hey guys sorry for the newbie question but, im gonna buy a screen protector for my playbook, so idk, does the brand matter? any experience you would like to share? thanks for the answers
    12-23-11 03:03 AM
    i dont use screen protector. for me the gorilla itself is tough enough to protect itself against scratches
    12-23-11 03:24 AM
    You'll also have to decide on which you want either glossy or matte finish. One is like a mirror and the other is anti-reflection. Then you can decide on the brand. For me, I don't mind the reflection. Just hold it in the right angle. The anti-reflection kinds are also good. They resist finger prints really well, but after a while you get a build up of oil. It's because they have microscopic pits to absorb light. Both also have very different texture and feel. So I guess you'll have try both out to decide.
    12-23-11 04:09 AM
    Here is what I said in a similar thread:

"I use the Zagg InvisibleShield and I think it is great. Get someone to help you put it on and follow the DIRECTIONS and even search for videos on how to properly put it on. If you let it sit for AT LEAST 24 HOURS you will get the best out of it. It will look horrible at first as it might look dirty and infested with micro bubbles but trust me letting it sit will make some go away and then the other imperfections will work themselves out over time as the instructions say. AND YOU HAVE FREE REPLACEMENTS FOR LIFE!"

Here is the link to the thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-647161/

All the best
    12-23-11 06:03 AM
    I think brand only really matters when you're looking to pay a certain price. Most if not all the pricier screen protectors come with a lifetime replacement promise.

As for experiences, you can easily search the forum for screen protectors and get many threads with brand names and reviews.

I am not a fan of the whole "put water on your expensive electronic device" to get a screen protector on it, but this is my first tablet and i still have the stock screen film on it. ive had my PB for almost 3 weeks now. With that said, I have ordered a Ghost Armor screen protector and body shield from the local kiosk. It will be in, in a few days and after looking it up, I have decided to try to apply it on my own.

You should be okay with what ever you choose, just as long as you know how to install it properly.

i think my biggest issue will be not using my PB for at least 24h so it has time to cure.
    12-23-11 06:37 AM
    I tried two cheapy types before biting the bullet and buying a Zagg. It's more involved to put on and costs a lot more, but once it's on it blows away the others.
    12-23-11 07:54 AM
    I started buying screen protectors from iPad Skins, iPhone Covers, MacBook Screen Protectors, Blackberry Screen Covers | Best Skins Ever years ago during my Creative Zen Vision:M days. Now I've moved on to Cowon MP3 players and a tablet instead of my palm but still use bestskinsever. I'm not affiliated in any way and take the time to post this as a satisfied customer.

Gawain
    12-23-11 09:29 AM
    If i had to choose between zagg and ghost armor(both made from the same material, while the GA isn't quite as thick), GA all the way. Zagg is a nice product but after having on my 9800 for a while it gets that nice orange peel effect. The GA on the other hand stays crystal clear even after a year of use and isn't tacky like the zagg is.

The amount of water/soap solution used is negligible. When I installed my GA on my PB I made sure to sweep the water to the bottom and not the sides so it didn't get into the speakers.
    12-23-11 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD