my biggest pet peeve with the playbook is the scrolling. why is it different depending in the size of the website? ipad is the same regardless of the site, very annoying.
    Last edited by croanthony; 01-13-12 at 03:27 PM.
    01-13-12 02:05 PM
    Wait. what exactly do you mean?
    01-13-12 02:06 PM
    I think I know what you are talking about. In some cases swiping advances like 3 lines and another time it advances 10 when you are scrolling the same distance. I have noticed this in the developer preview of OS2. I didn't notice it on 1.0.8.x, but I only played with that for a day and a half before I wanted to mess w/ the new hotness
    01-13-12 02:59 PM
    I think I know what you are talking about. In some cases swiping advances like 3 lines and another time it advances 10 when you are scrolling the same distance. I have noticed this in the developer preview of OS2. I didn't notice it on 1.0.8.x, but I only played with that for a day and a half before I wanted to mess w/ the new hotness
    exactly, should i have to very my scrolling speed depending on the size of the site? ipad is smooth because scrolling doesnt very, its same for large and small, pb isnot like this,sometimes the scrolling is uber slow and sometimes uber smooth, most frustrating thing for me
    01-13-12 03:21 PM
    considering pb users will spend most of their time scrolling it is a huge fail for rim
    01-13-12 03:23 PM
    ummmm....huge fail right away eh. meh.

well i dont really have any problems scrolling but there is always room for improvement such as one touch top or bottom. thst would be really convenient.
    01-13-12 03:27 PM
    ummmm....huge fail right away eh. meh.

well i dont really have any problems scrolling but there is always room for improvement such as one touch top or bottom. thst would be really convenient.
    Come on man it's not only huge it's epic.

I don't have this particular issue I just wanted to say epic fail.
    The one touch up or down would be useful. Not sure where they would put the buttons though. Two finger hold at the top or bottom?
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    01-13-12 03:35 PM
    Wow another whaaaa whaaaa whaaaa

How old are you people? Seriously
    01-13-12 03:36 PM
    considering pb users will spend most of their time scrolling it is a huge fail for rim
    Tempest in a teacup.

I confess that I never noticed this "problem" and now that it's been pointed out, I find it still doesn't bother me.
    01-13-12 04:46 PM
    In the OP's defense, he might have a legitimate gripe.. Is there anyway to help? Can the scrolling speed be adjusted? Is there any added functionality advantages for having the varying scroll speeds?

If it's not possible to change it, the OP might have a better chance of getting some change in posting this to Blackberry support forums rather than make a big post claiming failure on crackberry. Someone there will be able to take your complaint/suggestion into account and make improvements for future updates of the browser.
    01-13-12 04:55 PM
    I think the OP will have to move on or wait for optimization of the OS and video driver which hopefully comes in 2.0.

I don't have a problem with anything scrolling one way on one page and another on another page. My computer does that.
    01-13-12 04:59 PM
    i have a Bold 9930 and a Playbook. i wouldn't trade them for anything. Just wanted to get that out there first .In defense of the OP I had noticed, and always wondered about that too. Just a minor annoyance though.
    01-13-12 06:31 PM
    My PlayBook scrolls as fast as I move my finger, regardless of the site I'm on. Different coding on different sites might affect this, but that's not your PlayBook's fault. Maybe more details would help us understand.
    01-13-12 08:48 PM
    My PlayBook scrolls as fast as I move my finger, regardless of the site I'm on. Different coding on different sites might affect this, but that's not your PlayBook's fault. Maybe more details would help us understand.
    preety sure its rkms fsult ipad is same regardless lf what sitd
    01-17-12 10:56 PM
    preety sure its rkms fsult ipad is same regardless lf what sitd
    I'm surprised auto correct isn't a bigger issue for you..
    FF22 likes this.
    01-17-12 11:25 PM
    I'm surprised auto correct isn't a bigger issue for you..
    2nd... amusing.
    01-17-12 11:31 PM
    I completly get this! I had an iPad before and yeah I agree the scrolling is smoother because it universal, no matter what you are doing its the same! (side note, scrolling in this site is amazing

To add something else I have noticed is when you are about to scroll sometimes the playbook thinks you are hitting a link and all of a sudden you have a new page open, I cant tell you how many times I have done this so I hope that gets sorted out a bit to.
    01-17-12 11:40 PM
    I

To add something else I have noticed is when you are about to scroll sometimes the playbook thinks you are hitting a link and all of a sudden you have a new page open, I cant tell you how many times I have done this so I hope that gets sorted out a bit to.
    That aspect is DEFINITELY annoying.
    01-17-12 11:42 PM
    Scrolling and general OS lag is brutal. But it's still better than any android tablet or phone that's not running ICS, so basically 99% of android.

This smoothness that some people say "doesn't bother me", is a huge problem, it's something ios had nailed 4 years ago.

You can pretend it doesn't exist or doesn't bother you, but then you'd be lying to yourself.

It's an epic fail.
    01-17-12 11:50 PM
    Scrolling and general OS lag is brutal. But it's still better than any android tablet or phone that's not running ICS, so basically 99% of android.

This smoothness that some people say "doesn't bother me", is a huge problem, it's something ios had nailed 4 years ago.

You can pretend it doesn't exist or doesn't bother you, but then you'd be lying to yourself.

It's an epic fail.
    I didnt even know that android had a problem with this so good to know at least we are somewhere in the middle! yeah you nailed it! Even if you say you dont care if you pick up an apple device you notice the differences. But this is a fairly new OS still, and I am pretty sure they will iron out some of this smaller stuff after they get QNX backon track. I am using 2.0 beta right now and I dunno if its just me but I already notice that the keyboard just feels snappier, so RIMS doing a good job of putting a nice finish on it, I dont think they will overlook the scrolling!
    01-17-12 11:56 PM
    Well nothing new here... Obviously the more addons a site has going, the more laggy the scrolling will be. I also have this almost always even with no other programs or tabs running. Wish RIM would simply allocate more priority to web processing so i dont have to disable things like Flash and in some cases even Javascript to get smooth scrolling going. This is by far my largest complaint with the Playbook.
    01-18-12 12:06 AM
    I've also had this issue with ios devices, you haven't? Screen size and fat fingers come into play, but I wouldn't trade my tablets portability.
    01-18-12 12:10 AM
    I found the scrolling terribly slow on the stock browser, so I downloaded the dolphin browser. it scrolls at lightning speed. you need to run it through the android player though, so it is not entirely ideal. but i can not see using the stock browser unless they open up the settings for it.

the stock browser needs faster scrolling and more settings options.
    01-18-12 12:18 AM
    Ya, I don't want to start any type of wars here in case there are some droid lurkers, but I've had my fair share of droids including a nexus s, and any honest droid user will agree the lag in the os is noticeable. The various ui's that the manufacturers slap on make it even worse. The biggest offender is motorola with Blur. But most manufacturers have some ui overlay going and it does 2 things: 1) slows down and bloats the device 2) delays OS updates. Serious idiots...

It's one of the reasons the whole hacker community is all into rooting and overclocking. The lag kills the android experience. Take note when reading ICS reviews, they all talk about how much "snappier" ICS is. They liked ignoring it before. Fanboys... What do you expect :-)

The tablets are even worse. Next time you're at futureshop or bestbuy, try swipe through the home screens and watch it happen moments after your finger moves. It's useless. Web browsing is the same. Heavy pages kill it. Contacts app? Brutal.

PB is definitely a notch above pre ICS droids.
    01-18-12 12:19 AM
    I've also observed huge differences in scrolling speeds. To test, try scrolling in the Crackberry forums (lightning fast) and Slickdeals.net (super slow). Note I am on the stable OS release and have Java disabled.
    01-18-12 02:30 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD