Hey everyone after I upgraded to os 2 I have noticed that sometimes when Im in an app or using the browser the playbook just wont respond to my touch. Right now I cant get the top homescreen banner to respond when I touch it. Has anyone else had this problem?
    03-18-12 08:34 AM
    No, not at all. I was just thinking the other day about how much more responsive the entire PlayBook is since the OS2.0 update. I've had my PlayBook since May and it's more responsive then its ever been, maybe because everything appears to be quicker.
    tharrison4815 likes this.
    03-18-12 08:43 AM
    I'm sure you know if you are touching the bezel too far in from the edge that touching is effected.
    03-18-12 08:48 AM
    I have found that I sometimes have to click links twice. Clicking once will highlight the link, but goes nowhere until I hit it again.
    03-18-12 09:02 AM
    I think you are too fast with the tap.
    03-18-12 09:21 AM
    Try cleaning the screen when you have a problem with responsiveness. I find screen protectors can affect responsiveness too; even more when dirty.
    03-18-12 09:40 AM
    Hi, as kbz said, maybe the way you hold the playbook if accidentally have prolonged hold on to the bezel could cause that.

Personally i find the screen more responsive after os2

The double tap i think you can fix by actually triple-taping works for me. Hope that helps.
    03-18-12 12:30 PM
    No problem with mine.
    03-18-12 12:44 PM
    I have found that I sometimes have to click links twice. Clicking once will highlight the link, but goes nowhere until I hit it again.
    I've had this issue since OS1 and it's frustrating to no avail.

However, I noticed the screen to be more responsive with OS2 and sort of more "precise" to the touch such as clicking page numbers on forums is now somehow easier.
    03-18-12 03:00 PM
    Yes, twice with OS 2.0 the browser stopped responding to top bezel swipes. Yesterday most recently. Other apps are fine at the same time so it is just the browser for me, not the OS as a whole or a strange bezel hardware issue, just the browser. Killing the browser and restarting it fixes the problem. Annoying bug for sure.

When it isn't doing this, going poof or hanging the 2.0 browser is really good...
    03-18-12 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD