Hey guys I was asked by a few folks to video a screen shield install. This is how i install

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gav3X721qlg[/YT].

Please feel free to comment and see if we can get any other ideas, for the best practice when we install screen protection..
    Regards verticallimit12
    artie, gideon59, sdk1 and 2 others like this.
    01-24-12 06:50 PM
    Thanks for the video. Does the color and screen look as sharp as a stock Playbook?

When did you get your playbook?..because there are SCRATCHES on your screen or maybe smudges
    01-24-12 11:30 PM
    I like the tape-hinges. I may have purchased that same protector - well, at least it had the two shields with tabs like that one. I just kind of lined it up and dropped it - next time tape-hinge for me - if there is a next time.
    01-25-12 12:32 AM
    Thanks for posting this. I always had a hard time with the lint!!!! now i can use your strategy!!
    verticallimit12 likes this.
    01-25-12 12:41 AM
    Thank you so much, like the tape hinge. Where can i buy a Screen Sheild?
    01-25-12 01:00 AM
    Thank you so much, like the tape hinge. Where can i buy a Screen Sheild?
    I'm not sure but his looks like the same as mine, which I got from monoprice.com. They're cheap but they'll get the job done. You can also pick up a micro hdmi cable for hdmi output from your playbook pretty cheap too.

-

I love the idea of the tape hinge, never would have thought of that myself. My current protector I just aligned to one side, but other than that there are only a couple of very tiny air bubbles. I have another screen protector but it's not worth the hassle so soon.

A couple of recommendations I would make is to do it on a clean glass surface to keep things like lint and dust away. I'm not sure but from the video it looked a little like carpet? Another is to use a can of compressed air to blow away small particles from the screen after wiping it down.
    artie and verticallimit12 like this.
    01-25-12 01:18 AM
    I use BestSkinsEver.com whenever I need a device skin. The application process is a little more advanced, but it's worth it, imo.
    01-25-12 07:35 AM
    I had one of those shields, if you touch the sticky side with fingers, it will not re-stick, I ended up throwing it away.
    I may try another one after watching you do it.
    01-25-12 02:28 PM
    I'm not sure but his looks like the same as mine, which I got from monoprice.com. They're cheap but they'll get the job done. You can also pick up a micro hdmi cable for hdmi output from your playbook pretty cheap too.

-

I love the idea of the tape hinge, never would have thought of that myself. My current protector I just aligned to one side, but other than that there are only a couple of very tiny air bubbles. I have another screen protector but it's not worth the hassle so soon.

A couple of recommendations I would make is to do it on a clean glass surface to keep things like lint and dust away. I'm not sure but from the video it looked a little like carpet? Another is to use a can of compressed air to blow away small particles from the screen after wiping it down.
    They only have 3ft cables and I noticed that the rest are standard and not "high" speed like the 3ft; does that matter?
    01-25-12 02:46 PM

-

Very true indeed sadly the lighting in my room where i film is rubbish so needed a light background. I normally use a little bellow type.pump but as usual the kids had got hold of it. But many thanks for watching and commenting
    01-25-12 03:10 PM
    Thanks for the video. Does the color and screen look as sharp as a stock Playbook?

When did you get your playbook?..because there are SCRATCHES on your screen or maybe smudges

Yeah I noticed it as well. But it was the capacitive grid for the screen . Also the screen does seem to be more vibrant.

Thanks for stopping by and watching my video
    01-25-12 03:15 PM
    Thanks for the video. I never thought of installing it that way. Now when I get mine it should be easy to do it. Maybe you should patent it.
    01-25-12 06:09 PM
    Thanks Vertical, another good video, and I'll be using that tape trick as well.

Keep 'em coming, I'll keep watching.
    01-25-12 06:26 PM
    I wish I could patent the idea but sadly, it was something i saw ages ago on you tube for an ipad install. Since then iphone, friends phones and now.my.playbook all get installed with the tape hinge.
    01-26-12 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD