I'm looking for a screen protector (and possibly protection for the back and sides) for my playbook.

I'm leaning towards wrapsol. I have it on my Torch, and I love it! It's just so clear and nice!!

Anyways, I like how clear it is. I guess its the glossy look. I've seen a lot of matte ones and some aren't as "clear" or "glossy" enough like the wrapsol I have. I don't like Invisibleshield due to the fact it has that "orange peel effect," and bodyguardz isnt as clear as the wrapsol.

So maybe I'll go with Wrapsol? Any thoughts?

thx
    09-23-11 07:17 PM
    i'm using a Zagg shield. I love it!
    09-23-11 07:30 PM
    does that have orange peel effect?
    09-23-11 07:31 PM
    Ghost Armor Cell Phone Skins and Cases, Laptop Wraps & Screen Protectors | Ghost Armor

edit: It does have the orange peel look when viewed at an angle, but its invisible straight on. The GA feel is great.
    Last edited by Altarocks; 09-23-11 at 07:35 PM.
    09-23-11 07:33 PM
    any other recommendations?

or do most ppl go naked with it?
    09-27-11 01:43 PM
    I'm using the i-Con one that I got from Futureshop. It relies on "static" to adhere to the PlayBook's screen. I had no problems putting it on though others have complained about it.
    i-CON by ASD BlackBerry PlayBook Anti-Glare Screen Protector - 2 Pack (ASD337) : Tablet Cases & Skins - Future Shop
    09-27-11 08:53 PM
    i still have the original screen protector that came with the pb since may haha The one with 2 white hands!! ill take it out when 2.0 comes out!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    nova_8 likes this.
    09-27-11 09:14 PM
    I don't use screen protectors on my touch screens because I think they the screens were designed to be used without a screen protector. I also hate the way most of them look and I don't really abuse my devices.
    09-27-11 09:24 PM
    i still have the original screen protector that came with the pb since may haha The one with 2 white hands!! ill take it out when 2.0 comes out!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ROFL, that cracked me up just esp when I read the part that you've had it since May. I've only had mine for 24 hrs and I'm doing the same thing until I find a screen protector I like. I don't like protectors w/the "orange peel effect" when viewing at angles. I really like the screen protectors I bought from Verizon when I bought my 9850. It's a dry application and is smooth and clear. I'm hoping to find something similar w/the PB.
    10-01-11 05:38 PM
    I'm looking for a screen protector (and possibly protection for the back and sides) for my playbook.

I'm leaning towards wrapsol. I have it on my Torch, and I love it! It's just so clear and nice!!

Anyways, I like how clear it is. I guess its the glossy look. I've seen a lot of matte ones and some aren't as "clear" or "glossy" enough like the wrapsol I have. I don't like Invisibleshield due to the fact it has that "orange peel effect," and bodyguardz isnt as clear as the wrapsol.

So maybe I'll go with Wrapsol? Any thoughts?

thx
    I've had good results with both Invisibleshield and Bodyguardz. I would recommend definitely using a screen protector. If you like Wrapsol, go with what you like
    10-01-11 05:40 PM
    Blackberry - Tablets

I use these on all my touch screens. they are crystal clear and you can not tell its on there. plus no water application needed
    10-01-11 05:46 PM
    I have an otterbox and just removed the screen shield from the frame. Now I don't have to hammer the screen to type and the playbook is still protected if I drop it.
    10-01-11 05:57 PM
    hammer when you type? I don't have to do that with mine.
    10-01-11 06:06 PM
    Blackberry - Tablets

I use these on all my touch screens. they are crystal clear and you can not tell its on there. plus no water application needed
    Now that's what I'm looking for, a clear protector w/o water application. Thanks!

EDIT: just placed an order, they have an eBay store where they offer free shipping.
    Last edited by III 4U2NV III; 10-01-11 at 06:51 PM.
    10-01-11 06:11 PM
    Now that's what I'm looking for, a clear protector w/o water application. Thanks!

EDIT: just placed an order, they have an eBay store where they offer free shipping.
    no problem. take you time putting it on and make sure you are in a clean room lol. Should be good to go then
    joc3721 likes this.
    10-01-11 06:52 PM
    In another thread dealing with typing on the pb I came up with a suggestion for a screen protector:

"Hmm, what we need is a screen protector with little bumps on the home keys like on a real keyboard. Just don't slash yourself swiping across them!!! "
    10-01-11 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD