Just purchased my PB and love it so far.
    My biggest issue is when I'm using specific apps: Facebook, Globe and Mail, Vancouver Sun, Calgary Herald, and other news related apps...I find the only visual orientation it gives is in landscape...and I hate holding / reading in landscape mode. Is this specific issue to these apps?

Kobo and my numerous other apps all seem to rotate to portrait orientation when I turn my playbook, so I don't think it's a hardware issue to my PB.

I've also triple checked to make sure that I don't have it on orientation lock on the PB.

Does anyone else have this problem with these apps. It drives me nuts.
    01-04-12 04:13 PM
    Some apps simply don't support portrait mode, and the Facebook app is one of them. Those news apps are probably all or almost all from the same developer, which may explain why all of them act the same too.
    01-04-12 04:51 PM
    Thanks, You're right, the majority of those news apps are all the same developer, it's a shame the 4-5 apps I use the most I don't have this optionality with. Most shocking is the facebook app, although in reality the entire PB app seems archaic in comparison to my iphone and android facebook apps. It's almost enough to make me rethink my playbook purchase.
    01-04-12 06:04 PM
    I smell something.....it smells like "troll"
    01-04-12 06:24 PM
    don't want to fall into a lure...but if you really are just asking as an open minded newbie, try the web version of fb. Far better than the app IMO.
    01-04-12 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD