
    The Logitech V470 Bluetooth mouse works much better than the Apple mouse. Including scrolling in the web browser and docs. Doesn't seem to work with BB Bridge however.
    06-23-11 12:45 PM
    The only way to scroll in the web browser is to use the scroll wheel (if you have one) on the mouse. I have a Dell Bluetooth mouse and the scroll wheel works perfectly for scrolling with the browser. I haven't found another way of doing it other then using the scroll wheel.

There is a way to cut/copy and paste with the mouse. I forgot off the top of my head how to do it, but I figured it out last week. I believe you have to highlight the text and then hold down the right or left mouse button.

On a standard Windows PC mouse, the right and left buttons both do different things when paired with the Playbook, as well as the scroll wheel. If you have a single-button mouse and it's meant for an Apple, I'm not sure you will get all of the functionality of a bluetooth mouse and the Playbook together.
    06-23-11 01:21 PM
    Alright I'll check out the regular non-apple BT mice and see if I can get one to work. Thanks for your help!
    06-23-11 01:41 PM
    06-23-11 03:04 PM
    mouse-wheel scrolling in the browser works great for me. Dell BT mouse
    06-23-11 03:31 PM
    Any luck selecting text or pulling up the copy/paste/open in new tab menus?
    06-23-11 03:50 PM
    To select and copy text from the browser using a keyboard and a bluetooth mouse you have to press right click on the text you want to copy and press shift and then use the arrows on the keyboard to select the text. Is there any other way?
    05-18-13 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD